• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mike Flynn Resigns

Carter Page was on NPR with Judy woodruff tonight and he's definitely a disciple of the fake news movement. Refused to answer any questions point blank and just said that the Russian ties are faked by the media

Of course. He's a modern day Benedict Arnold and has a sweet 19% take in Rosneft now.

A dossier with unverified claims about President Donald Trump's ties to Russia contained allegations that Igor Sechin, the CEO of Russia's state oil company, offered former Trump ally Carter Page and his associates the brokerage of a 19% stake in the company in exchange for the lifting of US sanctions on Russia.

The dossier says the offer was made in July, when Page was in Moscow giving a speech at the Higher Economic School. The claim was sourced to "a trusted compatriot and close associate" of Sechin, according to the dossier's author, former British spy Christopher Steele.

"Sechin's associate said that the Rosneft president was so keen to lift personal and corporate western sanctions imposed on the company, that he offered Page and his associates the brokerage of up to a 19 per cent (privatised) stake in Rosneft," the dossier said. "In return, Page had expressed interest and confirmed that were Trump elected US president, then sanctions on Russia would be lifted."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bu...ssia-igor-sechin-dossier-2017-1?client=safari

Last edited:
Of course. He's a modern day Benedict Arnold and has a sweet 19% take in Rosneft now.

A dossier with unverified claims about President Donald Trump's ties to Russia contained allegations that Igor Sechin, the CEO of Russia's state oil company, offered former Trump ally Carter Page and his associates the brokerage of a 19% stake in the company in exchange for the lifting of US sanctions on Russia.

The dossier says the offer was made in July, when Page was in Moscow giving a speech at the Higher Economic School. The claim was sourced to "a trusted compatriot and close associate" of Sechin, according to the dossier's author, former British spy Christopher Steele.

"Sechin's associate said that the Rosneft president was so keen to lift personal and corporate western sanctions imposed on the company, that he offered Page and his associates the brokerage of up to a 19 per cent (privatised) stake in Rosneft," the dossier said. "In return, Page had expressed interest and confirmed that were Trump elected US president, then sanctions on Russia would be lifted."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bu...ssia-igor-sechin-dossier-2017-1?client=safari

Top Rosneft Exec Found Dead in Moscow

A top executive from Russia's state-controlled oil company, Rosneft, has been found dead in central Moscow, according to the Life.ru news site.

Oleg Erovinkin, Rosneft President Igor Sechin's chief of staff, was discovered in the back seat of a company Lexus by his driver, who alerted the emergency services.

https://themoscowtimes.com/news/top-rosneft-exec-found-dead-in-moscow-56649

Last edited:
And for shits and giggles....

How Russia sold its oil jewel: without saying who bought it
Wed Jan 25, 2017 | 12:05 PM EST

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1582OH?client=safari

(Reuters) - More than a month after Russia announced one of its biggest privatizations since the 1990s, selling a 19.5 percent stake in its giant oil company Rosneft, it still isn't possible to determine from public records the full identities of those who bought it.

The stake was sold for 10.2 billion euros to a Singapore investment vehicle that Rosneft said was a 50/50 joint venture between Qatar and the Swiss oil trading firm Glencore.

Unveiling the deal at a televised meeting with Rosneft's boss Igor Sechin on Dec. 7, President Vladimir Putin called it a sign of international faith in Russia, despite U.S. and EU financial sanctions on Russian firms including Rosneft.

DON'T MISS

Hungary tests EU's frayed nerves with Putin visit

"It is the largest privatization deal, the largest sale and acquisition in the global oil and gas sector in 2016," Putin said.

It was also one of the biggest transfers of state property into private hands since the early post-Soviet years, when allies of President Boris Yeltsin took control of state firms and became billionaires overnight.

But important facts about the deal either have not been disclosed, cannot be determined solely from public records, or appear to contradict the straightforward official account of the stake being split 50/50 by Glencore and the Qataris.

For one: Glencore contributed only 300 million euros of equity to the deal, less than 3 percent of the purchase price, which it said in a statement on Dec. 10 had bought it an "indirect equity interest" limited to just 0.54 percent of Rosneft.

MORE

Art of the Deal: Why Putin needs one more than Trump

In addition, public records show the ownership structure of the stake ultimately includes a Cayman Islands company whose beneficial owners cannot be traced.

And while Italian bank Intesa SanPaolo leant the Singapore vehicle 5.2 billion euros to fund the deal, and Qatar put in 2.5 billion, the sources of funding for nearly a quarter of the purchase price have not been disclosed by any of the parties.

"The main question in relation to this transaction, as ever, still sounds like this: Who is the real buyer of a 19.5 percent stake in Rosneft?" Sergey Aleksashenko, a former deputy head of Russia's central bank, wrote in a blog last week.

Glencore would not comment on the identity of the Cayman Islands firm or give a further explanation of how ownership of the 19.5 percent stake was divided.

The Qatari Investment Authority said it would not comment on the deal, beyond confirming that it has participated in it.

Last edited:
When you have Paul Manafort, Carter Page and Roger Stone (formerly one of Tricky Dick's underlings) on your team, it is very likely they knew about it.

Three people most people have never heard of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Virtually no one had heard of Haldeman, Ehlichman or Dean before Watergate.

Unfortunately by prematurely shooting the Russia load, this is all gonna fall on some former campaign advisor who left 6 months ago.

The smart move would be waiting till you had Trump red handed, but everyone kinda already knows Russia had a monetary interest in Trump winning so unless you have someone saying Trump did it himself, he can just spin it as another "loser" he fired months ago, then continue making America Great Again

Unfortunately by prematurely shooting the Russia load, this is all gonna fall on some former campaign advisor who left 6 months ago.

The smart move would be waiting till you had Trump red handed, but everyone kinda already knows Russia had a monetary interest in Trump winning so unless you have someone saying Trump did it himself, he can just spin it as another "loser" he fired months ago, then continue making America Great Again

things haven't even started.

things haven't even started.

Yah, I mean given the past 3 weeks it's hard to see him surviving. But I'm just saying don't act like it's impartial reporting going on here. As an NBA fan you of all people should know what #sources mean. More than half the anti Trump shit is just totally made up

I think he could actually do some good, but it's tearing the world apart and dumping coal into streams ain't cool. But he could actually work to help business

Yah, I mean given the past 3 weeks it's hard to see him surviving. But I'm just saying don't act like it's impartial reporting going on here. As an NBA fan you of all people should know what #sources mean. More than half the anti Trump shit is just totally made up

Why would they fire Flynn if this was made up?

Why would they fire Flynn if this was made up?

I guess I don't have a problem with Flynn saying in transition don't nuke us cause of democratic saber rattling over the election

Democrats are clearly antagonizing Russia , which seems bad no matter what they're doing, especially since we probably do the same shit

it's been 24 hours since the NYT story and the WH hasn't even officially responded or really denied anything. There's going to be committees and investigations and subpoenas. Watergate scandal lasted over a year.

Russiagate could eventually become the scandal everyone refers to for scandals in the future. It's in its infancy,

If the Senate has any balls, they will get Trump's tax returns. They will also subpoena his son-in-law who spoke of the Russian loans and investors they had received. If Paige isn't killed, he'll fold like a cheap suit if called to testify.

If there are no real independent investigations, not having them will become the story.

Trump went crazy spouting the dumb dumb buzz words like fake news etc for Flynn today even tho he's the one that fired him according to Spicer because he knows eventually Flynn will be subpoened (no hard feelings!). Spicer was like "it's a loss of trust" and Trump was like "it's all the fake news!"

Yeah, I love how Trump is blaming the media for Flynn getting fired when he's the one who fired him. In what possible world does that make sense? If he thought the media reports were wrong, he didn't have to fire him.

If the Senate has any balls, they will get Trump's tax returns. They will also subpoena his son-in-law who spoke of the Russian loans and investors they had received. If Paige isn't killed, he'll fold like a cheap suit if called to testify.

If there are no real independent investigations, not having them will become the story.

Or since Russia is just controlled by rich atheists who want to exploit their citizens for personal gain they aren't going to start a mutually destructive global apocalypse.

Maybe it will be seen as the grand bargain of human history to not worry about the small shit and instead just band together and wipe out the towelheads who want to sacrifice us to Allah

For the most part, americas reaction to Russia's involvement is more mad cause we're supposed to be the superpower and we got got. It's not like we don't do the same shit to them.

Russia isn't our problem. They're greedy. So what, they aren't going to kill us all. That's the issue now that we've invented the technology to kill us all.

Russia is only our issue if we wanna stay #1, they aren't our issue if we want to survive . Everything going on right now only decreases our chances of surviving, as both of us already have 1,000 nukes mounted on submarines

Personally, I think our species has a better chance or survival if we just let the Russian dictators get more money, rather than have every news outlet blasting them to the point we impeach our President to the only superpower who can assure mutual global destruction. How about you?

We don't have the balls to actually engage them nor should we. Why isn't just asking what they want and making a deal not the best thing???

What's happening now surely is not

Last edited:
Or since Russia is just controlled by rich atheists who want to exploit their citizens for personal gain they aren't going to start a mutually destructive global apocalypse.

Maybe it will be seen as the grand bargain of human history to not worry about the small shit and instead just band together and wipe out the towelheads who want to sacrifice us to Allah

For the most part, americas reaction to Russia's involvement is more mad cause we're supposed to be the superpower and we got got. It's not like we don't do the same shit to them.

Russia isn't our problem. They're greedy. So what, they aren't going to kill us all. That's the issue now that we've invented the technology to kill us all.

Russia is only our issue if we wanna stay #1, they aren't our issue if we want to survive . Everything going on right now only decreases our chances of surviving, as both of us already have 1,000 nukes mounted on submarines

Personally, I think our species has a better chance or survival if we just let the Russian dictators get more money, rather than have every news outlet blasting them to the point we impeach our President to the only superpower who can assure mutual global destruction. How about you?

We don't have the balls to actually engage them nor should we. Why isn't just asking what they want and making a deal not the best thing???

What's happening now surely is not

Here are a few reading reccos for you:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/putins-real-long-game-214589

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.time...a-speech-transcript/?source=dam?client=safari

I'm really asking, does anyone here believe that?

It seems to be the story that the administration is attempting to put out there. That Flynn was fired not for his conversation but for his lies to Pence.

My position is he didn't need to lie to Pence because Pence and the rest of the administration likely knew exactly what Flynn was doing and knew because they told him to talk to Russia about the sanctions.

Sorry that I can't keep up with these threads. so this may have already been discussed. I think the point you are making is one that needs to be examined and taken to it's next logical steps. I agree that Pence may not have needed to lie to Pence. If he didn't need to, then he probably didn't. Pence may be the one that lied to the public. Flynn has to take the fall in that instance.

I should take the L?

You people are literal nutjobs. You think somewhere out there there's a recording of a phone call of a Russian confirming to an American he hacked the DNC's email and two people openly talking about how to release it to the media.

I presume there's basically digital record of pretty much any call coming in and out of this country at this point, no one's stupid enough to get caught

Doesn't this thread exist because someone got caught?

Back