• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hunter Sallis

If Sallis can market himself as a PG with length and size rather than a SG, that would help his draft stock. It would be unreal if he could come back to play PG and we somehow get another transfer wing and big so Boopie, PFred, Monsanto, and Carr or Reid can come off the bench.
Just think if he could convince NBA GMs that he’s also Greek.

I love watching Hunter but I think he is only okay at getting to and finishing at the rim. His long range and mid range shooting and ability to get to his spot and get a shot off are elite, but in terms of finishing at the rim he’s not there yet

Sophomore Teague was a menace from pretty much anywhere on the floor

Love this. Dude was a capable but not elite 3PT shooter. But my goodness did he play far above his size when it came to getting to the rim.

Edit: I definitely think you can see some similarities between Teague and Sallis too. Three level scorers. Crazy athletes. Adequate ball handlers who weren’t necessarily point guards but could create.

Sallis doesn’t have the killer instinct…yet. But boy has his aggressiveness grown over the last two months.

I mean if Sallis rips off a conference tournament run you might have to start comparing him to Chill. There’s a lot of ball left.

I’m a huge Sallis fan. But Childress built his legend starting his freshman year. And continued to build it over the next 4 years. We retired his jersey before the 1995 ACC Tournament.
Sallis can begin to compare if he leads us to the ACC tournament championship and the Final 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll fall in line if Sallis beats Randolph’s scoring record at the tournament and wins it.
Crazy that Hunter could replay his Duke game three times, win the tournament, and still be 20 points short of that record.

Better comparison is junior year Josh Howard. Senior year Josh Howard did anything and everything the team needed done on offense or defense. He was a dominant scorer and always defended the other team's best wing. He was a lock-down defender which Sallis is not. Very few Wake players have had the sort of year that Josh had as a senior.
Junior year Josh playing hurt was still a better defender than Sallis. Offensively, the comparison is closer. Sallis might be better.

This is from my memory; I have not (and will not) looked up any stats to confirm.

Better comparison is junior year Josh Howard. Senior year Josh Howard did anything and everything the team needed done on offense or defense. He was a dominant scorer and always defended the other team's best wing. He was a lock-down defender which Sallis is not. Very few Wake players have had the sort of year that Josh had as a senior.
Junior year Josh playing hurt was still a better defender than Sallis. Offensively, the comparison is closer. Sallis might be better.

This is from my memory; I have not (and will not) looked up any stats to confirm.
Fair. Howard was the first unanimous POTY since David Thompson.

Didn’t say he was, but it created unneeded controversy and distraction, imho.

if only more people created unneeded controversy and distraction, then we probably could have avoided thousands of dead US soldiers and millions of civilian casualties in Iraq and Afghanistan

when i was a kid growing up in winston, those comments were really important in helping me develop a critical consciousness, too

Yeah, my memory is a little fuzzy. Hard to believe that was 2 decades ago. But damn, both are just silky smooth ballers.

Back