• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Florida State Game Time

2) Nobody wanted hard questions when we were winning. People just want to make Clawson feel the same pain and embarrassment they feel because Wake lost.
I dont agree with this take at all. WF fans have given Clawson way more leeway than a lot of other fanbases would have given him. We want to know why he doubled down on starting Midge when it's painfully, glaringly evident he isn't a D1 QB.

After the Virgina Tech loss, Clawson questioned whether the team would continue to play hard for a win or would give up and pack it in for the season. They showed up against Pitt and pulled off a last second win behind the third string QB.

Clawson's decision to start Griffis surprised me. The win last week had provided a small measure of momentum. Starting Griffis destroyed that momentum. Playing Griffis for the first 49 minutes despite a terrible performance appeared to destroy the morale of the team. From my personal perspective, Clawson gave up on his team this afternoon. That is unacceptable.
This!

Again, I think almost everyone likes Clawson. But the dude is making millions of dollars to win. He’s not performing community service by being the WF head coach where we all say thanks and tap him on the ass and then say “go get ‘em. We’re proud of you no matter what”.

The fact that Clawson continues to play a kid that obviously has no business playing P5 football…hell Griffis would be a marginal DII player is disturbing. However, Clawson knew good and damn well Marucci just won a game in dramatic fashion and played better than Griffis ever has plus he also knew 95% of the fan base wanted to give Marucci a chance to keep the magic going and Clawson held up his middle finger to the team and the fan base. Fuck you Dave.

I know that I was demoralized that Tino didn't get the start. We'll never know what could have been. I had good vibes had he started.

Have to think players might have been as well seeing as how they literally carried him off the field last week.

Back