• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HB2 Strikes Again

Anything that doesn't fall in line with the left POV automatically results in name calling and accusations against the person who offers that opinion. Tolerance at its finest.
Last I checked we weren't trying to deny business to assholes simply for being assholes, so you are being "tolerated" just fine. The right to hold anti-LGBTQ views has never been infringed, we just draw the line when it comes to denying them non-religious service.

Have any HB2 advocates ever seen a trans woman using the men's bathroom?

If so, did you thank her for obeying the law?

If not, why do you think the law is working if you've never seen it in action?

That's a favorite straw man of regressives. Essentially boils down to "where's your tolerance for my intolerance?" Which I've actually heard spoken before in what I don't think was a joking manner. There is a fundamental difference in tolerating people's expression of themselves in ways that don't harm others, and tolerating discrimination against those forms of expression. Thinking people should do more of the former doesn't mean you're a hypocrite if you don't do the latter.

See James Dolan vs. the Rockettes.

Have any HB2 advocates ever seen a trans woman using the men's bathroom?

If so, did you thank her for obeying the law?

If not, why do you think the law is working if you've never seen it in action?

cuz look at how upset em ar libruls are, jethro ! I seen how mad em city folk are on channel 12 t'other night !

Why won't you tolerate those that tolerate a program that allowed a child rapist to continue to rape. That's tolerance for tolerance!

Last I checked we weren't trying to deny business to assholes simply for being assholes, so you are being "tolerated" just fine. The right to hold anti-LGBTQ views has never been infringed, we just draw the line when it comes to denying them non-religious service.

Business owners have the right to kick out assholes or fire assholes

I fail to see any arguments for HB2 that aren't couched in discrimination. I could see some merit in the argument about it being a response to the CLT ordinance, but they repealed that last session and the GA didn't keep their word on repeal of HB2. It's not like the same leadership didn't push Amendment 1 too. Not a ton of moral high ground in Raleigh on this issue.
You apparently have a very narrow viewpoint then. It's like you want to believe the motive is discrimination so it's all couched in discrimination. Most people just view it as a oddity...it's not some sort of religious issue like gay marriage.

Can you tell me what someone isn't getting that someone else gets to do? I don't see it. If the bathrooms/lockerooms are essentially the same as even argued by people who hate the bill (the why does it matter argument), then everyone is using the same facilities. No one is being denied a thing of substance. The black bathroom issue, often used as an analogy, doesn't really fly because back then it was outhouse/none vs modern facilities with running water, etc. Gay marriage was spousal rights, benefits, court rights, etc. Here?

You apparently have a very narrow viewpoint then. It's like you want to believe the motive is discrimination so it's all couched in discrimination. Most people just view it as a oddity...it's not some sort of religious issue like gay marriage.

Can you tell me what someone isn't getting that someone else gets to do? I don't see it. If the bathrooms/lockerooms are essentially the same as even argued by people who hate the bill (the why does it matter argument), then everyone is using the same facilities. No one is being denied a thing of substance. The black bathroom issue, often used as an analogy, doesn't really fly because back then it was outhouse/none vs modern facilities with running water, etc. Gay marriage was spousal rights, benefits, court rights, etc. Here?

Are you really suggesting that segregated bathrooms would have been fine had facilities been equal?

What does HB2 honestly accomplish? It seems to signal an "otherness" about trans folks. It, most importantly to its crafters, rallies the fears of their base to support politicians who are "protecting their wives and 'female' children". Other than that, what does it accomplish?

Come on rj. What about that employer's right to not have to work with one of those gays? Don't want them turning the other employees gay. Then they'll miss work because they are too busy do gay things to go to work. It would be chaos.

And don't get me started about restaurants. I don't want to eat near them because I'll catch they gay with them in such close confines.

This can be corrected via shock therapy.

Can't tell if serious

Business owners have the right to kick out assholes or fire assholes

Not assholes, people who are doing their jobs and are fired just for being gay, not for performance.

Or do you believe that all gay people are assholes?

I am just as against Sharia law as I am against Evangelical law. So far, only one is actually being codified in the US.

Back