• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012 MLB POSTSEASON THREAD

nerds.jpg

It's ok, bluefish, with two games and dozens of decisions to make, I'm sure we'll be debating something tomorrow that will anger you and RJ! I wouldn't want a forced rant.

Wait, Lohse is pitching instead of Wainwright again? Good lord.

It's ok, bluefish, with two games and dozens of decisions to make, I'm sure we'll be debating something tomorrow that will anger you and RJ! I wouldn't want a forced rant.

Wait, Lohse is pitching instead of Wainwright again? Good lord.

Wainwright has to be a little rattled after getting smacked around by the Nats, no?

Wainwright has to be a little rattled after getting smacked around by the Nats, no?

Possibly, but he's still a really good pitcher, much better than Kyle Lohse.

If Cole or Cliff Lee had a rough outing, but the team made it to the next round, would you push them back to game 4 in the next series, setting up Kyle Kendrick for a possible game 7? (Wow, that just made me shudder.)

And of course as I post that he gets out of a two on jam, keeping the Giants at one run through four.

Possibly, but he's still a really good pitcher, much better than Kyle Lohse.

I'd double-check each pitcher's 2012 numbers before posting such a statement. Lohse has him beat in almost every category.

I'd double-check each pitcher's 2012 numbers before posting such a statement. Lohse has him beat in almost every category.

? I did. You would take Lohse over Wainwright?

Lohse wins in: ERA, wins, BB rate, HR/FB, BABIP, WHIP
Wainwright wins in: FIP, xFIP, K rate, HR rate, GB%, SIERA

And that's just using one year. Wainwright is roughly in line with his career numbers, Lohse has a career low ERA with the help of low BABIP numbers. Maybe that's sustainable, it seems like smoke and mirrors to me.

I mean, his line today: 5.2 IP, 7 H, 5 BB, 2 K, 1 ER < what is up with that?

Last edited:
Thank you, avalon. For you, I would try to recreate it, but somehow the passion has left me. It's a transitory thing. However, it was not anything to do with the dirty slide that sent me off. It was the nerdness, the stat-oriented cybermetric fantasy crap. See, avalon, and dawg too, I'm doing it again--just being nicer this time. It's a transitory thing.

--blue
compooter time at the old folks home!

The Yankees will have more payroll on the pine for this game than the Pirates entire roster! How can Granderson and Arod both sit...WTF Arod will be playing for the Dodgers next season....Mark it down

? I did. You would take Lohse over Wainwright?

Lohse wins in: ERA, wins, BB rate, HR/FB, BABIP, WHIP
Wainwright wins in: FIP, xFIP, K rate, HR rate, GB%, SIERA

And that's just using one year. Wainwright is roughly in line with his career numbers, Lohse has a career low ERA with the help of low BABIP numbers. Maybe that's sustainable, it seems like smoke and mirrors to me.

I mean, his line today: 5.2 IP, 7 H, 5 BB, 2 K, 1 ER < what is up with that?

remember Wainwright came off Tommy John, and struggled early in the year. He was great in June, July and August. You can argue he tired a little in September, but he is till better than Lohse.

The Cardinals win......Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Cardinals WIN !

I think RJ is just programmed to argue against whatever we say. This isn't even like a sabr stats thing, it's called playing platoon advantages which managers have done for 100+ years.

I just glimped at the baseball reference numbers and knew that Lohse is going to be in high demand this year on the free agency market. I'll go hide in the corner now and quit pretending like I know much about the NL.

A-Rod to the Marlins needs to happen. That team is already a joke - adding him would make it 10x more entertaining, especially with Ozzie at the helm.

Buster is reporting that GMs are telling him Arod would get a 1 year, $5M deal on the open market if he were just another FA. That seems like horseshit.

That's about right. He might get a little more but not a lot. His name alone will sell tickets early.

Miguel Tejada got a 1 yr/6.5 million deal from the Giants with worse offensive numbers but more defensive value at the same age.

Are the GMs Buster is talking to the ones that are interested in trading for ARod?

I'm saying he would get more guaranteed in dollars and years. You can take away all the upcoming milestone stuff in this fantasy exercise but you can't ignore his track record.

Back