• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Haas's coach admits negativity on social media and internet affected Haas's decision

“They are a top basketball program. They’re in the Big Ten and always on TV. (Coach) Matt Painter, almost every big-time center who has played at Purdue has gone to the NBA and I think that’s because of exposure and development.

“I do believe that there I will have my best chance of going to the NBA, which is my dream.’’

sounds like it has much more to do with the state of our program than the state of our fanbase

Last edited:
Buzz running another coach out of the gym? This I've got to see.

It should have been rusty. He should have known. He should have been there and when painter showed up tell him that haas has verballed and get the hell out of the gym.

You have to protect your assets as an assistant coach. I really don't blame buzz as much as I do rusty but this is what happens when you have an experienced staff. Rusty learned an incredibly tough lesson. A lesson that often gets an assistant coach fired. It is unacceptable.

It should have been rusty. He should have known. He should have been there and when painter showed up tell him that haas has verballed and get the hell out of the gym.

You have to protect your assets as an assistant coach. I really don't blame buzz as much as I do rusty but this is what happens when you have an experienced staff. Rusty learned an incredibly tough lesson. A lesson that often gets an assistant coach fired. It is unacceptable.

No worries there as there is no accountability in the program. In fact, the only thing that gets one fired is if there is a Deacon legend on the sidelines that wants your job.

No worries there as there is no accountability in the program. In fact, the only thing that gets one fired is if there is a Deacon legend on the sidelines that wants your job.
Wait, so Rusty's a legend, dv7?

Why? To get out of context quotes from who knows who?

I'd rather them actually go to a game and talk to fans and gauge the mood and see the empty seats for themselves.
It's the age of social media. National journalists are going to go to message boards to get a pulse. This one in particular is overwhelmingly #BzOut. Media members only have access to the boards that are much less strident in that regard. Why not give them the most accurate portrayal possible?

It's the age of social media. National journalists are going to go to message boards to get a pulse. This one in particular is overwhelmingly #BzOut. Media members only have access to the boards that are much less strident in that regard. Why not give them the most accurate portrayal possible?

it's not like they can't sign up. it takes a matter of minutes and if you are bothering to write a story about this fustercluck you will likely take a few extra minutes to sign up. in my limited research this board certainly seems to be the largest group of wake fans on the internet by far. interesting that it is almost exclusively bzz and wellman out and the sunshine board is a ghost town. heck, even the old sunshine board that pushed everyone away is bzzout.

it's not like they can't sign up. it takes a matter of minutes and if you are bothering to write a story about this fustercluck you will likely take a few extra minutes to sign up. in my limited research this board certainly seems to be the largest group of wake fans on the internet by far. interesting that it is almost exclusively bzz and wellman out and the sunshine board is a ghost town. heck, even the old sunshine board that pushed everyone away is bzzout.
I am more dubious than you that theyregister user names just to get info from an article. You're right, though, I'm sure some do and it's easy to do. At any rate, I think it should be public if that's at all feasible, just to help get the word out not only to media members but other curious non-Wake fans around the country.

Plus if we went public, we would all be the ground floor investors for the IPO! We're in the money!

I am more dubious than you that theyregister user names just to get info from an article. You're right, though, I'm sure some do and it's easy to do. At any rate, I think it should be public if that's at all feasible, just to help get the word out not only to media members but other curious non-Wake fans around the country.

Plus if we went public, we would all be the ground floor investors for the IPO! We're in the money!

i have no idea if journalists register or not (hi dan!). just saying they can if they are bothering to write about wake. not like it costs money to do so. despite being "private" this board generates far more traffic than the other (3?) combined. no one is missing information from here that is at all interested in seeing it.

MTOW: "The negativity at Wake Forest, be straight with me Isaac, did that cause you to waiver in your commitment to Wake Forest -- the negativity of the fan base?''

IH: "Not really. I think it was more just my own person concerns. That's always going to be there. No matter what collegeI go to,there's going to be negativity, no matter what

Yeah, he backed off after seeing the firestorm it was causing.

What kind of firestorm would Haas be expecting to see? Just curious. Wake Forest graduates 1000 people a year, and might have 300 graduates TOTAL in the state of Alabama. Were the crazy, angry Wake fans going to storm into his hometown and scare his family? Haas has no reason to lie, and I don't think he is lying. He saw the writing on the wall with Bzz and decided not to commit to a coach that is probably going to be fired. The Bzout movement is certainly a part of the advertising, but there is no firestorm coming at Haas. Just the reality that Bz is not going to be our coach for much longer.

Heck, part of this board is congratulating him on making a wise decision. I would have probably given him the same advice if I were his HS coach and told him to commit to Purdue. Too much uncertainty surrounding our program.

Would also like to say that I was just able to turn kville from grey to red with my neg rep. Props to me....

What kind of firestorm would Haas be expecting to see? Just curious. Wake Forest graduates 1000 people a year, and might have 300 graduates TOTAL in the state of Alabama. Were the crazy, angry Wake fans going to storm into his hometown and scare his family? Haas has no reason to lie, and I don't think he is lying. He saw the writing on the wall with Bzz and decided not to commit to a coach that is probably going to be fired. The Bzout movement is certainly a part of the advertising, but there is no firestorm coming at Haas. Just the reality that Bz is not going to be our coach for much longer.

Heck, part of this board is congratulating him on making a wise decision. I would have probably given him the same advice if I were his HS coach and told him to commit to Purdue. Too much uncertainty surrounding our program.

Would also like to say that I was just able to turn kville from grey to red with my neg rep. Props to me....

Well, it's all relative isn't? After all we are LOWF aren't we?

This quote says it all: "I would have probably given him the same advice if I were his HS coach and told him to commit to Purdue".
You would rather see Wake lose to justify your hatred of [Redacted].

PS Like I really care about the silly negative rating stuff, but go ahead pat yourself on the back if it makes you feel good little man.

This quote says it all: "I would have probably given him the same advice if I were his HS coach and told him to commit to Purdue".

PS Like I really care about the silly negative rating stuff, but go ahead pat yourself on the back if it makes you feel good little man.

I might have given this post serious consideration, but I see that my peers do not think this poster has done enough to earn a solid reputation on this esteemed website. Therefore, I will ignore what this poster says upon the suggestions of my e-friends.

I think it's likely Wrangor is talking about his own judgment as he would have done in the past in his background as, well you know, a basketball coach.

No kidding...talk about "pudding overload"! These boys pants runneth over...

How many losses until we don't have to endure Lecro posts about basketball? The football stuff is easy enough to ignore.

Back