• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Haas's coach admits negativity on social media and internet affected Haas's decision

I might have given this post serious consideration, but I see that my peers do not think this poster has done enough to earn a solid reputation on this esteemed website. Therefore, I will ignore what this poster says upon the suggestions of my e-friends.

LOL, OK live in your own little world.

If you're posting on a message board to put down people because they post on a message board ... you're dumb.

I think it's likely Wrangor is talking about his own judgment as he would have done in the past in his background as, well you know, a basketball coach.

Oh, thanks for the clarification. I guess the word of a basketball coach is infallible...wait how about Coach [Redacted]?

I don't care what his background is, if would advocate steering recruits away from Wake because of his personal dislike of the coach, that's inexcusable.

Last edited:
Oh, thanks for the clarification. I guess the word of a basketball coach is infallible...wait how about Coach [Redacted]?

I don't care what his background is, if would advocate steering recruits away from Wake because of his personal dislike of the coach, that's inexcusable.

He's not doing that. He said if you look at the entire situation where the coach probably won't even be there he would steer a guy like Haas away. I don't think he's even talking about it specifically being wake. Just any team in our current position.

Yeah, because a guy who actually earned a salary coaching college basketball is the pretender on this thread... :rofl:

I played European hoops and earned a salary...

You fucking midget.

I played European hoops and earned a salary...

You fucking midget.

Then jaybone should be able to come up with a scouting report of you.

He's not doing that. He said if you look at the entire situation where the coach probably won't even be there he would steer a guy like Haas away. I don't think he's even talking about it specifically being wake. Just any team in our current position.

OK, point taken, but there is strong evidence that the negative press by certain vociferous Wake fans was a significant factor in Haas changing his commitment at the last minute. Ironically, these guys are going to be disappointed if [Redacted] gets that extension and we missed out on a prized recruit.

OK, point taken, but there is strong evidence that the negative press by certain vociferous Wake fans was a significant factor in Haas changing his commitment at the last minute. Ironically, these guys are going to be disappointed if [Redacted] gets that extension and we missed out on a prized recruit.

That's not irony.

No I'm not. The kid did what was best for him. And when Shelton Mitchell realizes the mistake he's made and transfers, I'll be happy that he has an opportunity to salvage his college career.

That's the sad unvarnished truth of the last few years. What Ron Wellman and Nathan Hatch did to our players is a travesty of which they, and everyone who enabled this shitshow, should be ashamed.

I don't think it took negative comments on this website or a critical billboard to illuminate the fact we suck at basketball, especially to anyone still paying attention to WFU basketball.

Then jaybone should be able to come up with a scouting report of you.

6'2-195 ... good "ups" for a cracker and solid outside stroke. Needs to learn to play better with others. (Some things don't change, eh?). Tends toward too much 1on 1. Middling defender who needs to stay within the team concept and not attempt to snow-bird every rebound possession.

Last edited:
6'2-195 ... good "ups" for a cracker and solid outside stroke. Needs to learn to play better with others. (Some things don't change, eh?). Tends toward too much 1on 1. Middling defender who needed to stay within the team concept and not attempt to snow-bird every rebound possession.

Good thing you didn't show to the fight. Racer WOULD'VE laid the smackdown, no doubt

There is not strong evidence at all. Both Haas and his high school coach made statements about the negativity component when pressed to do so. Haas said that the negativity is everywhere and didn't really play a role while the coach said in the same interview that it "was part of it" but then went on to say that he wasn't sure "what role it played." To say that there is "strong evidence that the negative press...was a significant factor in Haas changing his commitment" is incorrect given the statements we have from both Haas and his coach. It flies in the face of all facts we have on the Haas issue.

Look, we all know Haas is a strong Christian with high morale values. I am sure the coaches were spewing integrity crap at him. He figured out that the program he commited to was the exact opposite. Nothing else to be said.

Look, we all know Haas is a strong Christian with high morale values. I am sure the coaches were spewing integrity crap at him. He figured out that the program he commited to was the exact opposite. Nothing else to be said.

I don't believe this is the case either. There's no evidence to support this either.

You don't read well. He said if he was the kid's high school coach, he would steer him away from Wake and towards Purdue.

I don't know if this is actually a true comment, but we're all being dead serious when we say Wrangor coached college basketball.

Well, I can't say it was a serious career. It was class B and allowed me a visa to stay for the 2 1/2 years I lived in Bron. Bron is a sattelite community of Lyon. The mayor saw me playing pickup ball one day and asked "who is louis?"

Wound up playing in Region V (Rhone) for the Canal + affiliate. Made peanuts (around 1250 francs a week/ 300 skwags) and all the food and wine I could eat and drink. Accomodations were always good. Had a chance to spend several weeks at a time in multiple wine regions (Beaujolais, etc.)

All in all a truly fantastic time...the young French kids were good to me...I was 6-7 years older than the other kids and they got a kick out of making me talk about the US or sing the National Anthem in the locker. Mature kids. Might have been the military conscription but they were all surprisingly more mature than I and yet they were my juniors. Good people. Good memories.

I'm certain Wrangor's knowledge of hoops is more extensive than my own...if he coached collegiately. But I can still have my opinion about this Deacon team, eh?

Back