• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cutting the Cord (Ditching TV, not having a baby)

Two questions that just may clinch it. Does youtube TV give us local affiliate channels (NBC etc) and can we record CBS Sunday morning with the dvr function?

With YTTV you can basically watch any show you want at any time you choose.

Started a 21-day YTTV trial today as well. Spectrum TV on a really short leash.

Gotta keep their internet though---it's really all that's available here for me in my part of beautiful WNC.

Have to figure out what to do about Braves baseball, though.

It may have already been discussed, but antenna pick-up is still really good in places & has supplemented spots around our house/tailgates/etc.

I pay for yttv, cable, & every other subscription service like a jackass....

But, it's crazy how often picture quality is complimented when all we're doing is plugging in non-amplified rabbit ears.

Signed up for AT&T fiber today as the precursor for cutting Spectrum loose. YTTV looks like the way to go. Having to beg Spectrum for a piddly $15 discount on my bill did not give me the warm fuzzies.

At the tailgate we will usually do YTTV connected through a mobile hot spot and I’m surprised at how well it usually works.

Tangentially related, but the AmEx Blue Cash Preferred card offers a $7 monthly credit on the Hulu/ESPN+/Disney+ bundle, which essentially cuts the price in half (~40% after the upcoming price hike). It also gives 6% cash back on streaming and grocery stores (up to $6k in purchases), which more than covers the $95 annual fee. The bundle + YTTV gives me everything I need.

Fingers crossed. Internet fixed and I may have my wife convinced to keep internet, dump tv, and buy our own modem and not move to comcast.

Ok now I'm even more confused since FiOS doesn't have a modem. Do you mean router? And what were they trying to upsell you? I'm oddly intrigued by this whole "I long for Comcast" thing.

No one longs for Comcast. Just had a terrible run with vz customer service more than once. Trying to navigate while my wife had a tough day dealing with it while trying to work from home.

And, of course, router. I keep saying modem. It's been a long week.

The most recent time it was "I can definitely help fix this problem for you. Once we upgrade you everything will work fine." Never actually said what the upgrade was (currently at a gig). The moment she typed no for the millionth time they said "ok, we'll send you to the service dept"

I am currently switching between a digital antenna, sling, and ESPN +

I can understand the desire for cable

My wife was very suspect about leaving Spectrum and going to YTTV. We also have access to Google Fiber.

This weekend she was busting my balls on why we didn’t switch earlier.

No downsides to YTTV that I have experienced. It is indeed the tits.

My wife was very suspect about leaving Spectrum and going to YTTV. We also have access to Google Fiber.

This weekend she was busting my balls on why we didn’t switch earlier.

No downsides to YTTV that I have experienced. It is indeed the tits.
I was hesitant as well. But then Spectrum kept raising the price so 2 years ago as football season was starting, I signed up for a trial of YTTV. Haven't regretted it for a second.

We made the YTTV switch this weekend and are having some growing pains. Did I see somebody post that you can rearrange channels/add favorite channels on a computer?

We made the YTTV switch this weekend and are having some growing pains. Did I see somebody post that you can rearrange channels/add favorite channels on a computer?
You can, as well as hide the channels you don't care about.

I love YTTV and would never go back. My only gripe is that I wish the back button on my remote worked for the app

I'm doing Hulu Live TV bundle with ESPN+ and Disney+. I liked YTTV but the Hulu bundle has been good for me.

You can, as well as hide the channels you don't care about.

I love YTTV and would never go back. My only gripe is that I wish the back button on my remote worked for the app
if you hit the down button (my fire stick has a circular directional button) it'll bring up a bunch of channels, including the last one you were on.

Back