• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GT Game Thread

Wake definitely has a disciplined front 7, so if they're looking to the short stuff and screen passes, I think we SHOULD handle it alright as far as gap discipline goes.

how often does the "on paper" pre-game #analysis on these here boards pan out?

Just based on last year I would expect a close game.

GT was 4-4 in ACC games last year (all 4 wins coming after Collins was fired)
Wins: @Pitt, @UNC, @VT, and Duke
Losses: Clemson (Collins HC), @FSU, Miami, UVA

Wake was 3-5 in ACC games last year
Wins: @FSU, BC, Syracuse
Losses: Clemson, @l'ville, @NCSU, UNC, @Duke

Weirdly GT was 3-1 in road games (incl. at 2 Top 25 opponents), 1-2 Home and 0-1 at Mercedes Benz Stadium (Clemson).
The loss to UVA at home is sort of mind blowing, ended up being the difference between going to a bowl game and not.

We’ve played the dregs of football the first 3 weeks and haven’t looked all that great. I don’t think it’s crazy to say that we need to play the best game of the season to win tomorrow.

We’ve played the dregs of football the first 3 weeks and haven’t looked all that great. I don’t think it’s crazy to say that we need to play the best game of the season to win tomorrow.
GT blew a 28-13 halftime lead vs Louisville and allowed 26 second half points, won a game vs SC State fairly easily and got rolled by a tough Ole Miss team in Oxford. Hard to figure out what they are at this point.

It’s interesting that they have one sack in 3 games.

GT blew a 28-13 halftime lead vs Louisville and allowed 26 second half points, won a game vs SC State fairly easily and got rolled by a tough Ole Miss team in Oxford. Hard to figure out what they are at this point.

well ODU didn't have a sack nor a turnover until last Sat

Think a lot of the early action on GT (and the line has actually inched up, indicating that there is pushback with money coming in on the WF side) is largely based on the fact that GT played better than the final score indicated in its two losses, GT has played the tougher schedule and doubts about Griffis.

Feel like the WF staff and the team regrouped well after the Elon game; think the same will happen tomorrow after the ODU game. WF has played well at home in recent years, and have confidence in Ruggiero to tweak the offense and to get Griffis to speed his progressions. Also, think the OL will play more like the 2nd half against ODU than the first (FWIW, while the ODU win was ugly, they scored two defensive TDs, and as was said going into that game, ODU is better than they are power-rated, Louisiana lost to ODU in week 2, and then the Cajuns blew-out UAB last week); ODU will win some games in the Sun Belt this year (going into the season ODU was considered the worst team in their division of the Sun Belt; they are better than that.

Lean WF, but there are a lot of unknowns about both teams.

The best thing about GT's season may be that they led Louisville 28-13 at halftime. That's not to say that they may not beat us but I'm a believer in Louisville

Keep in mind that it was a 24-17 game with 10 min left in the 4th quarter before GT's defense collapsed.

Back