• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How long a tenure should Steve Forbes be given to make the NCAAs?

How long should Steve Forbes have to make the NCAA tournamnet before a coaching change?

• Total voters
We were a 4 seed the Cleveland St year. But yes, point stands.

Also, in thinking about it more, trying to say that Manning and Forbes inherited similar situations is ridiculous.

Manning inherited Codi Miller McIntyre and Devin Thomas as his best players, both of which were certainly ACC quality starters. Forbes inherited Mucius and Massoud as the best returning players, neither of which were ACC level starters if we are being honest.
If CMM and DT started for an ACC team, that team would suck.

wgaf if manning made the tourney in year 3 when every other year was a disaster.
John Collins made the nccat. He was a bad, bad man. Led ACC in scoring and rebounding despite playing for a moron.

I know at least one person at Wake who was not a Wellman plant who had direct involvement with Dino who did not like him and states that he was not well-liked amongst a good number of Wake campus professionals. Not a rumor.
Yep.

I know at least one person at Wake who was not a Wellman plant who had direct involvement with Dino who did not like him and states that he was not well-liked amongst a good number of Wake campus professionals. Not a rumor.
Who cares? I bet most people at Duke also hated K. That shouldn’t be a reason to fire a winning coach. A ton of coaches are asshats.

Who cares? I bet most people at Duke also hated K. That shouldn’t be a reason to fire a winning coach. A ton of coaches are asshats.
yea our experience with guys like GDO, Skip, and Forbes are definitely outliers

most coaches are more like Dino, Danny, and [Redacted]

Okay, time and y'all have softened my outrage over losing at home to B.C.

I'm willing to go for another year.

You were all in on firing Dino?
I was definitely all in on firing Odom. I knew Dino and his daughter and was close enough to players at that point that I thought the narrative about Dino being some unethical thug was absurd. That said, I was all in on getting some unbelievable coach who was going to take our recruits and be a great in game coach. All that said, point was that we were awfully damn picky back then v. Now. A lot has changed.

Last edited:
Odom got Rogers, Childress, got lucky with Duncan, LaRue, Rutland was on the verge of becoming a star, Howard and Songaila.

Skip got CP3, Gray, Big E, Downey, Aminu, and I assume helped recruit James Johnson and Teague. AT&T was supposed to be real good.

Skip also said you need players to win or something like that, NBA players to win the ACC.

Those 2 recruited. Period.

We need players.

Yeah I thought being a 2 would’ve stuck in my memory more.
Yeah it would provide a bit more memory burn like 05 when we lost in second round as a 2. Also in 03 when we lost in second round as a 2.

Portal/Ituka/Parker
Hildreth/Clark/Parker F
Monsanto/Klintman/MMM
Carr/Klintman/MMM
Marsh/Kellar

I left off Taylor, McCray and Bradford because those 3 seem to be potential transfers based solely on playing time and redshirting.** I do not want anyone to transfer and I feel like all 3 of those guys can develop into solid ACC players**

If they do transfer, it leaves us with 3 scholarships for the portal whisperer to use. If we can snag another Appleby/Alondes type guy, a combo guard and a stretch 5 who can play defense, we will be a top-25 team next year. A lot of ifs. But it's fun to dream. Again, I'm not wishing anyone to transfer, only speculation based on playing time this season.

I think Kellar comes back because he's a Forbes recruit and is a rising So.

It sucks even speculating about anyone transferring because they all seem like super good dudes who enjoy being at Wake

We haven't seen yet what Forbes can do with a lot of returning players, so that's something to consider.

Back