• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker | Spring Transfer Portal Open

Willie Idlette was force-fed 30 touches across 21 games his junior and sophomore years. He had 73 as a freshman (6 per game) and 62 as a senior (4.4).

Josh Adams got 91 attempts and 7 receptions as a senior (8.2 touches per game).

Josh Harris got 100 fewer touches than Brandon Pendergrass his sophomore year, which led to no end of griping on the boards. He got 12 more touches than DeAndre Martin as a junior. His one year as a bell-cow, he got 11.6 touches per game and had 2 more rushing attempts than Tanner Price. (No way to tell how many of Price's were sacks).

Givens averaged 5 touches a game as a freshman and 4.6 as a sophomore. As a junior, he finally broke out with 7.5 touches. Over his four years, Campanaro averaged 6.7 touches a game. The underused Greg Dortch averaged 7.7 touches per game in his two seasons.

We did run roughly 11 (15%) more plays in Dorth's sophomore year (2018) than Givens's junior/Camp's sophomore year (2011). We also had a receiver room in 2011 that included Danny Dembry (36 rec), Terence Davis (20), Cam Ford (12), Andrew Parker (6), and Matt James (3). In 2018, our other pass-catchers beyond Dortch (89) were Sage Surratt (41), Alex Bachman (37), Scotty Washington (20), Jack Freudenthal (15), Brandon Chapman (12), Jaquarri Roberson (7), Kendall Hinton (6), and Steven Claude (4).

I just needed to chime in here and say fuck Josh Harris.

I really wish clawson would get more creative other than in games like notre dame or fsu where it doesn't really matter, because we're gonna get blown out regardless, take some risks when there's game pressure.

That one hurts. Losing Carson and Mustapha in the defensive backfield means we HAVE to get some portal help defensively, and they can't be backups.

I really wish clawson would get more creative other than in games like notre dame or fsu where it doesn't really matter, because we're gonna get blown out regardless, take some risks when there's game pressure.
Clawson explained a season or two ago that his offense puts up 30+ points so he doesn't really need trick plays to score. Obviously, that's not true now, so he may open things up more next season. But trick plays are situational and more about sustaining drives in key situation than scoring 32 ppg vs. 31 ppg.

Clawson explained a season or two ago that his offense puts up 30+ points so he doesn't really need trick plays to score. Obviously, that's not true now, so he may open things up more next season. But trick plays are situational and more about sustaining drives in key situation than scoring 32 ppg vs. 31 ppg.
I don't really understand that. more points are always good and we could have won arguably the biggest game in school history with one successful trick play last year.

Having a potent offense likely makes deception more effective.

That one hurts. Losing Carson and Mustapha in the defensive backfield means we HAVE to get some portal help defensively, and they can't be backups.
I’m not gonna begrudge guys that played 4 seasons in college and then go to the pros, that at least helps our recruiting. Defense was gonna be a total rebuild anyways next year. Honestly, I am fearing the downgrade in talent on both sides of the ball next year.

I’m not gonna begrudge guys that played 4 seasons in college and then go to the pros, that at least helps our recruiting. Defense was gonna be a total rebuild anyways next year. Honestly, I am fearing the downgrade in talent on both sides of the ball next year.
No begrudging here. I'm pulling hard for the dude!

I don’t think people who express disappointment about dudes going pro are saying the same thing as about the dudes going to the portal. It’s more about regret the program didn’t do more with NFL prospects.

I don’t think people who express disappointment about dudes going pro are saying the same thing as about the dudes going to the portal. It’s more about regret the program didn’t do more with NFL prospects.
Yeah I haven't seen anyone express disappointment in any of our guys who are chasing their dreams.

Hell, I don't fault anyone for going portaling either. It sucks, because we are fans, but they're kids, and they're doing what they feel is best for their futures.

I don't really understand that. more points are always good and we could have won arguably the biggest game in school history with one successful trick play last year.

Having a potent offense likely makes deception more effective.
It's a fine line between trick play and some creativity. About every team we play pulls out 1-3 plays we aren't expecting and score or get a big gain. This is what Clawson needs in his arsenal. When the game was on the 4 yard line at Syracuse, a creative play Syracuse hadn't seen would have likely scored. Every similar situation in the past, it was the same scenario. Diversify the playbook inside the 20 and in close games.Hoping Currie makes this point to Clawson.

It's a fine line between trick play and some creativity. About every team we play pulls out 1-3 plays we aren't expecting and score or get a big gain. This is what Clawson needs in his arsenal. When the game was on the 4 yard line at Syracuse, a creative play Syracuse hadn't seen would have likely scored. Every similar situation in the past, it was the same scenario. Diversify the playbook inside the 20 and in close games.Hoping Currie makes this point to Clawson.
Agreed. Clemson is a powerhouse with great athletes and they run creative plays multiple times a game.

I guess Carson had some solid draft stock, but man the potential he and Holmes had as rookies sure seems very unfulfilled for the Deacs.

I guess Carson had some solid draft stock, but man the potential he and Holmes had as rookies sure seems very unfulfilled for the Deacs.
i don't disagree, but this was not a coaching issue. Both Carson and Holmes had a lot of injuries that kept them from fully developing. i am a big Carson fan, pretty indifferent about Holmes. He makes one decent play a month for Texas and doesnt start.

This entire season was filled with head-scratchers. It's almost like going to the doctor and he says "let's listen to your heart" and you finally have to tell him "it's on my left side, not right".
The main two head scratchers in my opinion was Griffis over Kern. Okay, maybe he showed it in camp. But then you start Santino against Pitt and he delivers one heckuva miracle pass for the win and you start Griffis the next game. WTF

Ph, don't you think some of Hartman leaving was he wasn't seeing the OL improve? I noticed he wasn't taking off and running out of pressure like he used to. This made me conclude he didn't want to risk another injury, like a broken leg
He got paid, he wanted a pro style offense to show what he could do and he was tired of RPO. Besides he gave us 5 great years.

Back