• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fast Car

Go ask actual musicians whether modern pop country is the same as traditional country.
there was bad pop country being made in the 1970's and 1980's at the same time that the good traditional country was being made

Similarly, there is bad modern pop country and there is good traditional country being made in 2023.

Would you rather listen to modern outlaw country or classic outlaw country?

There was a link I am sure I saw on here that showed how recognizable 90s pop songs were with later generations. I went through the list with my daughter. I could be mistaken, but I think Fast Car was one of the least recognized songs on that list. Looks like that will change.

Johnny Cash did an entire album that was basically about how Native Americans got screwed, mocking Custer, and so forth. I do not follow pop country music these days but I would be surprised if someone could pull that off today. It would be too woke.

Why would I want to engage in a debate about country music with this person?
I don't know. And why did you then choose to build up a straw man with that same person only to attack it several times while totally ignoring what was said? You could've just argued with whatever position you made up to attack and saved us all the time

Why the fuck is anyone listening to someone whose states best artist is a toss up between Uncle Kracker or Kid Rock.

Why the fuck is anyone listening to someone whose states best artist is a toss up between Uncle Kracker or Kid Rock.
Man as much as I dislike Kid Rock the first minute of Bawitaba goes so hard. Then unfortunately he starts into the first verse.

Real country music is "three chords and the truth" (Harlan Howard). That is the music that will stand the test of time. If a song conveys truth rather than relying on market research about what sells and what appeals to the masses, then it will last, whether or not it has the same tropes and themes as countless other songs.

Dude -- Stevie Wonder, Sufjan Stevens, Seger!, Jack White, Smokey Robinson, Iggy Pop, Madonna, Alice Cooper, Diana Ross. Have you heard of Motown? WTF? You also forgot about the Nuge.

Real country music is "three chords and the truth" (Harlan Howard). That is the music that will stand the test of time. If a song conveys truth rather than relying on market research about what sells and what appeals to the masses, then it will last, whether or not it has the same tropes and themes as countless other songs.

Back