• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU/Clemson to Big 12? Demise of ACC?

I love the idea of a UNC v. USC or State v. USC reg matchup.

Pitt v. Kentucky?

My dad went to F$U and I've never been bothered with them. They were like an older brother all the other ACC schools looked up to. But things have changed since we started beating them. Insecurities have been exposed.

At last year's game I sat behind a nole who simply could not stop talking. Got kicked out, which killed me because I wanted to see his face at the final gun.

Saying Wake Forest around an Nole fan is akin to mentioning Butler, Pittsnoggle or Cleveland St around us.

I'm all for taking Ole Miss behind the woodshed again, I want another shot for a trip to the Grove.

Georgia - Clemson

GT - Auburn

Two HUGE rivalries that most people don't know about.

I definitely think its time for the ACC to approach ND.

Ga Tech also has a 28-21-3 record against Alabama, although they haven't played since 1984.

Also, Tallahasse's only 200 miles from Auburn.

FSU also used to play USC every year when they were both independent.

FSU - Bama seems like an epic game to me

Va Tech v. UT makes a lot of sense (235 miles and a lot of the same recruits). Va Tech v. UK makes a little less sense.

FSU - Bama seems like an epic game to me

They only played once during the Bowden era (2007). Not sure if Bama just wanted to keep the FSU program down or Bowden didn't want to play against his alma mater. Once Bama screwed him on the head coaching job I doubt he wanted to spend any time in Tuscaloosa.

4. Embrace the SEC in scheduling: Four members of the ACC already play annual nonconference games against the SEC: Georgia Tech-Georgia, Clemson-South Carolina, Florida State-Florida, Wake Forest-Vanderbilt. Trust me when I tell you that despite its recently announced alliance with the Big 12, the SEC would like for more of its members to play nonconference games against the ACC. It makes scheduling easier and gives both leagues nonconference games that make sense geographically. Given the success of the SEC, playing those teams (and beating them) would give the ACC more street cred than playing USC and Stanford.
Don't get hung up whether or not you're helping the SEC. The fans would love these games.

I'm not sure what other games would be a good match besides UNC or State vs. Tennessee and VT vs. Bama or Auburn and that second one is a stretch. BC, Cuse, Pitt vs. any SEC would be a headscratcher and nobody would care about Maryland or UVa vs. Kentucky.

That's kind of a load of crap if you ask me. It's not like the SEC has tried very hard to play ACC teams over the years. I know Auburn paid their way out of a series with FSU a few years ago, Gators won't play Miami. Not to mention, the SEC wants to destroy the ACC so why help them?

Everybody dances around the topic of Notre Dame, which continues to cling to its football independence while housing its other sports in the shaky Big East. The ACC should take it head on. Put together a contingent of presidents and athletics directors, get on a plane to South Bend and make a dead-serious proposal for the school to move all sports to the ACC. Convince Notre Dame that its best access to the national championship game is by winning the ACC. Ask AD Jack Swarbrick what it would take and figure out a way to make it happen. There is nothing to lose here and, if the ACC pulled it off, it would be a game-changer.

This has been underway as of 2-3 months ago.

There is no way that UF would play an ACC team out of conference. Hell they wouldn't be playing FSU if the state senate hadn't forced them to.

Megaconferences make scheduling more difficult. What are we looking at every year in non-conference a 1-AA, Vandy and another weaker team like Rice, Indiana, Navy, Temple, etc? Will we still see big non-conference games like Nebraska, ND, Stanford with 9 conference games?

Back