• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DUNE Mafia -Game over, CIVS WIN

I thought QT played well. She did most of the work outting gsterp and also broached the subject of why historicus probably would have been hit if had the role he claimed. Kanohji also played well.

Knight, stop.

I agree with redwing that if you ran it again with an active Baron that it could turn out completely different.

Starting to get the impression I was too hard on QT. If Eaglez and SLT both say she did well, she probably did. They're a lot more experienced than I am.

I felt like she hung onto me as a suspect way too long, but I did lend myself to that a bit by letting Toogs advance the case that I was Corrino, because he was also advancing the case that I was the last Corrino and needed to be spared. I don't know how many people were believing it other than Knight, but seems reasonable that some would.

Since I got neg repped for something I said in this game, I want to make sure everyone knows that anything I say during a mafia game is not an indication of what I think of you as a poster. Also, anything you say to me during a mafia game I don't take to heart - I see it all as a game. I don't hold any grudges and I do apologize if anybody took anything the wrong way.

Starting to get the impression I was too hard on QT. If Eaglez and SLT both say she did well, she probably did. They're a lot more experienced than I am.

I felt like she hung onto me as a suspect way too long, but I did lend myself to that a bit by letting Toogs advance the case that I was Corrino, because he was also advancing the case that I was the last Corrino and needed to be spared. I don't know how many people were believing it other than Knight, but seems reasonable that some would.

That's the thing... You really weren't on my list at all. I wasn't asking you for anything I wasn't asking of others. It was about getting more info. Mafia had all the info and we needed to be better clued in, that's all I was going for. I was working under the wrong assumption on numbers and things just weren't adding up. It was completely plausible that you and damo were final 2 mafia and I felt it needed to be said incase things blew up that round. I apologize if that offended you. And the whole Jessica/Jessica thing when we were told fake claims were given just jumped out at me as odd. *

I've played enough with people that were mafia that I made sure to doubt Diego just enough they'd think I was screwing things up again. Also, it should have been noted had Historicus' role been true. It isnt like that was info mafia didn't already have. WFU, we knew he was mafia, I was trying to see if anyone was going to "follow a known civ" and maybe move to save him. I try not to do stupid shit without a reason. Even if it is a reason that no one else gets. Yes, I do things a bit differently most of the time, that doesn't necessarily make me stupid or wrong.*

Redwing, SLT- thank you for running the game.*

Last edited:
I learned a very good lesson to apply to future modding sessions: never have a posting/role restriction that forces a player to completely shut down like Beads did. Even if that wasn't the case here, I would never want that kind of play in a game I ran.

Beads didn't have a posting restriction, the rules specifically said there were no posting restrictions. He was just playing that way to mess with people's heads. It's not a bad way to play if you're consistent with it.

I'd like to see the "Jester" role appear in some games, basically it's an indy that wins if they get lynched under certain conditions.

Was Gurney Halleck one of the safe claims for Corrino? I realized too late that we could have used that and it would have been a good safe claim.

Yeah. I gave Gurney to Corrino to counter the Harkonnen's Hawat. Both we're pretty important characters so I thought they would be good claims. And we didn't even get to use a Patrick Stewart picture...

Since I got neg repped for something I said in this game, I want to make sure everyone knows that anything I say during a mafia game is not an indication of what I think of you as a poster. Also, anything you say to me during a mafia game I don't take to heart - I see it all as a game. I don't hold any grudges and I do apologize if anybody took anything the wrong way.

Wasn't me bro. That sucks. I sign my rep as well.

I agree with your post too.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

That's the thing... You really weren't on my list at all. I wasn't asking you for anything I wasn't asking of others. It was about getting more info. Mafia had all the info and we needed to be better clued in, that's all I was going for. I was working under the wrong assumption on numbers and things just weren't adding up. It was completely plausible that you and damo were final 2 mafia and I felt it needed to be said incase things blew up that round. I apologize if that offended you. And the whole Jessica/Jessica thing when we were told fake claims were given just jumped out at me as odd. *

I've played enough with people that were mafia that I made sure to doubt Diego just enough they'd think I was screwing things up again. Also, it should have been noted had Historicus' role been true. It isnt like that was info mafia didn't already have. WFU, we knew he was mafia, I was trying to see if anyone was going to "follow a known civ" and maybe move to save him. I try not to do stupid shit without a reason. Even if it is a reason that no one else gets. Yes, I do things a bit differently most of the time, that doesn't necessarily make me stupid or wrong.*

Redwing, SLT- thank you for running the game.*

For a good while I thought Diego was Paul. He and I were the only two that hadn't claimed anything that I didn't think had a decent shot of being mafia, so it made sense. I didn't expect the cop to be Paul, that still seems a little off to me. My character seems like she was more powerful in our game than Paul was.

The more I read about Historicus's claim the more I didn't believe it.

I really was upset that people were trying to kill damo every round for what I thought was a stupid reason and then later, obviously, knowing he was civ. And I just felt like you were holding onto the idea of me being mafia way after it was obvious.

I never had a good feeling about gsterp, but I guess the vets are giving you credit for turning the tide on that, and it was convenient that he was already on the chopping block when I got my message through (there was about a 3-4 minute lag) that confirmed him. I debated not coming out because it looked like he might go anyway (or someone else I was pretty sure was bad), but on your investigation list I don't remember completely but there were a couple of people I knew were civs. I felt like the only way we could lose the game was to accidentally hit civs, so I thought that was the time I had to come out to try to prevent it.

Definite good game to QT - she took the lead when no one else did. Kanhoji had a great game too - awesome job holding back. All around solid job by the civs - with a little luck (7erps hit and no Smiley).

Damo - no worries.

Knight - another win - racking them up

I swear to God if I had a vig hit I'd use it on you out of spite. You and Knight have tried really hard to fuck this game up and it's a wonder you haven't succeeded. I was planning on staying hidden the whole game, just giving my information like I did earlier and then when I died you'd see my character description and know it was all true. Fortunately, we've killed enough mafia that it's most likely immaterial.

Wtf is this? You played like a ninny and you are lucky I didn't survive longer or you would have died with no reveal. And contrary to your obtuse opinion, you would have been blasted in the post game for failing to reveal with protection available and having such a powerful investigative role.

FYI, QT being the player that was relentless in seeking role claims and cross-examining gs won the game for her team. Please eat a big pie of stfu.

I'll work on filling in the rest of the roles on page one. Thanks for bearing with us here. This was the first time for both SLT and myself, so there were some rough edges. Also it didn't help that there were five mafia players killed before a single civ. I appreciate all comments, criticism, praise and/or hate mail you would like to share.

Thanks on many fronts:
Thanks for agreeing to help SLT so this didn't turn into a clusterfuck
Thanks for getting this in so we don't have to listen to SLT threaten to run it for the next 5 years
Thanks for a fun game despite the confusing content.

Sorry you never got to use it. I enjoyed saving Bernie to the wrath of the terp players but then stupidly saved historicus due to toppings erratic playing style and his possible conversion

Please stop lumping all Terp players together.

Thanks on many fronts:
Thanks for agreeing to help SLT so this didn't turn into a clusterfuck
Thanks for getting this in so we don't have to listen to SLT threaten to run it for the next 5 years
Thanks for a fun game despite the confusing content.

Agreed.....awesome game

Dune book looks to be in the shopping cart soon...

Wtf is this? You played like a ninny and you are lucky I didn't survive longer or you would have died with no reveal. And contrary to your obtuse opinion, you would have been blasted in the post game for failing to reveal with protection available and having such a powerful investigative role.

FYI, QT being the player that was relentless in seeking role claims and cross-examining gs won the game for her team. Please eat a big pie of stfu.

There are few things message board related that I love more than a genuine kahonji meltdown....

Please stop lumping all Terp players together.

Will do. I didn't mean to group you all together. I enjoy playing with quite a few of you.

I should have said, it was fun to ignite the easily excitable players (both Deacs and Terps)

I had no reason to come out. No one I had confirmed as a civ had gotten heat except Damo and I managed to steer the conversation away from him without giving myself away.

Why force people to use protection when there was no indication I needed it? let them protect other people.

I guess it would have been better to out myself early and make the mafia reluctant to use their safe claims.

7erps role seemed really powerful to me. An investigation into our mafia every night? That's essentially two 'cops' looking for us.

I had no reason to come out. No one I had confirmed as a civ had gotten heat except Damo and I managed to steer the conversation away from him without giving myself away.

Why force people to use protection when there was no indication I needed it? let them protect other people.

I guess it would have been better to out myself early and make the mafia reluctant to use their safe claims.

The mafia rarely indicate who they are going to hit at night....I would argue that your character was more important than the cop....

Back