• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jim Grobe to Army?

Dave Glenn has promised an in depth interview with Grobe at around 1pm today on his show. Glenn said about 5 times "Grobe was not forced out."

An on-campus football stadium would be great for the students, but I for one like to have a place to park my car, so I like where we currently are.

An on-campus football stadium would be great for the students, but I for one like to have a place to park my car, so I like where we currently are.

The location of our football stadium is great, much better than most schools.

Geez. Grobe is soooooooooooooooo LOWF.

So strange. With the heights to which he lead us, he is literally the one human on this planet least likely to be LOWF. And yet he seems to be one of the philospohy's standard bearers.

Grobe is the epitome of LOWF. I really hate that he is doing these interviews and saying these things, its really going to taint his legacy with a lot of people.

Paraphrase but "Over the last few years Wake Forest became a place where you were expected to win and....I want to help new coach Dave Clawson out here....I don't know if that will ever be Wake Forest. It's certainly a place where you can win but it's hard."

He also interestingly said that a new voice was needed at the head coaching position to achieve some of the changes to facilities and within the athletic department as a whole that are necessary

I found it interesting that Clawson hasn't reached out to Grobe in any capacity. Probably doesn't want to get close to the LOWF syndrome.

I found it interesting that Clawson hasn't reached out to Grobe in any capacity. Probably doesn't want to get close to the LOWF syndrome.

Did Grobe say that? Clawson made it clear during the presser that he wanted to. But I can imagine that is low on the priority list given how many things he's trying to accomplish right now. Not to mention moving your entire family to W-S.

Paraphrase but "Over the last few years Wake Forest became a place where you were expected to win and....I want to help new coach Dave Clawson out here....I don't know if that will ever be Wake Forest. It's certainly a place where you can win but it's hard."

He also interestingly said that a new voice was needed at the head coaching position to achieve some of the changes to facilities and within the athletic department as a whole that are necessary

I almost take that to mean that he's been asking for things that are needed to be able to compete and it's fallen on deaf ears, maybe the admin will listen to somebody else that's been other places and had other experiences.

Honestly, is Wake Forest ever going to be a place where you can roll your team out there year in and year out and win at least 8 games every year, no it isn't. However, how can a coach not be expected to win even at Wake? As far as I'm concerned if the attitude is not to win, why even have a program?

Did Grobe say that? Clawson made it clear during the presser that he wanted to. But I can imagine that is low on the priority list given how many things he's trying to accomplish right now. Not to mention moving your entire family to W-S.

It didn't really sound like Grobe was that interested in doing that, not saying he'd say know, but it sounds like he just wants to stay out of the way and move on.

I almost take that to mean that he's been asking for things that are needed to be able to compete and it's fallen on deaf ears, maybe the admin will listen to somebody else that's been other places and had other experiences.

Honestly, is Wake Forest ever going to be a place where you can roll your team out there year in and year out and win at least 8 games every year, no it isn't. However, how can a coach not be expected to win even at Wake? As far as I'm concerned if the attitude is not to win, why even have a program?

Took it 100% the same way. A definite implication that the support from the athletic department wasn't up to par at the end.

Did not hear it but read Glenn's quotes from Twitter.

And yep, Grobe is becoming an excuse making loser. Couldn't be happier that he's gone.

Last edited:
Grobe is the epitome of LOWF. I really hate that he is doing these interviews and saying these things, its really going to taint his legacy with a lot of people.

Gentleman Jim was an institution-changer for us, and we'll always be grateful. But he had an ACC championship in his back pocket, proving that it can be done, and a gargantuan salary, thanking him for having done it and demonstrating that he could remain here and be competitively compensated. Count me among those who are dismayed to see him aboard the excuse train.

I have many reasons for hoping that Clawson jumps out to a quick start with JG's players.

Did hear it but read Glenn's quotes from Twitter.

And yep, Grobe is becoming an excuse making loser. Couldn't be happier that he's gone.

I mean if the admin was putting pressure on him to win 9 or 10 games a year, yeah I could see him getting tired of it, but we know that's not the case. We haven't had a winning season since 2008 for goodness sake.

Back