• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 8: @ The Wisconsin Badgers: Tuesday 9pm ESPNU

Sleep Forest? That’s painfully awkward and cringy. Between this and their defense maybe they really are trying to be just like Duke.
Agreed. Like what does "Sleep Forest" even mean? What's the reference or joke there? That was a weak ass attempt at throwing shade.

Monsantos misses weren't bad misses though

I disagree. When Wisconsin was getting hot on offense and going on their run to get up 7(?) points, Damari took a few quick shots (misses) without the ball moving. I understand that he is confident, but when the other team has momentum, you can’t have an empty 5 second possession and give them the ball right back. In that situation if you don’t have an easy bucket then you at least try to break the other teams offensive rhythm by making them play defense for a long possession.

To be clear though, I am very happy about the win and impressed with our team. That was one of the most satisfying wins we’ve had in a decade.

I'm sure there's a line, but Forbes said post-game if you take a shot and miss and look over to him, you're playing for the wrong coach. He wants guys to play with swag, especially on the road. I think Monsanto personifies that and sets that tone. As long as the effort is there on both ends, I think he'll let it ride. I'm sure there will be a couple of possessions on O and D where everyone is pulling their hair out, though.

Generally I agree and think Monsanto should be a bit more patient, but I also embrace the chaos.

4-0 against Wisconsin all-time starting in 1999. Two of those were on the road, once when Wisconsin was ranked.

Let's ink a nice ooc deal with the Badgers for the next decade!

I still don't get the Gator Chomp reference. Anyone? Bueller?

Do they think we're in Florida or we have gators in Winston-Salem?

4-0 against Wisconsin all-time starting in 1999. Two of those were on the road, once when Wisconsin was ranked.

Let's ink a nice ooc deal with the Badgers for the next decade!
8061cc8f-eb50-44f7-8ebb-df6186cc589e-jpeg.2037

I think you're wrong, ESPN says we've played them 129 times after last night and ESPN is never wrong!

Yeah, i’m really glad that Forbes is the type of coach that gives his players confidence, instead of them being afraid to mess up and get substituted immediately.

I like how anytime Hepburn or Essegian hit a 3, Damari looked visibly annoyed and came down firing up one of his own at the next opportunity.

4iny4a.jpg

I have no idea why (I guess because Wiscy lost to UF in 2017), but a Xavier player with no ties to UF Gator-chomped the Badger student section several years ago

and then a Wisconsin player Gator-chomped the X student section the following year:

I'm pretty sure that ESPN graphic was supposed to be for Marquette instead of Wake Forest.

That's who Wisconsin beat 89-76 last year, and has probably played a lot over the years.

Love the way Damari plays. Overall played solid D. Has a chip on his shoulder (which every team needs that dude). And he can get hot in a hurry. Some of ya'll act like every shot has to be perfect to be a good shot. Shooters shoot and score

I'm pretty sure that ESPN graphic was supposed to be for Marquette instead of Wake Forest.

That's who Wisconsin beat 89-76 last year, and has probably played a lot over the years.
What, ESPN didn't proof their graphics, no way?

Last edited:
Back