• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you eat alone with the opposite sex?

Lunch?

• Of course

Votes: 77 90.6%
  • Yes, but my SO would not like it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I stand with Mike Pence

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • Doofus only eats with Numbers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't even disagree, I just find the takes entertaining basically for the reasons qcdeac and townie mentioned.

Meh, I may have a different idea about all of it because I'm an early over-sharer in terms of my opinions/feelings when I meet new people... but I can't believe the conversations some people DON'T have before they move in/get engaged/get married. Obviously things can change and your answers should never be considered permanent, but personally I wouldn't even consider one of those big life moves without having had those big types of conversations (finances, kids, try to stay in this area or anticipate moving, etc.). Open the door of communication and keep it open, makes handling changes down the road much easier.

Last edited:
Hey httd I'm stuck in the airport with a male colleague and we've had two meals together. Heads up!

I don't even disagree, I just find the takes entertaining basically for the reasons qcdeac and townie mentioned.

The idea of numbers hashing out everything with his gf using spreadsheets and powerpoints detailing expected salary earnings and death projections is such a great visual

Hey httd I'm stuck in the airport with a male colleague and we've had two meals together. Heads up!

Watch out! Cucking in the Chili's!

Meh, I may have a different idea about all of it because I'm an early over-sharer in terms of my opinions/feelings when I meet new people... but I can't believe the conversations some people DON'T have before they move in/get engaged/get married. Obviously things can change and your answers should never be considered permanent, but personally I wouldn't even consider one of those big life moves without having had those big types of conversations (finances, kids, try to stay in this area or anticipate moving, etc.). Open the door of communication and keep it open, makes handling changes down the road much easier.

Of course, everyone agrees with that. Can't folks just pick at numbers anymore without it becoming a whole thing, gosh!

The idea of numbers hashing out everything with his gf using spreadsheets and powerpoints detailing expected salary earnings and death projections is such a great visual

Watch out! Cucking in the Chili's!

It's La Guardia so just like restaurants in the dark and silent DJ booths and stuff.

That fella is the most nervous yet try to pretend not nervous fella Ever

Are we sure it's actually a conversation between numbers and his gf or is it really his gf tells him what is going to happen and he goes with it 100%

As long as you acknowledge you can't possibly discuss everything with your SO before marriage that could potentially cause friction, it's not that naive.

But I think the major gripe is that things change, both in a marriage and in life. What you want today may not be what you want down the road. It's important to lay a good groundwork for honest communication, but don't expect the work to be done before you say "I do."

What's the Mike Tyson quote?

"Everybody has a gameplan until you get punched in the mouth."

This is real talk. The expectations and vows of two people are hard to hold when a third, fourth person and so on enter the family.

This was shared on Facebook by a lady friend who happens to be one of the hottest women I know. I actually had lunch alone with earlier this year and managed to make it out with my marriage intact.

17457530_10155327140079684_2470667105585204498_n.jpg

Last edited:

obvs, but the point PH, Townie and I are making (*shudder*), is that you can talk yourselves to death about what your hopes and dreams and preferences and herpy derpy blah blah derp, and that's all good and what you should do before getting murried, but (i) life has a way of smacking the F out ppl that even the most prepared/educated/careful of us can't anticipate and (ii) there is really just no way to prepare/predict your reaction to some marriage and children situations.

and I don't mean "get together at 24 and wait until 30" i mean "don't get serious about settling down until around 30"

Not sure if that helps. I'm glad I did that but I have plenty of friends who didn't and we all encountered unexpected things.

Far be it from me to tell a bro who meets the girl of his dreams in high school or college to wait until 30.

Back