• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Liberty @ WF - Saturday 9/17 5 pm - ACCN

I certainly don’t think we should pull Sam going forward, but I was worried that maybe we should at some point in this game. As we’ve learned, when Sam loses his mojo and starts forcing things, he can really lose it. I’m glad we avoided that, but I don’t think Cam was crazy to put that out there. And I agree Sam is phenomenal. But when he goes off track, he can really go off track.
cough Wisconsin cough

I like his passion for our Defense (I assume he is tight with those guys) but Cam has terrible takes on our Offense

Sam is the best QB we have ever had

Sam is the QB of the best offense we have ever had. I don’t think we can confidently say much more than that.

Hartman wasn’t sharp but still completed 60% of his passes, for 325 yards and 3 tds. If healthy, leave him out there no matter what. He has earned that in my opinion.

We have to figure out short yardage - how to get 4 yards running and 7 yards throwing - move the chains type plays - if we are going to take the next leap as a program. Part of that is O Line, part of it is scheme (shotgun snaps all the damn time) and part of it is play calling.

Win is a win is a win. Wake loses that game for the majority of my WFU fandom. We’ve at least taken that leap.

AT stepped out of bounds and was the first to touch the ball when he came back in bounds.

I thought that meant ineligible receiver and a flag and not an incomplete pass.

I certainly don’t think we should pull Sam going forward, but I was worried that maybe we should at some point in this game. As we’ve learned, when Sam loses his mojo and starts forcing things, he can really lose it. I’m glad we avoided that, but I don’t think Cam was crazy to put that out there. And I agree Sam is phenomenal. But when he goes off track, he can really go off track.

He wasn’t crazy for putting out there that Sam is the worst QB we’ve had in decades? That opinion is the very embodiment of crazy.

Yea he definitely turned it around. His instincts just seem off.
Agree. This wasn't the same Sam.

But our OLine mesh was getting blowed up, foreshadowing what Clemson is likely to do to us.

I don't love the more frequent shotgun snaps, but best to figure this shit out in practice this week.

Just finished watching the game. Getting the score alert when I knew it was 23-23 may have spared me a heart attack.

That’s the most impotent rushing performance I remember from a Wake team. I’m sure there have been some worse ones although it’s hard to beat the RBs getting 15 carries for 13 yards.

The Liberty DLs backed up their smack talk. They completely stuffed the RPO. It was embarrassing to watch. They forced Hartman to make plays on his own and he struggled. It looked like Hartman strained to get the ball out. No idea if he’s hurt but he through some poor balls. Anything less from the WRs and this is a horrible loss.

We absolutely have to do better in the run game. MUCH better. Doesn't help your QB when the defense knows you can only pass.
Sam was off tonight but did what was required to win.

He has better days ahead this season as does most of this team.

I watched a little Kentucky short yardage today 3 yards from the goal line.

1st down I formation QB is under center for the snap, give it to RB for 1 yard.

2nd down from the 2, I formation, QB under center, give it to RB for a 1 yard gain.

3rd down from the 1 yard line, QB under center, QB sneak. Easy touchdown plunge.

Ok, it was Youngstown St., but I liked it.

OLine was garbage, so was Sam, gotta expect a bounce back against Clemson

I guess it’s good to get a wake up call but I’d much rather cruise to victory rather than stack up injuries in a close one
Sam had some poor decisions but he was pressured often and there were a few drops that were absolute momentum killers.

I don't know that we have a power run formation. For a team with such an experienced OL I would think an I or Jumbo package would work, but we don't ever use it.

The goal line HB offset or cut back is total garbage and ineffective against Liberty, let alone ACC comp

Speaking of momentum killers, the lead Umpire missed 2 blatant holding calls on 3rd down against Liberty in the first quarter.

Any little help like calling those accurately early, as they were blatant, maybe gives us a bigger lead at half time. Maybe.

Was a nail biter of a game to watch/attend. Liberty played well enough to win. We made just enough plays to barely win. Liberty clearly had the better-balanced offense tonight and won in the trenches on both sides. We won’t win if we can’t run the ball better, obviously.

So glad to get this win, regardless.

F Liberty U.

Back