• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 18: Louisville @ LJVM -- Saturday Noon -- ESPNU

If you’re going to bring a coach into commentate, then I want to hear what a coach would do and how a coach thinks throughout the game. Yeah Pastner was a huge Wake and ACC fan today, but I thought his commentary was insightful and interesting. His voice on the other hand is not one made for a mic.

Yeah. I enjoyed him. Kinda was surprised. He was super annoying as a coach

If you’re going to bring a coach into commentate, then I want to hear what a coach would do and how a coach thinks throughout the game. Yeah Pastner was a huge Wake and ACC fan today, but I thought his commentary was insightful and interesting. His voice on the other hand is not one made for a mic.
I listened to the game but didn't catch the pregame. Didn't realize it was Pastner but he did talk positive of Wake and gave some good insight as opposed to some of the other knuckleheads- Corey Alexander comes to mind

Was unable to see the game, but pleased to see the final score and pleased to see Monsanto back and chucking up threes comfortably. Looks like it rubbed off on the whole team, but tough to tell since it was Louisville.

Also noticed that Cam had 11 boards. If his shooting is fucked due to the wrist, him focusing more on the dirty board work could benefit the team since we really are in short supply there.

I was surprised at Pastners open criticism of the officiating in the State game.
Yeah. Same with Anish calling it "questionable" officiating twice.

If rest means starting Cam and aiming to play him around 20 minutes at Pitt with Parker, Ituka, and Monsanto picking up the slack, I like that.

The leadership Monsanto has shown while injured is really impressive. And the attitude he’s going to bring now that he’s back is a big deal.
He really loved Parker hitting those threes. There was a moment during their run where he put his arm around Parker's shoulders like a big brother. Bet having another shooter with that talent motivates him even more.

Sucks that Cam’s playing with an injured wrist, and it’s not getting better anytime soon. Seems like our team always has someone injured.

Sucks that Cam’s playing with an injured wrist, and it’s not getting better anytime soon. Seems like our team always has someone injured.
yep, first no Monsanto and Reid, then we finally get them back and Hildreth has a bum wrist. Cam is tough and can do other things. Just hope it does not get worse.
This is really a fun team to watch and when they are cranking on all cylinders watch out. Credit Forbes for putting this team together, they play their ass off and very unselfish.

I can live with 8/11/6 any night - don’t know what damn awful you mean?
To be honest, Keller was 1 for 3, 1 rebound, 3 fouls and can't guard anyone. The lack of a 3rd. good man is inmho our weakest link. Cam was 3 f0r 9, 11 rebounds, and 3 to's. Love Cam but is a little bit of an enigma with too many to's and so many great strong moves to the basket and then missing makeable shots. Hopefully it's his wrist and will be able to make some of those shots

To be honest, Keller was 1 for 3, 1 rebound, 3 fouls and can't guard anyone. The lack of a 3rd. good man is inmho our weakest link. Cam was 3 f0r 9, 11 rebounds, and 3 to's. Love Cam but is a little bit of an enigma with too many to's and so many great strong moves to the basket and then missing makeable shots. Hopefully it's his wrist and will be able to make some of those shots
keller is pretty invisible out there. Marsh did not play bad the other night, would like to see him in there for a dunk or two at least instead of Keller. But gotta believe Forbes knows what he is doing.

Completely agree with this assessment. Big fan of what he had to say, not a big fan of his voice. But I’ll take someone giving good commentary with a bad voice over inane commentary with a good voice everyday.

Being there live as Damari hit his first four three point attempts today and the crowd went wild will be one of my best memories at a Wake basketball game. Fucking love that dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Need to do it in Cameron or chapel hill

I can live with 8/11/6 any night - don’t know what damn awful you mean?
I think he's talking about Cam wide open in the corner and missing the 3 pointer by about 4 feet wide right.

Still I agree, not a bad stat line for a guy playing with 1 hand and his off hand at that.

Back