• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Meatball Ron DeSatan and his fascist band of cowardly Republicans

In another timeline, Meatball isn’t a total wet noodle doofus and the party would be pivoting to him literally right now over the Trump ballot controversy. Quite honestly we dodged a bullet with this guy being an empty plastic bag because he had some terrifying policies

“We” doesn’t include Florida posters who will still deal with him for about 3 more years.

I fear he may take this rebuke as a sign he needs to become even more authoritarian.
Depends on if he sees 2028 as realistic. There's also a chance he may be a lame duck governor because he has no political prospects.

I think he'll see this rebuke as a sign that Trump-lite isn't sufficient against Trump but it will be without Trump. Of course, if Biden wins, Trump might be the nominee in 2028 too.

Depends on if he sees 2028 as realistic. There's also a chance he may be a lame duck governor because he has no political prospects.

I think he'll see this rebuke as a sign that Trump-lite isn't sufficient against Trump but it will be without Trump. Of course, if Biden wins, Trump might be the nominee in 2028 too.
So far in FL he hasn’t been Trump lite. His policies are actually probably worse than Trump and the kind of stuff Trump rants about but never accomplishes. He is Trump without the bravado and style but with effect.

Oh I agree. He's perceived by the Republican base to be Trump-lite because he has the effect without bravado and style.

After the crash-and-burn disaster that his campaign last year and this year have been, I don't see him being a viable presidential candidate in 2028. No donor is going to pony up the cash for 2028 the way they did for him this time, the conservative media has turned on him and I don't see them supporting him again for the GOP nomination (once burned, twice shy), and his reputation outside of Florida is in tatters. And in 2028 he won't be governor and thus won't even have the advantage of a Florida base behind him. He's likely finished as a presidential possibility. Having said that, as you noted the unfortunate people of Florida are going to have to deal with him as governor for another three years, and there's no telling how much more damage he can cause there before he has to leave office.

Oh I think his political career is done. 2028 will be Trump or whoever Trump chooses. DeSantis has to be kicking himself (or Casey) for going all-in instead of sticking with Trump to get VP or a cabinet position and positioning himself to be the 2028 frontrunner. But I think he can look at the narratives and his polling and justify pulling out now, endorsing Trump, and planning a 2028 run.

DeSantis has no path forward but he outperformed the Iowa polls so he’ll stay in even though he’s likely to finish a distant 3rd in NH and SC.

Oh I think his political career is done. 2028 will be Trump or whoever Trump chooses. DeSantis has to be kicking himself (or Casey) for going all-in instead of sticking with Trump to get VP or a cabinet position and positioning himself to be the 2028 frontrunner. But I think he can look at the narratives and his polling and justify pulling out now, endorsing Trump, and planning a 2028 run.

So now you Florida residents get 3 years of a lame duck DeSantis governorship, with no future national office ambitions?

DeSantis has no path forward but he outperformed the Iowa polls so he’ll stay in even though he’s likely to finish a distant 3rd in NH and SC.
His, and Haley’s only hope ever was for Trump to be in jail or for him to be banned from the ballot in enough states that the GOP has to turn to the runner up at the summer convention.

His, and Haley’s only hope ever was for Trump to be in jail or for him to be banned from the ballot in enough states that the GOP has to turn to the runner up at the summer convention.

But they won’t publicly support that hope. Will they stay in the race hoping to pick up enough delegates in case that happens?

One of the great stats I saw this morning was the more exposure people got to DeSantis, the less inclined they were to vote for him.

How did FL vote him in as Governor twice?

One of the great stats I saw this morning was the more exposure people got to DeSantis, the less inclined they were to vote for him.

How did FL vote him in as Governor twice?
The first time he ran was against a gay black man with a coke problem, the second time was against a former Republican Governor…so the Democratic Party is FL is putting their best foot forward and it’s hard to understand how they keep losing.

Back