• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacon Club - time to pony up

Man, sorry to hear that. I can finally take my kids to a WF basketball game (maybe in January!).

Lost decade is over.

The newfound excitement around Wake Forest is going to be good for admissions in a few years. A new generation of young Deacs to be brought back into the fold. Assuming people still see value in this pricey education.

Thank you.

I know he'd have been through the roof on this news.

[BTW: It wasn't Covid-19, my Pop was just old. :')]

When Manning was hired my mom would cut out articles from the newspaper about it and mail them to me, old-school style. I distinctly remember the one with him on the back of the motorcycle. I wish that she were here to see the excitement around this new hire.

That’s what I think Wellman didn’t get… What a successful and enjoyable basketball program can mean to family relationships and the making of memories.

I think it's not so much that Wellman didn't get that family/,fandom thing about basketball or other sports... I think he knew and understood it.
I just think as time went by in his tenure he got wrapped up in the money raising and glad handing that he began to forget it little by little.
And in it's place grew his ego. So by the end, all that was important was for him to be the proverbial "Smartest Man in the Room" and us Peons recognize it.

Also, if you're in NC now is a great time to put down a deposit on tickets. They go down to quarter season packages, which will be like 5 games. Another way to throw some support to the AD.

Also, if you're in NC now is a great time to put down a deposit on tickets. They go down to quarter season packages, which will be like 5 games. Another way to throw some support to the AD.

i wish I lived close by. me and my 4yo would be all over that.

Is there b-ball at homecoming? I’m headed down for that game (presumably) and would love to see some hoops stuff too.

How come he called you and not us?

Probably a call bank spinning out calls but limited by lines. Just got our call in Triad about 45 mins ago. I loved his line in the presser, something like "you don't want to be the fan who hears the next day about the exciting win and regrets not being there."

I just sent a donation. But with a little extra in Dad's name. He'd have definitely loved to see the dawn of this new era.
Man. It actually makes me a bit misty to realize how close he got to seeing the end of this Lost Decade.

[For all the returning/new people, my Dad was an old Deac from the late 50's. He unfortunately passed away the first week of March. So close. :/]

Condolences to you and all your family and friends.

I just renewed. Chump change and I live out of state. Just giving a tangible “thank you “.

Just doubled my contribution to the Deacon Club. Very excited about this hire!

Fuck no, those SOBs still owe me some money back from the early Bzzaster years. I'm pretty excited about Forbes and it'll be fun to jack off to a press conference, but they've still got to earn it back with some results. This is a good first step, but after the Lost Decade the days of straight enabling are over.

Man, talk about calling someone out and then not backing up your words. You had a Fuck You Currie thread.

What a wimp. I ponied up.

Just got an e-mail from the Deacon Club (B Faircloth); quite inspiring videos attached. Told him my check was in the mail, doubling my modest Booster contribution, and considering bumping up to the next level. Funny how things have changed so much in 7 days but am glad they have.

Go Deacs!

Can we get an update on the response the Deacon Club has received this week?

Can we get an update on the response the Deacon Club has received this week?

Fr. They had to have had one of their best weeks in years. Not only was Manning fired, but they were also able to hire a damn good coach. I’d love to see some numbers.

Man, talk about calling someone out and then not backing up your words. You had a Fuck You Currie thread.

What a wimp. I ponied up.

I'm the most consistent person on here. The guy finally did his job (in the exact manner I have been pushing, btw), a year too late, and we're supposed to open our wallets as if the last 10 years didn't happen? We even haven't won a game yet. You guys are like battered wives, give you a flower bouquet and you're sucking dick while forgetting about the neck brace you are wearing.

I'm excited about this hire and hope it works out, but we have a long way to go before this mess is actually cleaned up.

Back