• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football practice report

The running game has actually looked really good so far. The front seven was having a hard time figuring out where the ball was going, and when they did the OL was doing a great job blocking.

Tyler Cameron is a pro at running the option it seems to me. Hopefully he goes ahead and grabs second-string and is ready to go at the starting spot next year.

FWIW, WF's o-line had an unbelievable amount of injuries (Ford - out for the year; Chase - out for the year; Summers - out for the year; Heartsill - out for the year; Souza - suspended). Really think the o-line will be much improved this year (impossible for it not to be improved based on injuries alone). The question will be whether the OL improves from a zero to a 2 or to a 6.

The running game has actually looked really good so far. The front seven was having a hard time figuring out where the ball was going, and when they did the OL was doing a great job blocking.

Tyler Cameron is a pro at running the option it seems to me. Hopefully he goes ahead and grabs second-string and is ready to go at the starting spot next year.

Is Cameron looking better than Tanner?

Is Cameron looking better than Tanner?

Tanner has looked good too imo. I just saw more of Cameron because he was on the field right in front of me yesterday. It's hard to tell because they are practicing with different teams. Tanner definitely has the better arm and has shown that in the passing drills. Cameron is probably better at running the option from what I have seen. He is a serious threat with his legs.

Tanner Price is definitely the guy to beat and I highly doubt there will be any controversy unless if he starts the year exceptionally poorly. In that case we would probably consider the season a bust anyway if we lost 3/4 games. So Cameron would be smart to go to.

jamesda will not like this development.

Tanner has looked good too imo. I just saw more of Cameron because he was on the field right in front of me yesterday. It's hard to tell because they are practicing with different teams. Tanner definitely has the better arm and has shown that in the passing drills. Cameron is probably better at running the option from what I have seen. He is a serious threat with his legs.

Tanner Price is definitely the guy to beat and I highly doubt there will be any controversy unless if he starts the year exceptionally poorly. In that case we would probably consider the season a bust anyway if we lost 3/4 games. So Cameron would be smart to go to.

Thanks.

I do hope that Cameron will get multiple snaps this season if, as it appears, he is the QB of the future.

If Grobe really wants to run the option, then Cameron should get some consideration, he can scoot. Can also throw some bullets.

Pretty sure james is a big Cameron fan.

The preseason scrimmages are tentatively scheduled for 9:30AM on:

Tues., Aug 13
Sat., Aug 17 (same day as the Fan Fest which starts at 5PM)
Wed., Aug 21

Location is BB&T Field. Usually football scrimmages are open to the public, but there's been no official announcement yet about this year's scrimmages. I think that at least the first two will be public.

Last edited:
You're probably right. I thought he was the one clamoring for Sousa.

No I have thought all along Cameron will be our starter next year. I haven't been able to get out and see Sousa this year, but from what I seen last year his accuracy was a serious issues. I thought Cameron's senior hs tape looked better than what I had seen of Sousa.

When do you move Sousa out to flanker? Isn't he too good an athlete to have on te bench? Sort of feels like skylar jones redux

When do you move Sousa out to flanker? Isn't he too good an athlete to have on te bench? Sort of feels like skylar jones redux

Gotta remember the coaching staff sometimes does not maximize some of our players strengths on the field.

Gotta remember the coaching staff sometimes does not maximize some of our players strengths on the field.

Gotta remember these players are actual people, not chess pieces on a board.

Sounds like Wortham just has a strained achilles although the MRI results haven't come back. Actually, sounds like the 4 rbs we have (Gibson, Wilhite, Wortham, and Martin) will be fine even if we don't get Josh H. back.

Yes, but I remember when Sousa was signed, he said he would do anything to help the team. I even think the quote was, "I'll line up at tight end if they ask me to." Or something like that.

I have always thought that since Camp and before him Givens comes under for the 5 yard pass so often - when we had a tight end who was a deep threat, or could run deep routes fairly fast (Tshevinski??), it opened up the middle a lot.

Would just like to see a tight end with speed out there some to help give Camp or whomever is catching short passes a little more room.

Back