• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fake slide

Pitt fans are calling us classless for booing their fake injuries. I despise them as bad as I do Hole and UL fans now.

Well it is classless to boo truly injured players. It's not when it's their bush-league strategy and there is no real injury. It's just so funny that those people represent a college in "Steel City" and blue collar workers, but they're out there fake sliding and faking injuries. Just pitiful.

Last edited:
Well it is classless to boo truly injured players. It's not when it's their bush-league strategy and there is no real injury. It's just so funny that those people represent a college in "Steel City" and they're out there fake sliding and faking injuries. Just pitiful.

Exactly, I'd never boo a kid I thought was really hurt, I always clap for somebody coming off the field with an injury. However, it was so freaking obvious what State and Pitt were doing and it's big-time bush-league.

Because they’re desperate to get people in the college football world talking about them and that’s the only memorable thing about the weekend for anyone who’s not a Wake or Pitt fan.

They’re recognizing a viral opportunity and capitalizing on it.

I'm sure there will be hurt feelings on the booing. It seemed that many of our 1st downs caused injuries. The one that was not a fake was when AT Perry and the CB? tangled up and the Pitt guy was obviously hobbled.

Asking our broad fan base to only boo fake injuries is a tough one, when you realized on most of our third downs our own fans started cheering and making noise along with the Pitt fans.

Asking our broad fan base to only boo fake injuries is a tough one, when you realized on most of our third downs our own fans started cheering and making noise along with the Pitt fans.

This drives me nuts, especially when our own sideline has to turn around and tell our fans to be quiet.

ACC Championship. Backed up in our own endzone. Our players had to tell our fans to be quiet. It was embarrassing.

I was surrounded by students who kept wanting to do the WAKE FOREST chant whenever we were on offense

There was a lady Pitt fan a few rows in front of us. She was a Pittsburgh 8 who had a few drinks in her cheering like a weirdo throughout the game. But even she was loud on defense and in her seat quiet on offense.

ACC Championship. Backed up in our own endzone. Our players had to tell our fans to be quiet. It was embarrassing.

I was screaming at my section to “shut up” including Randolph Childress, Rogan Kersh, and others. :couch:

Luginbill on P&D actually complemented pickett on the dick fake slide move?! :mad:

Game on- just truck every QB from now on, slide or not! :thumbsup:

Well it is classless to boo truly injured players. It's not when it's their bush-league strategy and there is no real injury. It's just so funny that those people represent a college in "Steel City" and blue collar workers, but they're out there fake sliding and faking injuries. Just pitiful.

I've been a Wake fan since 1972 and I don't remember a season when we "injured" so many defensive players (but rarely badly enough to keep them out of the game more than one play, maybe two). Our OL must be ferocious! LOL

I've been a Wake fan since 1972 and I don't remember a season when we "injured" so many defensive players (but rarely badly enough to keep them out of the game more than one play, maybe two). Our OL must be ferocious! LOL

I mean we should we even be allowed to play the bowl game? In 2 of our last 4 games against a couple of tough defenses we've been laying guys out left and right. Obviously our offense is too physical and a danger to opposing defenses.

First down plays are especially lethal.

Had on First Take in the background and Foxworth and Ninkovich roasted Pickett for the fake slide. Called it fraud and questioned his integrity. Loved to hear it.

Fuck that guy. All of the players in his little video actually completed their slide, not trying that bush league fake slide. I hope someone on MSU takes Pickett's head off and then we can hear all those Pitt bitches whine.

Boogie, you know who to hit hard next year.......

Wait? We mad now about Wake Football fans making too much noise? Hah, times have changed!

Back