• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 2: @ UGA - 7pm Friday - SEC Network

What is Marsh’s +/- this year? It’s gotta be at least -20. He has been soooooo bad.

Hildreth went to major factor in loss. Needs to stop with the hero ball when he's outmatched. Shooting out of double teams, losing the ball, missing/taking too many 3s, dribbling too long into TOs, etc.

Worth noting that Hildreth was injured on Wednesday and didn’t practice Thursday.

;Our guards shooting 22/64 up until the last 45 seconds. That won't get it done in this offense. Y'all need to understand this is a 5 out perimeter offense with a little isolation to Carr but mostly perimeter jumpers and screens for the dribbler on the perimeter. There's a LOT of standing around except for the dribbler and the screener.

Hildreth has improved his shooting, but don’t want him shooting a contested 3 to tie. Parker was recruited for this situation.
It's possible that Forbes doesn't think Parker's ready yet. He passed up a bunch of shots tonight. This game was a lot faster than Elon, and I thought Georgia did a great job of closing out on our shooters.

How can we get back what we’ve never gotten yet?
Idk about you, but I'm not feeling too good going into our schedule with a Matthew Marsh/Zach Keller front court. The best option there is probably just benching them both for Carr and MMM. It seems easy to me to see where a guy with Reid's skill set fits in is all I'm saying.

Game was lost with 4:43 to go when we subbed out Carr for a breather. Marsh comes in. At this point, it's UGA 74 WF 72.

Georgia immediately recognizes this and targets Marsh in the PnR. Georgia guard Thommasson makes a wide open mid range jumper. 76-72.

On the next offensive possession, Marsh clearly does not know the play, and screens the wrong person both times. Then, when they play breaks down, and Marion is doubled in the corner (by Marsh's man), Marsh just stands at the 3 point line and makes no effort to get open. Marion then sails a pass over Marsh's head. A 7 footer with reasonable athleticism potentially could have caught it, Marsh doesn't leave the floor. Marsh is such a non factor on offense that his own mans leaves him and goes to double our other players.

Georgia then scores two more buckets directly caused by Marsh not getting back on defense.

I don't fucking care if we have to put Kevin Dunn in the game, Marsh should not play. He is such a liability on both ends of the court.

Idk about you, but I'm not feeling too good going into our schedule with a Matthew Marsh/Zach Keller front court. The best option there is probably just benching them both for Carr and MMM. It seems easy to me to see where a guy with Reid's skill set fits in is all I'm saying.
No, I completely agree, you said we need to get Reid back, we’ve never had him eligible in the first place yet. Hopefully we get him eligible.

I’m so sad that Keller was in for less than a minute and may have cost us the game. (Im pseudo joking). I thought he had some savvy moves in some of the practice footage. We might technically be deep, but we don’t have time for 6 players a game to shake the deer in the headlights look.

Back