• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

I struck out on the various NC ABC lotteries this year. I'll get lucky one of these years.

Only Dickel product I've really enjoyed is their single barrel and it stacks up pretty well against Jack Daniel's SiB.

My brother is friends with a guy who owns a liquor store and he was able to get me a bottle of E.H. Taylor Barrel Proof for Christmas - just got it today, so will taste tonight. I've had the single barrel before, but not the barrel proof (at least not that I can recall specifically - I think I tried an E.H. Taylor @BearsandDeacs had a few years ago, but that may have been the Tornado). Looking forward to it.

Picked up a bottle of Deringer Bourbon on a drive back from a cruise a while back. Cracked into it tonight. I bought it for the bottle and cap, but it's actually quite tasty and easy drinking.

A slight bite with good flavor and a clean finish. I'll be purchasing some more the next time I can.

Anybody gotten the Booker's Charlie Batch that just came out in the last couple months? See good reviews on Reddit but haven't had any myself

We get our stock in batches in Massachusetts. I'd say every four times I order Eagle Rare or Buffalo Trace we get it, but never in full amounts (so just a handful of bottles each time).

We got our Weller allocation (two bottles of the special and two bottles of the 12) which the owner keeps at such a high price that we don't move a ton of it. But we do get folks who will pay whatever for it so I guess the price is fine

Sent this to Bears last week and forgot to post here, but I was at a restaurant in Toronto last week and they were selling Pappy 20 year for $1,076 per pour. Granted that's CDN, but that's still almost $800 USD. It also didn't specify 1oz or 2oz, but based on the size of what I did get I would guess that it's 1oz. Absolutely bonkers.

Yeah that's nuts. The only spot I know in the greater Boston area that does 1oz/2oz pours of Pappy stuff has the 15 at $50/oz. Obviously not the 20 but I think indicates that the 20 would....not be $800 a pour

In fact the most expensive per ounce pour I see there is Whistlepig's Boss Hog Siren's Song at $120/oz

We get our stock in batches in Massachusetts. I'd say every four times I order Eagle Rare or Buffalo Trace we get it, but never in full amounts (so just a handful of bottles each time).

We got our Weller allocation (two bottles of the special and two bottles of the 12) which the owner keeps at such a high price that we don't move a ton of it. But we do get folks who will pay whatever for it so I guess the price is fine
Just curious, what does the SR and 12 year go for at your store? Crazy what people will pay for BT products these days.

Looking at Winesearcher though, I see multiple stores selling the SR for $150-200 and a couple stores selling the 12 year for $650-700.

If I wasn't totally against flipping, I'd really consider selling the handle of Weller SR I have. It's the older bell shaped bottle.

I may have shared this story before but my wife and I went out to lunch on an off day within the last year to a spot that's right around the corner from my wife's restaurant. She is good friends with the staff there and I noticed that they had the Weller 12 on the back bar. I asked what a pour of that cost and the guy working the bar at lunch (who we didn't know and I'd guess was relatively new/down the pecking order) said "I don't see it in the system but I don't see why I can't just do a $10 pour." We were like...you're absolutely gonna wanna call your manager or boss before doing that lol

I may have shared this story before but my wife and I went out to lunch on an off day within the last year to a spot that's right around the corner from my wife's restaurant. She is good friends with the staff there and I noticed that they had the Weller 12 on the back bar. I asked what a pour of that cost and the guy working the bar at lunch (who we didn't know and I'd guess was relatively new/down the pecking order) said "I don't see it in the system but I don't see why I can't just do a $10 pour." We were like...you're absolutely gonna wanna call your manager or boss before doing that lol
I found 2 bottles of Weller 12 in a shit hole KY gas station about 8 years ago. Wife forced me to buy one of them for $80. I opened after I finished the Bourbon Chase a few years ago in celebration. It was good but wasn't worth the $80. I much prefer OWA.

Lol weller SR sucked even when it was $20 a bottle. Folks are silly

Back