• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you eat alone with the opposite sex?

Lunch?

• Of course

Votes: 77 90.6%
  • Yes, but my SO would not like it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I stand with Mike Pence

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • Doofus only eats with Numbers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Once again, Pence calls his wife "Mother."

There is literally nothing else you need to know about him. He is a psychopath and should be viewed as such.

If you haven't had a comprehensive discussion in your relationship about what you both expect the marriage to look like moving forward, including but not limited to: (1) work schedules; (2) having children; (3) raising children (who is doing it, is someone staying home, are you both working and hiring someone); etc. then you aren't ready to get married.

I have no sympathy for anyone who finds out five years into a marriage that their significant other never wants to work a day in their life after a baby comes along. I realize that things change over time and there can be post-partum issues for the mother, or the father may realize that he just wants to stay home and raise the little bundle of joy, but I'm not really talking about these "changed circumstances."

If you haven't had a comprehensive discussion in your relationship about what you both expect the marriage to look like moving forward, including but not limited to: (1) work schedules; (2) having children; (3) raising children (who is doing it, is someone staying home, are you both working and hiring someone); etc. then you aren't ready to get married.

I have no sympathy for anyone who finds out five years into a marriage that their significant other never wants to work a day in their life after a baby comes along. I realize that things change over time and there can be post-partum issues for the mother, or the father may realize that he just wants to stay home and raise the little bundle of joy, but I'm not really talking about these "changed circumstances."

Probably should just quote this for future reference.

The Bible was written by men in a paternalistic society that wanted to preserved their power. Next?

I actually really like the theory that the epistle to the Hebrews was written by a woman and that is why it is anonymous. Has nothing to do with this discussion, I know.

how does that happen? do people not go into the room to collect their child?

Numbers is hiring a super hot au pair. His girlfriend signed off on it in their comprehensive discussion.

Numbers is hiring a super hot au pair. His girlfriend signed off on it in their comprehensive discussion.

Numbers is the king of CYA contracts. Seven years of law school are finally paying off.

Yeah I negotiated for that in exchange for doing the dishes on Thursday nights

Sounds like you have it all figured out but FYI the eastern euro ones are smarter and more responsible (i.e. can be trusted with the car), but are colder. The south americans are dumber but warmer with the kids.

I actually really like the theory that the epistle to the Hebrews was written by a woman and that is why it is anonymous. Has nothing to do with this discussion, I know.

i don't buy it

too much brotherly love talk in book 13

As long as you acknowledge you can't possibly discuss everything with your SO before marriage that could potentially cause friction, it's not that naive.

But I think the major gripe is that things change, both in a marriage and in life. What you want today may not be what you want down the road. It's important to lay a good groundwork for honest communication, but don't expect the work to be done before you say "I do."

Back