• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 8: @ The Wisconsin Badgers: Tuesday 9pm ESPNU

Love the way Damari plays. Overall played solid D. Has a chip on his shoulder (which every team needs that dude). And he can get hot in a hurry. Some of ya'll act like every shot has to be perfect to be a good shot. Shooters shoot and score
Agree, but he needs to learn just a little bit better shot selection, which will probably come in time.

I'd like him to shoot more.

Preferably from farther away.

Just give it to him every time down.

I think it is kind of funny how Daivien pretty much camps out in the corner on offense.

I mean, he's effective shooting from there... No doubt. And maybe it's because he's not 100% right now, but he literally stands in the corner in a ready position for a catch and shoot.

The team played like fucking men last night. It wasn’t a perfect game, but it was enough against a tourney team on the road, and that’s a lot. Tyree has balls of steel. No doubt he is the go-to for the rest of the season.
Also, wtf was up with the lights during the game? I just about had a seizure because of the flashing glare on the court.

Brownell is Clemson's all time winningest coach. He has 218 wins. Cliff Ellis only had 175.

Quick WF KP update.

• Deacs are up to #68 in KP (started the season at #80).
  • Strength of Schedule is #299 (that will improve over the next few weeks)
  • #46 in offensive efficiency; 100 in defensive efficiency
  • #29 in effective offensive FG%
  • #86 in effective defensive FG%
  • WF is now projected to finish with a winning record (18-13 -- 110-10) Would take the over on both.
  • Individual O ratings (Jake led WF with a 118 last year; 100 is average):
    • Appleby 130 - his metrics are awesome across the board: 63% effective FG%; nationally ranked in assist rate and fouls drawn; 87% FT; 59% from 2; 46% from 3
    • Monsanto 112
    • Hildreth 112
    • Carr 107
    • Davien 101
  • Among those with limited minutes
    • Marsh 132
    • Klintman 103
    • Ituka 104
    • Bradford 95
    • Keller 88
    • Taylor 75

Yeah Appleby is on the early season Alondes track so far. 130 offensive rating on 26% usage is just absolutely ridiculous. I believe he has the third best assist rate as well for ACC players. If the season ended today he'd be first team All-ACC and in the conversation for ACC POY.

Appleby has been in college longer than Sam Hartman.

19.6 PPG, 5.5 APG, 4.4 RPG for Appleby compared to Alondes' 19.5 PPG, 3.75 APG, 5.6 RPG through 8 games.

Now Tyree has already played the worst two teams on our schedule this year and Alondes put up 9 and 10 assists including a triple double in his 9th and 10th game.

Regardless, he's just stepped right in and produced like Alondes did from the same position. Forbes out here scouting point gods in the portal.

Monsanto is a hot and cold shooter, which you can live with, but he can’t combine that with bad fouls and losing his man on defense. There were at least two possessions yesterday where Monsanto took a contested jump shot early in the shot clock and then committed a foul on the other end, or missed a rotation and gave up a basket. He has to care as much about playing good defense as he does scoring.

He had the big stop down the stretch.

I was impressed that Monsanto stopped settling for threes and dribbled in to try shorter jumpers. He attempted 5 shots inside the arc last night after only attempting 13 all season.

I like that he's trying to add other threats to his game, but at the same time if he's replacing catch and shoot threes with mid-range jumpers, I'd rather he just keep shooting the three.

It’s a way to get his shot going and stay effective when he’s not hitting from outside. If he can dribble drive effectively, defenders will eventually have to respect it.

Aside from the issue of lacking strength (which won't improve until next season), I really think Klintman is close to breaking out.

His shot looks fine. He's made some really nice moves to the basket, but has trouble finishing. He's usually in the right spot on defense. He rebounds.

I just think he needs to gain some confidence and feel comfortable in his role. I expect both of those things to happen over the next month or so. He'll be a big reason why we're better in March than we are right now.

Agree on Klintman. He has it all. Just needs the minutes. Remember he was the only player on the roster to not participate in the Summer workouts.

8061cc8f-eb50-44f7-8ebb-df6186cc589e-jpeg.2037

I think you're wrong, ESPN says we've played them 129 times after last night and ESPN is never wrong!
You did this incorrectly. You are supposed to post it 3 times for maximum impact.

Yeah that one frustration foul is clouding folks' judgment on Monsanto. He's been playing solid defense with the occasional hiccup (usually when he looks frustrated or tired) - and he's been extremely disruptive. Despite his late start to the year he's 2nd on the team with 11 steals, has 2 blocks, and is top 5 in total rebounds. He bodied up on Wahl without fouling to close the game defensively. His effort on defense has seen a serious uptick this year.

I thought the best thing about that win was just how good the game was overall. It's one thing to catch a good team on an off night, but that was a solid performance by Wisconsin and we elevated our play to match. They're banking in 3's and hitting half court chucks and we still pulled it out. It felt like a late-season or even a tournament game, despite Forbes having to stitch this team together - not one starter in this game started our final game last year. Pretty amazing.

Back