• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 8: @ The Wisconsin Badgers: Tuesday 9pm ESPNU

When Monsanto shoots, it maybe an ill advised shot, but it’s rarely a low percentage shot. Dude is a pure shooter and needs to shoot. He opens up the floor for the rest of the team just by being on the floor.
The “decoy” effect will work for a while, but eventually you have to make a few shoots to be considered a threat.

Y’all he’s shooting 44% from 3 this year and hit several big shots late yesterday. Let’s not act like he’s shooting 30% from behind the arc. Yes he forces some shots and occasionally takes bad shots outside the offense but he will be a major weapon for this team.

I expect to see a lot more of Marsh and Bradford at the five. Keller, Carr and Klintman can't defend jumbo size. They get bumped out of position down low and thrown around. Bradford can absorb contact and reposition with strength. Marsh doesn't move, his man bounces off him. He can dictate position down low. It came as a shock to both the Wisconsin bigs and affected their accuracy. Combine that strength with good hands and decent bounce and you might have a lob/slam machine that your opponent will oppose with reluctance.

Last edited:
The “decoy” effect will work for a while, but eventually you have to make a few shoots to be considered a threat.
He's second in the ACC in made threes and is in the top 15 in 3P% (this also includes a few folks who have attempted under 2 threes a game). He's making plenty of shots.

Yeah. I agree Blackjack. I think Forbes has seen enough there. Maybe he wants to judge matchups first or give Keller some run so I don’t know if one of them will start. But both guys are huge, can defend (with and without foul), and can finish. I wish we had another big to make a three headed monster.

Wait you can get Bally on ESPN+ if you live outside of the market right? Why don’t y’all just get a secure VPN and watch through espn+? Probably cheaper that way plus you can leverage ESPN+ and a VPN for tons of shit.

I'm concerned about Bradford's lateral foot speed and his ability to avoid fouling. I mean I'm fine with him giving 5 fouls a game too as a more physical option if Keller and Klintman come along as the season progresses, but I think he will be in foul trouble a decent amount against teams with interior presence. I agree that I don't see Carr's defense as a particular asset within 5-7 feet of the basket but again that's probably anecdotal - could be that he's better than it "feels"

Hmmm...looks like I can pick Bally Sports South or Bally Sports Southeast. If I decide to pay for a full year, does anyone know if both include Braves games?
Here in the Winston area, Bally's SE has the Hornets and Braves, and Bally's South has the Hurricanes and all the RSN games.

Wait you can get Bally on ESPN+ if you live outside of the market right? Why don’t y’all just get a secure VPN and watch through espn+? Probably cheaper that way plus you can leverage ESPN+ and a VPN for tons of shit.

You don’t need ESPN+ at all if you’re out of market.

I'm concerned about Bradford's lateral foot speed and his ability to avoid fouling. I mean I'm fine with him giving 5 fouls a game too as a more physical option if Keller and Klintman come along as the season progresses, but I think he will be in foul trouble a decent amount against teams with interior presence. I agree that I don't see Carr's defense as a particular asset within 5-7 feet of the basket but again that's probably anecdotal - could be that he's better than it "feels"
We definitely opted to put Monsanto on their best player towards the end of the game who Carr/Klintman had previously been guarding.

That's how I watched the army game. Cast from my phone to the TV. Eat shit Bally

No offense, but this is a really dumb post. Monsanto is the best shooter we have had since…Dawson? He was off last night, but Forbes wouldn’t give him the green light if he wasn’t a weapon from deep. He’s certainly not a ‘decoy’. And I swear to god every single time he shoots from deep, it looks good.

My buddy and fellow poster and I used to go hard against each other playing ball at Wake. He was one of the best shooters I’ve ever played against and I played against a bunch of dudes who are still in the league from Wake. If you pressed them around the three point line, they would dribble out of trouble and look for a better shot. Monsanto has the ability to rise up with pressure and hit from deep from pretty much anywhere on the court. We haven’t had that in a long, long time. He should shoot the ball every time he has a chance to, IMHO.

I expect to see a lot more of Marsh and Bradford at the five. Keller, Carr and Klintman can't defend jumbo size. They get bumped out of position down low and thrown around. Bradford can absorb contact and reposition with strength. Marsh doesn't move, his man bounces off him. He can dictate position down low. It came as a shock to both the Wisconsin bigs and affected their accuracy. Combine that strength with good hands and decent bounce and you might have a lob/slam machine that your opponent will oppose with reluctance.
I agree, but also think Forbes is giving these guys reps in the event that one of Marsh or Bradford are injured, get into foul trouble, etc. We need another ‘big’ guy on the team who can step in if needed.

I agree, but also think Forbes is giving these guys reps in the event that one of Marsh or Bradford are injured, get into foul trouble, etc. We need another ‘big’ guy on the team who can step in if needed.

Marsh appears to be plan A against opposing bigs. His main tasks are: play defense, get rebounds, dunk. Having a full pre season to work on stuff seems to have helped him a lot.

Ideally, Keller earns that role. Carr will be the option until Zach can put up numbers. Carr's experience counts.

I was surprised Marsh was on the court at the end. Carr is better on the line. It seems Marsh has earned Forbe's trust.

Agree with both posts. Marsh has just needed more reps, confidence and time to adapt to the college game. He could be a beast for us.

Ideally, Keller earns that role. Carr will be the option until Zach can put up numbers. Carr's experience counts.

I was surprised Marsh was on the court at the end. Carr is better on the line. It seems Marsh has earned Forbe's trust.

Marsh can defend in the post and get rebounds. Limits opponent's second chance opportunities.

Monsanto could be a cross between Dawson, Blucas and LaRue.

He’s the first guy we’ve had that can hit ac3 from anywhere.

Back