• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Florida State Game Time

IDK...I still think had you told us before the season that we'd have the same record as Clemson at this point of the season with 3 wins OOC averaging 33.3 pts a game and with losses @CLEM (by 5 pts), and @VT and home to #4 FSU, that few of us would be terribly surprised.

Now beyond that, knowing the details of those games and what we had to do to not only pull out those wins, but what we did during the losses that could have been different, I think THAT is where all of our issues come in to play.
FIFY...FIFM

If Kern is healthy soon I'd imagine he's gonna get some PT
I actually like Kern the least of our options for the team/playbook we have. He’s not mobile enough and doesn’t read the RPO well, so with our line/blocking scheme, he’s just not a good fit.

I probably would like to see Marucci at Duke because we know what we have in Mitch. Give Tino a quarter and see how we okay/respond.

Did Norvell call the dogs off in the 3rd quarter? I wasn't able to watch the 2nd half.

What always frustrates me on this board is how so many posters over hype expectations and then act upset and disappointed, ready to bench players and fire coaches when we fail to meet those expectations. The truth is always the same in football and men's basketball. Wake Forest is generally playing at a talent deficit and only under extraordinary circumstances will we achieve above the reality. The Tim Duncan/Childress years were a brief period of superior talent. The Riley Skinner/Aaron Curry years were an anomaly of diamonds in the rough and some tough minded coaching. The Clawson/ Sam Hartman years have been a remarkable blend of coaching innovation and totally unexpected grit. The fact that Clawson has led us to 7 straight bowls is a remarkable credit to him, the staff and players. We were never top 25 talent in any of those years. People should stop the pissing and moaning. This year is a back to reality lesson. We are who we have always been, but are very lucky to have an inspiring, innovative coach. Most years this will be who we are. Try being a Clemson fan right now. That's REALLY hard.

How come FSU did not let us hang around and make it a "one score game in the 4th quarter?"

We are gracious hosts, how rude of them.

What always frustrates me on this board is how so many posters over hype expectations and then act upset and disappointed, ready to bench players and fire coaches when we fail to meet those expectations. The truth is always the same in football and men's basketball. Wake Forest is generally playing at a talent deficit and only under extraordinary circumstances will we achieve above the reality. The Tim Duncan/Childress years were a brief period of superior talent. The Riley Skinner/Aaron Curry years were an anomaly of diamonds in the rough and some tough minded coaching. The Clawson/ Sam Hartman years have been a remarkable blend of coaching innovation and totally unexpected grit. The fact that Clawson has led us to 7 straight bowls is a remarkable credit to him, the staff and players. We were never top 25 talent in any of those years. People should stop the pissing and moaning. This year is a back to reality lesson. We are who we have always been, but are very lucky to have an inspiring, innovative coach. Most years this will be who we are. Try being a Clemson fan right now. That's REALLY hard.
Some LOWF grenades are incoming. Reality is a bitter pill.

All true except Clemson beat us again, with Mitch being Mitch. Any QB, including WF legends Cory Randolph and Brett Hodges, wins AT Clemson this year.

I'd rather have that game and be 5-3.

I actually like Kern the least of our options for the team/playbook we have. He’s not mobile enough and doesn’t read the RPO well, so with our line/blocking scheme, he’s just not a good fit.

I probably would like to see Marucci at Duke because we know what we have in Mitch. Give Tino a quarter and see how we okay/respond.
I’m pretty sure Kern wins a foot race with every QB on the roster.

My understanding is that his toothpick build and turnovers were the issue.

If we cant compete at this level then why fight to stay in the ACC? Why is it that teams like Kansas and Duke can field 10 win teams in football but Wake can’t? Why can Northwestern get to a rose bowl but Wake has to have lowered expectations?

If we cant compete at this level then why fight to stay in the ACC? Why is it that teams like Kansas and Duke can field 10 win teams in football but Wake can’t? Why can Northwestern get to a rose bowl but Wake has to have lowered expectations?
Wake has had a few 10 win teams, and got to an Orange Bowl and withing one game of a 2nd only 2 seasons ago. Much like we could have said about the Deacs a few years back, let's pump the brakes on Duke and Kansas being able to sustain their recent success (and Northwestern already clearly hasn't); damn hard to do at the small privates like Duke, and the publics like KS that don't have much of a local recruiting area to draw from.

Corey Randolph was an excellent qb who never should have lost the job to Mauk. We would be very lucky to have a qb like randolph this year
No, you heard fusiondad. This is who we are. Wake shouldn't expect to have a better starting QB than Mitch Griffis even though we haven't had as bad a starting QB as him in my 30 years as a Wake fan.

Back