• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fake slide

I know we can't really say that was the difference between winning and losing, but this is not the first time something like that has happened to us. It was the 85 or 86 ACC tournament Friday evening game vs. UNC. We were beating them and likely going to win. Our forward Charlie Thomas dunks the ball, UNC's Warren Martin falls down directly under Thomas as he's dunking, Thomas hangs on the rim obviously to avoid coming down on Martin. It was a technical foul, as under no conditions could you hang from the rim. However the refs even told Thomas he did the right thing, but they had to call the technical. UNC went on to come back and win. The next year the rule was changed that a player was allowed to hang on the rim if it was to prevent injury to himself or another player.

I remember that play like it was yesterday. Still pisses me off. Thomas was a really good player - he transferred away to New Mexico or somewhere like that - don't know the story behind his transfer.

The lesson of that little story is FUCK CAROLINA; even if one of their players risks serious injuries those dickheads get a special rule and probably 6 credit hours

I remember that play like it was yesterday. Still pisses me off. Thomas was a really good player - he transferred away to New Mexico or somewhere like that - don't know the story behind his transfer.

Yep I think it was New Mexico.

I mean we should we even be allowed to play the bowl game? In 2 of our last 4 games against a couple of tough defenses we've been laying guys out left and right. Obviously our offense is too physical and a danger to opposing defenses.

Narduzzi has been accused of having defense fake injuries against fast offenses more than once, even as DC at MSU. He even publicly defended Penn State for the tactic. No surprise they did it against Wake.

"We try to do things with class here," he said. "Victory formation is a good formation. One of my favorites to end a ballgame like that with two minutes to go and no timeouts. Other people decide to do it another way than what we do. It will always come back to get you. Karma's rough."

Narduzzi after Pitt’s win over Clemson, referring to Clemson not taking a knee at the end of their blowout of Pitt last year.

If Andersen had blown up pickett from the fake slide b.s. move during this 1st Q drive, Wake would have coasted to the ACC Championship. :thumbsup:

Not sure if anyone noticed this, but it's just another example of the bush league bullshit. The ole bait and flop. Go to the 18:00 mark and watch #8 from Pitt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q74ZtTC1oU&t=1083s

I came away from that game with zero respect for Pitt and their head coach. Guy was totally classless the entire week. Clawson was a gentleman but I'd love to hear his thoughts off-the-record after about two beers.

He transferred after Tacy left and we hired Staak. We lost most of our roster. Muggsy and Mark Cline were about the only ones who stayed.

If Andersen had blown up pickett from the fake slide b.s. move during this 1st Q drive, Wake would have coasted to the ACC Championship. :thumbsup:

Well, he was clearly injured a few drives later...and we sort of knocked him down once, more like his own OL got pushed into him.

In my opinion when he was limping around grabbing his back or his side, we should have sent the house and hit him again, quickly. Nothing dirty, just all out blitz.

Bob Staak

New rule discussed on PTI yesterday. Kornheiser was pretty adamant that the NCAA only got it half-right; in addition to the runner being down there should be a penalty.

New rule discussed on PTI yesterday. Kornheiser was pretty adamant that the NCAA only got it half-right; in addition to the runner being down there should be a penalty.
Agreed and the penalty should be delay of game. I would even add loss of down because the play was intentional on behalf of the QB.

Although this aligns with other offensive penalties such as intentional grounding whose "penalty" is same outcome as a sack, I agree with TK there should be a yardage deduction, too.

Is it even a new rule? Or just clarifying that the game officials fucked up

Back