• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 8: @ The Wisconsin Badgers: Tuesday 9pm ESPNU

Aside from the issue of lacking strength (which won't improve until next season), I really think Klintman is close to breaking out.

His shot looks fine. He's made some really nice moves to the basket, but has trouble finishing. He's usually in the right spot on defense. He rebounds.

I just think he needs to gain some confidence and feel comfortable in his role. I expect both of those things to happen over the next month or so. He'll be a big reason why we're better in March than we are right now.
yeah i think between klintman and keller we'll have some big wings that can hoop in a couple years

I'm pretty sure Wake has never won a game where the opponent hit a halfcourt shot and a banked 3 until last night. Our guys, several guys played tough. They took Wisconsin's best shot and responded with their own. From a viewing experience, the first 8 minutes and last 8 minutes were well played and had a decent flow.

The biggest knock on Monsanto defensively (and it's not a frequent one) is I think he overplays the passing lane at times and is slightly too eager to leave his man and help double down/trap on the elbow. This has left his man open a few times for a look when the ball gets kicked back out. Generally his on ball defense is very good and I haven't noticed any lack of effort contributing to defensive hiccups.

The biggest knock on Monsanto defensively (and it's not a frequent one) is I think he overplays the passing lane at times and is slightly too eager to leave his man and help double down/trap on the elbow. This has left his man open a few times for a look when the ball gets kicked back out. Generally his on ball defense is very good and I haven't noticed any lack of effort contributing to defensive hiccups.
That and his slow jog back after hitting a 3 in the early part of the game that led to a wide-open 3 for Wisconsin.

He'll get there, but the mental lapses are infuriating. Especially given his obvious gifts on the defensive end.

Cam does this a frustrating amount as well.

Could just be the scheme. Or at least the scheme last night.

I’d like Wake to #ReleaseTheTapes that show BK can hit an open 3 at a 10% or higher clip. He’s becoming a no-no-no-NOOOOO! shooter
Not exactly what you're asking for, but he hits a few here:

I think it largely is the scheme. Preach aggression on cutting off passes and deal with the upside/downsides accordingly.

Not really the right thread for it but regarding streaming options for Friday’s game. I see Bally has a stand-alone app now that you can subscribe to for $20/month. Will that allow me to watch the game? Much better and more flexible option if so.

Quick WF KP update.

• Deacs are up to #68 in KP (started the season at #80).
  • Strength of Schedule is #299 (that will improve over the next few weeks)
  • #46 in offensive efficiency; 100 in defensive efficiency
  • #29 in effective offensive FG%
  • #86 in effective defensive FG%
  • WF is now projected to finish with a winning record (18-13 -- 110-10) Would take the over on both.
  • Individual O ratings (Jake led WF with a 118 last year; 100 is average):
    • Appleby 130 - his metrics are awesome across the board: 63% effective FG%; nationally ranked in assist rate and fouls drawn; 87% FT; 59% from 2; 46% from 3
    • Monsanto 112
    • Hildreth 112
    • Carr 107
    • Davien 101
  • Among those with limited minutes
    • Marsh 132
    • Klintman 103
    • Ituka 104
    • Bradford 95
    • Keller 88
    • Taylor 75
you are a gem - thanks for all you do.

Last point (ha), Monsanto reminds me of Soph Josh Howard. Talent but with a chip on his shoulder. Monsanto doesn't just sit out there waiting for his shot he plays at both ends. I think Josh was a more inside out guy, but clearly Monsanto would need to be an outside in guy.
Monsanto is 6’6 and athletic he needs to be an inside out wing

Not really the right thread for it but regarding streaming options for Friday’s game. I see Bally has a stand-alone app now that you can subscribe to for $20/month. Will that allow me to watch the game? Much better and more flexible option if so.

It should allow for that, but I'm trying to figure out a better option.

Might just show up with beer at a neighbor's house that has cable.

Yeah trying to sort it out as well. I believe we have 7 or 8 games that are on Bally and I don't want to just find random streams online.

It should allow for that, but I'm trying to figure out a better option.

Might just show up with beer at a neighbor's house that has cable.
Thank you sir. Ordinarily I’d be open to just going to a local bar but we have a really long day of driving on Saturday so sitting at home on my couch would be much more preferable.

It says there is a free 7 day trial so I guess I could just give it a try for Friday and see what happens.

That's probably what I'll end up doing. The RSN up here isn't even carrying the game period that I can tell (NESN). They have two college hockey games on for that slot instead. So I don't even think it's available if I had a platform that carried Bally.

ETA: It's listed as NESN+ on the ACC website but the NESN+ schedule has a hockey game. I guess we will see!

Yeah, for the Bally Sports+ app, you have to enter in your billing zip code, which shows you which packages are available. For me, as long as a game is supposed to be on Bally Sports Southeast, I'll get it on the app.

I might just suck it up and do it for 2-3 months (Dec-Feb).

Our Bally Schedule:
12/2 - @ Clemson
12/31 - vs VT
1/17 - vs Clemson
2/4 - @ Notre Dame
2/18 - @ Miami
2/22 - @ NCSU
3/4 - @ Syracuse

So really, the best way to do it would be to do the freebie for the 2/4 game, then just buy it for the rest of Feb/March. That's 4 games for $20.

The first 3 games are pretty spread out, so that sucks.

Back