• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

N.C Beaches, the next Amity Island

Gonna go get in the ocean today. No shark is gonna tell me how to live my life.

And another attack, this time on Ocracoke Island.

I think there is a clearly a pattern at this point. Some environmental factor is bringing the sharks in and making them more likely to bite. Perhaps people should start staying out of the water?

Coming soon:

MV5BMTc5MDUzNzQzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDg4NTYzNTE@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Not buying the “more people are in the water” excuse. People have been flooding the NC beaches for decades. Are there more? Yes, enough to have 6 attacks in three weeks? No. Just got back from Holden and there were more turtle nest on the beach than I can ever remember, I am going with that theory.

FWIW there were very few rafts, boogie boards or similar products being uses. Very few people swimming in chest deep water. Most in the water were in about 2’ throwing balls and playing closer to shore. I would estimate 80 less water activity compared to last summer.

I agree. He qualified with "people are enjoying the space where sharks want to be,” Barrington said. Yeah, closer to shore - in the breakers - that's the problem, dude. They want to be closer than they have been previously.

Back