• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hypothetical - Wellman retains Bzzz. What then?

maybe at least one of our 40,000 living alumni have some mafia connections. IF this were to happen, Jimmy Hoffa might have come company in the endzone under Giants stadium.
I kid, of course, but such a move would be intolerable. Hopefully Dr. Hatch would have a say in the matter. I have to assume he has received much "input" over the past two years from the donor base.

maybe at least one of our 40,000 living alumni have some mafia connections. IF this were to happen, Jimmy Hoffa might have come company in the endzone under Giants stadium.
I kid, of course, but such a move would be intolerable. Hopefully Dr. Hatch would have a say in the matter. I have to assume he has received much "input" over the past two years from the donor base.

If Hatch was anything more than an empty suit, Wellman would have been reined in a long time ago.

What makes your second paragraph acceptable now? You realize that's been done and was met with a ton of flack from BuzzIn.
I'll ask again. Can you list the national analysts/writers you've communicated with?

i was catchering up on some threads today and I noticed an alarming amount of "what if bz comes back" threads from board NEIGH SAYERS.... while I think and hope that this situation has resolved itself at this point, we are after all dealing with the man ronald Wellman,, and so it is a somewhat understandable thought. This thread in particular caught mine eye,, because i want you all to listen to me say that we are prepared for even this dismal a scenario!

Indeed, this would be a truly nightmare ish scenario!! while my bros and I have been in the background for some time now, much of this is because the situation has reached an impass,, the LOSER HAS LOST and continues to lose!!

that Being said we do have some ideas for what will happen if that CLOWN [Redacted] is retainered.. I know that many of you have lost confidence in us Stratts after prior protests,, and i also know that not all of that is undeserved because sometimes we can be real Knuckleheads LOL. but you all need to listen to what i am here to tell you and what i am here to tell YOU AGAIN is we are prepared for the unthinkable!! Assuming again that the unthinkable is that the jeff [Redacted] is brought back

now,, you com-radicals have some great ideas here and i do not see a reason why we can not use them.. That being said,, i would like to offer up some noted observatories on your ideas

1.) i do not kno why so many people are referencing fire and burning but that is a Terrible ideas,, because most things that you are suggesting that we do with fire is illegal, like arson and burning people or yourselfs, that is Illegal... be very careful with fire it is dangerous!! (IMPORTANT)

2.) I do like the idea of the blimp sort of but do you guys think that might be a Little too close to the billed board and/or plane banner??? i feel like maybe it is time we move our protest away from text based stuff, and into a different more attention grabbing media

which brings me to number 3.) the MONEY idea was the Idea that someone had for a local commercial... but I would preech caution in this department as well!! we need to be careful with commercials because saboteurs can make it all come crashing down.... ive never told you guys this before, but one of our very first ideas for the jerk kevin Kelly was a commercial. me and brian were watching Living with Fran on the wb, like we did every friday,, and a commercial for hoyas tickets came on. It was the episode where riley's parents come and meet Fran but they have trouble accepting her because she is as old as they are, and ben is about riley's age too,, and laughing ensue because fran's voice LOL... but when this commercial came on, we were NOT laughing,, and i looked at brian and i said "no they will not ruin this for us, they need to PAY."

we decided that the most Effective idea would be to get a commercial of our own on the aired waves. The idea was that this would affectation real change. brian told me that he wanted theodore j leonsis,, on the georgetown board of directors at the time, to go home to his son and order some chinese foods,, they could get some of the General tso's chicken, or some egged rolls. and the two, the father and the son....they would set up this chinese feast on their solid mahogany television trays and set them down on their maple parquet floors,, allowancing them to take a leisurely seat in their living room bench where they could enjoy the night's television programming. And of course on 9:30 "living with fran" would come on and the dad would say "okay tike time for bed",, but the son would let out an exasperated "DAD!" and mister leonsis would say "okay one more show" and they would stay up and watch the nutty antics of this wacky family. but THEN 9:42 would come around and the second commercial break would start,, as it always must!-- and our commercial would air. in Brian's words, it would show us farting on a computer generated image that was just reminiscing enough of the butt Kevin kelly without drawering the attention of lawsuits. and then at the end of the commercial brian says he would point directly into the camera and say "i am talking to YOU, child of georgetown board of director person",, and the young junior leonsis would turn to his father on the all-oak bench and say "father why is he talking to me?" and mister leonsis would turn to his son, eyes diverting for but a moment from the solid walnut television entertainment stand,, and have to look his own son in the eye and tell him that it was because he did not fire the jerk football coach kevin Kelly.

i agreed with Brian that THAT is how you effect chainge, SO we went to work and we called WDCW and asked them "we need to have a commercial on friday night in the 930 to 1000 block during living with fran" and they said okay sure but now we had to decide what would be in the commercial.... it was at this pointer that we said okay let us get some hoyas fans to brained storm content. and a very nice JERK named william said he had a celebritie endorser and that we should answer our Telephones at 10:00AM the very next morning. We answered our phones and too our surprise it was paul Tagliabue, FOR REAL. he said "look kid i want to meet and i will be in your commercial,, kevin Kelly is a butt," but we were worried and brian told him that we would have to meet at his house because we had but a humble mutual dwelling.... he agreed and we went over mr tagliabue's house

mister paul tagliabue, he was very nice and told us some funny stories and we took some Photos with him,, except he got upset because brian wouldn't stop calling him "mister commissioner" and also one time "commisteroner" but then i kicked brian under the table and he stopped. and mister paul says "okay lets film this" so we do a bit and he talks about how kevin Kelly is a butt on the camera and we all agree that it is very good... i tell him that he should tell a joke about poop,, and he told one about kevin kelly STEPPING in poop which was just what i think people call in prov but it was very funny whether it was in prov or not. mister paul also related kevin kelly to spinach at one point which was confuciusing at the time but Later lead to our t-shirt idea coming to fruitation....ANYWAY we did the commercial together and we sent the tape into the wb and they said "okay this will air during the next living with fran"

Well in the next couple of days we made sure to tell all of our hoya friends that this great and funny LOL commercial would be airing the next friday, february 10 2006,, we really did a number to get the word out. friday comes though and LOW and BEHOLD there is no living with fran!! everybody calls us at 10PM and says "hey stratton brothers what is this crap", and we didnt know so we call the wb and they say "HEY DUMMIES, there's no living with fran this week, itll be back in TWO WEEKS" and we pass that message along and everybody calls us knuckleheads and we wait for two weeks

SO the day february 24 finally comes and we are very excited because Living with Fran is our favorite show and also because our commercial was going to air. the show did not disappoint,, it was the one where josh tutors his sisters friend and she likes josh but he doesnt realize it LOL,, and also there was drama because fran flirts with rileys boss and he gets mad. THAT'S what we loved about this show, it was very Good at pairing the big laughers with some serious moments and also there had hearts....but the commercial was much more disappointing than lwf (that is an abbreviating for """Living with Fran", so from now on when I want to say living with FRAN, i'll just probably type LVF!!), because we did not think to check whether or not mister paul was SABOTEURING us. It turns out that that jerkclown william was working for the JERK kevin kelly, and mister paul is the chair of the hoyas board of directors!!

mister tagliabue turned our commercial into thirty seconds of praise for the football coach kevin kelly,, and all of our hoyas friends yelled at us for a while before channeling a new and exciting hatred towards the traitor mister paul....we learned a lesson from this whole ordeal tho, the first of which is to KNOW YOUR PROGRAM'S board of directors!! this is why you maybe have seen us maybe sending out some possible lists of trustee names,, because like you should always say about things "keep your enemies close".

Last edited:
Dearest mr third van patten - I mean Stratton - I so believe the arson comments as wee as the Hindenburg reference were bot LITERAL suggestions. By that I mean they were jokes, gaffows, gallows humor if you will. I do not quite understand why you maple fridge types don't get irony or jokes or asides

I skimmed your piece above and my takeaway was that something happen in February on tv about 8 years ago and mt commissioner paul tagliabu got a kick out of it

In the final analysis ALWAYS REMEMBER it all comes down to the $$$!

This hypothetical better involve torches and pitchforks.

Let's make the most reasonable assumption, namely that we lose out. If we pull a win out of our asses it won't change the numbers much.

If we do lose out, our record under Jeffy-Poo will be as follows: Overall: 49-77 (.388) (hey, we won almost 40% of our games!); ACC 16-52 (.235) (and almost a quarter of our ACC games!); Feb/Mar: 6-36 (.142) (and one out every seven games in February and March!).

There is no conceivable way a coach with that record is retained.

When I have the time, I am going to go through and toss out all the games versus opponents ranked 200 and below on Kenpom and see what our record was. I am pretty sure it is going to be horrific.

This is the Quad if Bz is retained

subUKRAINE-blog480.jpg

Andy Katz
Woody Paige
OK..so one person writing to 2 people (3 weeks after I asked). That's not exactly what I would call an effort to hit up the national writers.

OK..so one person writing to 2 people (3 weeks after I asked). That's not exactly what I would call an effort to hit up the national writers.

Actually, we were emailing back and forth during the ACCT/Greensboro add event. Woody said he could have told Wake Bzz was worthless (my word) and Andy was following the progression.

In the end my feeling is that, Wake sucking in hoops is not a big enough story to carry the national media for long.

If we wanted to get their attention, there is really a one week window which is next week. Once the NCAAT field is set they won't give a crap until April.

ETA: I did email others these were the only two to respond.

Last edited:
From The Third van Patten to me via rep:

you little PUNK, you think i do not understand jokes??? I was mearly relaying that fire is dangerous.

------------------------------

Thank you dear Third van Patten for reminding us that fire is dangerous. I had forgotten. As an aside, bears are also dangerous, so we should not hire a bear to wear a fire [Redacted] placard because again, bears ARE dangerous.

What freaks me out is rich dim people. Just totally freaks me out.

edited to add "van" to Van Patten.

Last edited:
No matter what happens i just hope the boys on our team a're treated with respect. They deserve some consideration in this process.

Getting [Redacted] away from them would be the first part of treating them with respect.

Back