• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Marcus Smart shoves fan

that would be the lamest filing of assault since the Real World where the girl from the house pushed a random guy at a bar and he sued her.

Orr must watch Sanford & Son.

Who in the hell says that in 2014?

If you watch the video, the blonde lady wearing glasses (after she finishes pointing) turns around and says to the people around them "he didn't say anything that bad!"

Smart was wrong. Orr was wrong. And I am glad JJ Redick never climbed up a few rows in the stands and kicked my ass for the stuff I yelled at him, because he would have been justified.

JJ would have done worse...he would have sat you down and read you poems he wrote.

I couldn't get the whole sequence into the GIF, but he makes some hand gesture before sticking out his tongue. It looked like he was calling for an offensive foul.

Maybe I'm reading into it, but that also resembles an internationally-known gesture for "fuck you."

But we should trust that he didn't say anything racist because racism is over and a video with half its audio track missing.

I think more was said...just doesn't seem likely that Smart would go that crazy over being called a piece of crap.

Of course, they did ask all the TT fans sitting in the area and they said they didn't hear anything racist.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Orr was screaming insults throughout the game. Certainly fits his MO.

I think we can all agree that Jeff Orr is the piece of crap.

Yep. So it looks like he gave the A&M guy a fuck you/flip off gesture. The A&M guy sticks his tongue out and Orr mimics/exaggerates it with his own tongue wagging. Orr sucks balls.

I am really surprised more players don't snap at fan behavior like this. The message has been sent down to players that you can't do what Smart did. I hope this doesn't lead to worse taunting by idiot fans trying to get players suspended multiple games.

Yep. So it looks like he gave the A&M guy a fuck you/flip off gesture. The A&M guy sticks his tongue out and Orr mimics/exaggerates it with his own tongue wagging. Orr sucks balls.

I am really surprised more players don't snap at fan behavior like this. The message has been sent down to players that you can't do what Smart did. I hope this doesn't lead to worse taunting by idiot fans trying to get players suspended multiple games.

Good point. Players are taught and preached to about tuning fans out and are told they need to develop a thick skin...but they are young, and they are human...it's not reasonable to expect them to be emotionless robots. Orr is an older adult (he doesn't look elderly to me) who shouldn't be acting like 5th grader on the playground. He clearly like to taunt and bait players into negative reactions. That kind of fan behavior needs to be addressed, too. Smart was on the floor surrounded by TT fans...that's a pretty vulnerable position for a 20 year old to be in.

If Chris Paul had climbed into the stands at NCSU and beat the hell out of one of the guys who were chanting "I killed your grandpa", he would have been justified.

But we should trust that he didn't say anything racist because racism is over and a video with half its audio track missing.

And released by Texas Tech Sports Broadcasting, a division of their athletic department.

And we need some people to stop fanaticizing over sports for the love.... I am a very passionate sports fan, but good lord, I couldn't imagine crossing a line because he plays on a different team.

It's like the dousche bag from Alabama, Updyke who killed famous tree's because someone put a Auburn Jersey on Bear Bryant.....seriously?

get a grip people

Since Smart was suspended 3 games, his next game will be at home against Texas Tech on Feb. 22. Can you imagine what some of the OSU fans will say to the TT players and coaches? Talk about a carnival atmosphere, OSU will probably set a record for most security guards at a college basketball game.

And we need some people to stop fanaticizing over sports for the love.... I am a very passionate sports fan, but good lord, I couldn't imagine crossing a line because he plays on a different team.

It's like the dousche bag from Alabama, Updyke who killed famous tree's because someone put a Auburn Jersey on Bear Bryant.....seriously?

get a grip people

ROLL DAMN TIDE

Stay classy, West Virginia

wv_zps5add7ce6.jpg

Of course, they did ask all the TT fans sitting in the area and they said they didn't hear anything racist.

It's Lubbock, TX. I imagine the standards for what's racist might be a little bit skewed.

It's Lubbock, TX. I imagine the standards for what's racist might be a little bit skewed.

I'd also be interested in what TT specifically asked the nearby fans. The official statement reads (in part): "Texas Tech interviewed Mr. Orr along with numerous fans, photographers and arena personnel that were seated in the area surrounding him. Mr. Orr vehemently denied the accusation that he used a racial slur and no one in the vicinity of Mr. Orr heard such a slur."

Either the person asking the questions or the fans answering the questions could easily have interpreted "a racial slur" quite narrowly to mean the N word and only the N word.

Back