• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2014 Midterm Election Discussion Thread

What's the impetus to lying about how long you waited to vote? People lie about income because it has to do with financial well-being, an area where people are known to lie.

Right. That's also the same way that we asked people how much income they had prior to the mortgage crash.

I seem to recall asking about "reliable" data, but if you want to publish graphs that purport to be "averages" (spoiler alert: not averages, since the respondents are self-selected, but carry on) in questions that amount to "We've told you you're being persecuted. How persecuted do you feel?" and draw your preferred conclusions, than there's clearly no stopping you.

So you're saying you would lie if someone asked you how long you had to wait to vote?

So you're saying you would lie if someone asked you how long you had to wait to vote?

"Do I have to use numbers? Because I don't believe in numbers. Numbers are for millennia....er....people born after me."

Such a leading question....

Approximately, how long did you have to wait in line to vote?
<1> Not at all
<2> Less than 10 minutes
<3> 10-30 minutes
<4> 31minutes - 1 hour
<5> More than 1 hour (please specify how long ____________________)
<6> Don't' know

(BTW, there were 60 questions across a variety of topics, so it's not like this study was all about wait times.)

Such a leading question....

(BTW, there were 60 questions across a variety of topics, so it's not like this study was all about wait times.)

Avalon...please, this would have required an actual good-faith effort to acquire the information to obtain. Keep your statistics to yourself.

What's the impetus to lying about how long you waited to vote? People lie about income because it has to do with financial well-being, an area where people are known to lie.

Were they asked before they went in to check the time and then again when they came out? Or is this all just guesswork? Or are we to assume that all voters have watches/phones and check the time regularly (but of course cannot be expected to have a valid ID)?

Were they asked before they went in to check the time and then again when they came out? Or is this all just guesswork? Or are we to assume that all voters have watches/phones and check the time regularly (but of course cannot be expected to have a valid ID)?

I recently did a survey with shoppers at a store and one of the questions was "How long were you in the store today?" It is a guesstimate on their part, but people are usually pretty good with time when it is under multiple hours. You know what feels like 15 minutes or longer.

It's why you know how long you've been sitting down at a restaurant and haven't gotten your food. "We ordered xx minutes ago, where is our food?"

Please refer back to numbers one and two of my post earlier today for help answering this question.

Even time hates black people. Damn.

Even time hates black people. Damn.

If anything black people waited longer in lines as they are accustom to black people time, where everything is 30-45 minutes later than its suppose to be (See opening kickoff/tip off Atlanta sports).

I'm as troubled as you are the some precincts got more hours to stay open than others, but I'm not sure that's what you're getting at. I guess the good news is that the turnout was high enough and that the system was flexible enough to accommodate the needs of the voters.

The persecution complex is strong lately. Early voting, absentee voting, regular election day. Life ain't this hard, guys.

#humblebrag

let's make a deal, all the liberals will stop playing the victim card over voter ID on the day when all the white evangelical christians stop crying victim and pretending there's a war on Christmas and that they're gonna be forced to be gay married.

let's make a deal, all the liberals will stop playing the victim card over voter ID on the day when all the white evangelical christians stop crying victim and pretending there's a war on Christmas and that they're gonna be forced to be gay married.

I'm in.

this is perfectly reasonable, but I would still like to force some people into getting gay married

I wonder if jhmd believes exit polls are illegal as well?

They are legal, just not reliable. Recording data in a polling place would be illegal, and asking a self-selected group of people to give their opinion about their experience---and then calling it average of the entire country---is also unreliable. But if you like the results, don't think too hard about it. Just stay persecuted. Feeling persecuted is kind of a plan, right?

Last edited:
Back