• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Here we go (BUZZ's RETURN CONFIRMED BY AD)...

He is gutting our fanbase for an entire generation. Current students will leave Wake having no emotional attachment to hoops. Young kids who are in their impressionable years will grow up not liking Wake hoops, and will likely view it as punishment if their parents force them to attend or watch games.
This is it. Our next wave of big time donors will be crippled.

I don't think this is the case at all. I just think they don't care about the winning all that much. The ACC money is going to keep rolling in and all Hatch and the BOT care about is the school. That, to me, is obvious. Just go get a guy who is so vanilla he couldn't possibly get us in trouble and nobody cares about the W's and L's.

The lunatic fringe is running Wake Forest. They are also ruining it while showing zero accountability to the fans and alums. It's also disappointing that the media is so indifferent and many media outlets (ESPN) won't give this story the attention it deserves.

So UCLA and Minnesota made moves. Wake Forest did not. Nothing to see here now.

From Katz as well. "Nothing new to see here". The media knows it. Ron is trying to screw all of us over.

You'd think Hatch as a Notre Dame guy would understand that.

Heck, isn't that one of the strengths we were sold when he was hired? He understood how sports success fit the academic mission of the university?

I don't know how we can model the university after ND and Duke and sell out sports.

This is it. Our next wave of big time donors will be crippled.

There will always be some millionaires thirsty for public status and validation. What will be crippled is the hundreds of middle and lower tier donors and season ticket buyers.

There will always be some millionaires thirsty for public status and validation. What will be crippled is the hundreds of middle and lower tier donors.

I've been trying to figure out the best way to say this. You nailed it.

The lunatic fringe is running Wake Forest. They are also ruining it while showing zero accountability to the fans and alums. It's also disappointing that the media is so indifferent and many media outlets (ESPN) won't give this story the attention it deserves.

The worst part, to me, is the obvious disdain that they have for the fans. Ron Wellman has actively worked in an effort to distance the fans as much as possible all season. There is this tone of "if you're not on board with what we're doing, then we don't need you."

Our next wave of big time donors will be non-existent.

So how are you going to explain the lack of athletic contributions in your review, Ron? What's that? You don't get annual reviews. That explains a lot.

I think that's exactly the issue. Ron is old as shit, he's not going to be around to have to clean up this mess. He could fucking care less. He's leaving it for the next guy.

I got through this season by convincing myself that even though we would be terrible again, there was no way we would have to endure another year of Jeff [Redacted].

I was wrong, and I won't make the same mistake when next season comes around.

fuck this shit, i'm out on basketball. i'll still be at groves in the fall because it's more of a family event. if you think i'm missing out on quality time with the youngins to watch us struggle against VT on a tuesday night, you'd be mistaken.

I haven't been to a single Bzz-coached game yet. Maybe I'll take the kids up for a Saturday afternoon game next season and pick up some lower level tickets outside for $5 apiece.

I got through this season by convincing myself that even though we would be terrible again, there was no way we would have to endure another year of Jeff [Redacted].

I just don't understand how so many of you were able to convince yourselves of this.

I've been trying to figure out the best way to say this. You nailed it.

So people who make generous contributions to their alma mater are all self-serving and don't care about making a positive difference for the next generation of Wake students? Sounds like some naive class-warfare logic to me.

Heck, now I honestly don't think the season mattered one bit. We could've only won 8 games total and no ACC wins and I still think Ron would've brought Bzzz back.

Dude. It is the NCAA tournament time. The Tubby and Howland firings were barely news. The Marshall Henderson double finger was bigger news.

PH - not sure what "academic-types" have to do with "winning everywhere." But you sound like Charlie Sheen sans the drugs and whores. Maybe you should take your tired act somewhere else. You wouldn't be missed.

No wait, that's not how to do it. I need to edit that to say, WE wouldn't miss you as I comfortably speak for the collective whole here.

So people who make generous contributions to their alma mater are all self-serving and don't care about making a positive difference for the next generation of Wake students? Sounds like some naive class-warfare logic to me.

Who said that?

Back