• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fake slide

He tweeted that he “changed the game”

What a weird small person

When other teams start flopping down, WF should simply return the favor. Otherwise, WF will take all the burden for the opponent cheating. Once a game is lengthened enough due to both teams flopping all game, there will be booing in the entire stadium on both sides as the games lengthen to 5 and 6 hours. Not until the fans are affected by this type of cheating will the NCAA address it. Got to fight fire with fire.

When other teams start flopping down, WF should simply return the favor. Otherwise, WF will take all the burden for the opponent cheating. Once a game is lengthened enough due to both teams flopping all game, there will be booing in the entire stadium on both sides as the games lengthen to 5 and 6 hours. Not until the fans are affected by this type of cheating will the NCAA address it. Got to fight fire with fire.

Great idea!

Good call. I also think we should just line up and hike the ball. Get in a fight. Make it obvious you need to get your fake ads injury off the field.

But what if it's a real injury?

So ya gotta support the sit a series rule or similar.

Good call. I also think we should just line up and hike the ball. Get in a fight. Make it obvious you need to get your fake ads injury off the field.

But what if it's a real injury?

So ya gotta support the sit a series rule or similar.

Like I've said before, injured and need to be helped from the field? Trip to locker room for medical evaluation. Can't play again until cleared.

I also like the idea of team on the field havi g to stay between the hash marks and coaches on the sidelines until the injury timeout is finished, the ball is spotted ready for play and the play clock started. Only medical/trainers allowed on the field.

Like I've said before, injured and need to be helped from the field? Trip to locker room for medical evaluation. Can't play again until cleared.

I also like the idea of team on the field havi g to stay between the hash marks and coaches on the sidelines until the injury timeout is finished, the ball is spotted ready for play and the play clock started. Only medical/trainers allowed on the field.

Definitely agree. Teams stay between the hashes in a loose huddle. Trainers (water carriers) can bring water out and referees will stand next to both huddles and make sure no team staff come out to "coach." It's how injury timeouts work in baseball...

I like the idea of the players sitting out the series, but it would take some serious changes to the officiating mechanics to enforce it. Not saying it can't be done, but given the number of opposing players we hurt every game, it will take some serious bookkeeping by the officials to keep up with it.

In terms of game length, about 50% or more of stoppage is due to a 3.5 minute TV timeout that goes well beyond the time it takes the "injured" player to jog off the field. Get rid of those.

So much is recognizing that defensive injuries can be strategic and offensive injuries aren’t because rules have been changed to eliminate the strategic edge.

Only extend offensive player injuries to full media timeouts. Defensive player injuries require the defensive personnel to stay on the field between the hashes and only sub out the injured player. Officials spot the ball during the injury and the offense can snap the ball as soon as the injured player is off the field.

Didn't see it until now....quite a gift and bone headed play. Good friend who's a Pitt alum said "Boneheaded mistakes are our bread and butter this year!"

What is the "intent of the rule" that this goes so clearly goes against? Isn't the intent of the rule to prevent QB's from faking a slide?

And isn't this something that would usually happen to Wake?

Back