• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of thrones season 5 (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

I guess she is going to need a new champion. Ol' whats-his-name might be coming along at the right time with Tyrion.

Thought the unsullied were supposed to be bad asses. They got chewed up pretty good.

supposed to be good soldiers. lock shield to shield advance on the field etc. not "street fighters" or gladiators or whatever. they've made the distinction before but why they would not go back to back defensive in the confines of an alley i don't know. you would think it would give them an advantage to use your spears to poke guys with knives.

Thought the unsullied were supposed to be bad asses. They got chewed up pretty good.

supposed to be good soldiers. lock shield to shield advance on the field etc. not "street fighters" or gladiators or whatever. they've made the distinction before but why they would not go back to back defensive in the confines of an alley i don't know. you would think it would give them an advantage to use your spears to poke guys with knives.

Ambushed and outnumbered in a confined area. Bald dude was a badass, though.
Agree with these responses. You also had two instances of foreshadowing with Daario Naharis. First, he told Dany that the Second Sons should be the ones patrolling the streets as they can blend in and understand the complexities of city life. Then second, Daario told Greyworm that the Unsullied don't know fear and how fearful men think, which further indicated that the Unsullied are great warriors in straight-forward battle but aren't too good in the quasi-political battle occurring in the streets of Mereen.

Last edited:
Sansa and the others know that he betrayed Robb and captured Winterfell then killed many Stark supporters. I wouldn't be so sure she'd welcome him back to her company.
Theon is the only one (other than Sam) that knows the younger brothers Stark weren't really killed, yes?

Tommen obviously looked super weak in front of those Sparrow fighter people. He's probably done some big damage there to his power, which I guess is what Cersei was going for. Wonder if Loras is going to be killed down there or what. What were the crowds yelling about behind Tommen when he was trying to decide?

Tommen obviously looked super weak in front of those Sparrow fighter people. He's probably done some big damage there to his power, which I guess is what Cersei was going for. Wonder if Loras is going to be killed down there or what. What were the crowds yelling about behind Tommen when he was trying to decide?

don't think cersei wanted tomen to look weak. she had no idea what arming religious zealots would actually do. sure she "snitched" on the "open secret" that is loras tyrell being gay and she was happy about that piece of revenge against the tyrell's but she just did not think that the implications could be hard for her. the crowd was yelling bastard and incest and such. remember stannis sent letters all over westeros season 1 or two saying cersei's kids were not robert's.

They were basically calling him out for being a product of incest.

If you're Tommen there the right play is probably to step off but then come back with a bigger force and go HAM.

I think this is one of the downsides to having an older actor play Tommen. If it was an 8-10 year old I could understand why he is acting like a wimp. But the dude is a teenager, has banged Natalie Dormer at least 4 times, and should be raring to go after he was disrespected like that. Dude looks like a straight up punk right now.

Tommen absolutely should have hit the guy in the fucking nads and then had the Kings Guard whoop ass. YOU ARE THE FUCKING KING!

Tommen absolutely should have hit the guy in the fucking nads and then had the Kings Guard whoop ass. YOU ARE THE FUCKING KING!

I kinda feel the Kingsguard would've been overwhelmed in that situation.

another problem is that the kings guard used to be like ser barristen or jamie lannister. now they are douchebags cersei added as a favor rather than being bad asses. they have guys that slap little girls (sansa) around.

The kings guard is still in full armor with swords vs starving untrained sickly people with homemade weapons.

not just sickly starving people. it's crazy people like lancel lanister who was a knight, boned cersei and almost killed in battle. he had the same training as the crappy remaining kings guard. he was not there in that moment but i am pretty sure there are enough trained fighters/knights that consider themselves pious and are joining the <cough-cult-cough> church.

Cersei is cruisin for a brusin. If queen ginger's grams comes back and Jamie is still away, she better WTFO.

Lil king needs to get his bitches in order or he ain't gonna be king for long.

is that masked Harpy group something like an assassin's guild or something? sure are a bunch of em.

don't remember em from the books but only read thru 4 and that was quite a while ago.

Since Cersei sent the Queen's dad to Bravos accompanied by Meryn Trant.... are you guys expecting Arya to personally cross him off her list? It seems too convenient for her to be up all night w/ Meryn as one of the names she says aloud for him to come to her stomping grounds & get out alive.

Back