• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State Predictions

I predict the group of Codi, Cav, Travis, Madison, Moto, and Rountree will all combine to make at least their 2nd 3 pointer in ACC play this year.

Mark it down.

This is the type of game [Redacted] wins, especially at home. When things are teetering on the brink of total disaster he finds a way to do the barest of minimums to make the most ardent sunshiners still have hope. And if we run a new billboard or stage any form of in game protest we are guaranteed to win.

Wake 68 NCSU 64

Unfortunately, I agree with this. Fuck [Redacted].

Here are my predictions:

1. Buzz will have an ugly tie.

2. Buzz will spend a good part of the game with arms defensively crossed over his chest, like some teen-age girl who's not yet comfortable with her suddenly growing breasts.

3. Buzz's other body language will be mostly guarded, mechanical, often downright robotic.

4. The players will have to supply their own inspiration.

5. Devin, who's certainly tired of all this losing shit, will produce a double double, with a couple of nice assists added.

6. Wellman will be there, hoping for the opportunity to smile approvingly but glaring if things go wrong.

7. Some State fans will make fools of themselves.

8. Cody's shooting will be better than the last two games, and he will out play what's his name.

9. Mr. Moto will show further improvement, if the refs let him.

10. I will probably sleep through the game, since it is on at 3 AM in the morning here in Europe. So, enjoy without me.

This is our coach:

Bret Strelow ‏@bretstrelow 16m
Missed this yesterday, [Redacted] on how T.J. Warren gets run-out shots in transition: "He's leaking and streaking."

It's actually the cleverest thing he's said in four years. Now, let's see if he figures out a way to stop it.

I think we are going 3-1 in the next two weeks....beating Virginia Tech on the road and NC State & Notre Dame at home, and losing at Clemson. That would make us 4-3 in the ACC & 14-6 overall.

WFU 73
NCSU 67

I agree with this.

We lose because while this is considered a home game, State fans will vastly out number any Wake fans who bother to show up. Our players and coaches will forget that they are playing at the Joel after seeing the sea of red in the arena and go full road game mentality, which will result in a 25 point blowout.

We lose because while this is considered a home game, State fans will vastly out number any Wake fans who bother to show up. Our players and coaches will forget that they are playing at the Joel after seeing the sea of red in the arena and go full road game mentality, which will result in a 25 point blowout.

Nah. State fans are getting sick of losing too. I doubt many will bother with the double shit show.

Afraid we are going down tonight; 68-63 State. Bzzzzz out.

Last edited:
The game is tomorrow.

I think State takes this one by 5 or more. Theyre definitely Jekyll and Hyde. But that Game vs #25 Missouri sticks out at me...State should have won it. Granted theyre on the road but we dont possess much advantage there.

Gott knows he needs one, and Wake is generally the cure for what ails teams needing wins.

Did anyone watch the Tennessee-State game? Was Tennessee just not able to make any shots or something? I've watched State a few times this year and have been thoroughly unimpressed with them. Stagnant on offense and pretty poor on defense. Not sure how they beat Tennessee on the road.

Yeah, what did you think DeacsPop, Bz was gonna let the conference schedule a Tuesday game?!

Don't worry, Pop. I forget what day it is all the time.

Back