• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game Plan for Tulane

Yeah, I'm pretty confident in our starting CBs and Glenn. Looks like Wade has transitioned over well, but we'll see.

Agree, but he's never played a snap of college football (outside of practice) at that position.

I think Bates covered up a lot of flaws with our entire DB last year. Hopefully they can be a strength this year, because if they can give our DL about another second or so to penetrate, I think we might be pretty good on that side of the ball. Especially excited about our LBs, and for the first time in years...

So, just to be neighborly and respond to a few things on this thread that seem to be a bit off base:

1) we are in the AAC, not CUSA
2) we don't run the triple option, even though the media like to say we do. For an idea of what we are trying to run, look at Sam Houston State when Fritz was there. Or even last year here.
3)We throw the ball a lot more than most option teams and we also usually snap out of the shotgun.
4) We don't even have (or use) fullbacks.
5) McMillan (the LSU transfer) has no chance of starting this year unless injuries happen, and probably won;t be up on the playbook enough to even be the #2 by week one. We have a starter who is a borderline NFL kind of talent. McMillan was recruited because we didn't have any experienced backup, as well as to compete to start in a year.

Hope those of you making the trip have a good time in New Orleans!

Last edited:
So, just to be neighborly and respond to a few things on this thread that seem to be a bit off base:

2) we don't run the triple option, even though the media like to say we do. For an idea of what we are trying to run, look at Sam Houston State when Fritz was there. Or even last year here.
3)We throw the ball a lot more than most option teams and we also usually snap out of the shotgun.
5) McMillan (the LSU transfer) has no chance of starting this year unless injuries happen, and probably won;t be up on the playbook enough to even be the #2 by week one. We have a starter who is a borderline NFL kind of talent. McMillan was recruited because we didn't have any experienced backup, as well as to compete to start in a year.

Ummm. You might want to watch this. At the 35 second mark, your starting QB apparently thinks his team runs the "triple option". I guess he didn't get your memo. Thanks for playing, though.

I hate this game! For the first time in a long time, it looks like Wake is in a position to have a really good season. What we don't need is close game against Tulane, like we had a couple of years ago. Just hoping that all the hype on the RBs and OL are for real and that we can protect Sam and come out of the game injury free and with a win

Ummm. You might want to watch this. At the 35 second mark, your starting QB apparently thinks his team runs the "triple option". I guess he didn't get your memo. Thanks for playing, though.

The term gets thrown around For lack of a better term to use. My alma mater ran the triple option as does our chief rival. I’ve seen a lot of triple option in my life. Tulane doesn’t run a true triple option, nor much of anything like it

The term gets thrown around For lack of a better term to use. My alma mater ran the triple option as does our chief rival. I’ve seen a lot of triple option in my life. Tulane doesn’t run a true triple option, nor much of anything like it

LMAO. Okay. I'd take your terms up with the team rather than me. They seem to think they do. You obviously don't.

How’s this:prepare for the trip option and see how well it works out for you

LOL. Okay. I'll go get ready for the triple option. This is going to come as news to your team, though.

Glad coredeac isn’t our DC.

Glad coredeac isn’t our DC.

I'm not sure WTH this has to do with me. Waveprof makes a statement his team doesn't run the triple option and his starting QB clearly says they do.
If you don't see that as being contradictory and humorous, I can't help ya.

I mean, it's not a traditional triple option a la GT or Navy out of a doubles or I set, but it's still a triple option. There are 2 reads to be made, giving the QB 3 options on the play: Give, keep, or pitch. Technically it's a hybrid of the read option and the triple option - the blocking scheme and formations are different than the traditional lineup, but the fundamentals are the same.

ITT coredeac realizes that triple option simply means a play that is has 3 designed options to run the ball. Our RPO with the bubble screen to Dortch is basically a triple option.

Sounds like no Scotty Washington on Thursday.

Tulane is going to have to deal with the BEEF BOYS!!!! Should be a good game. Going to be interesting to see how Sam plays.

Coach Fritz was good a GA Southern and I expect Tulane to become good under his watch. Hopefully, not in the first game this year.

Expect Tulane to run, run and run some more.

Clawson spoke very highly of him on tonight's radio show.

Thanks Waveprof. I had the choice between this game and 'Bama at LSU in November. When the heat is survivable. The Deacs will have a good time if the win, our fans can have a good time if the teams loses.

Tulane is going to have to deal with the BEEF BOYS!!!! Should be a good game. Going to be interesting to see how Sam plays.

The beef boys goal should be to make sure that the only reason Hartman's jersey needs to be washed is because he sweats. Or perhaps because he chooses to run.

A life time of being a WF fan has conditioned me to expect the worst. It is deeply ingrained intuition, very difficult to escape.

Sounds like no Scotty Washington on Thursday.

I assume we won’t see him until BC then.

Back