• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2023 Wake Forest Demon Deacons Football Thread

Perhaps I'm missing something, but Jones was not really ever in question.

ESPN just launched their returning production numbers -- the methodology is actually very simple, mostly just based on returning % of basic stats (passing yards, rushing yards, receiving yards, offensive line snaps, tackles, PBUs and sacks. Unsurprisingly, we don't fare too well.

Overall, we are 112 (out of 133) - 52% returning production
We are 117th on offense, with 46% returning production
We are 75th on defense, with 59% returning production

That puts us 12th in the ACC, ahead of Virginia and Pitt. FSU is #1 nationally,

The only reason Chase Jones can return is because of the covid year of eligibility

FSU is gonna get hella hype this year, perhaps actually warranted? We will see how that goes down.

FSU is gonna get hella hype this year, perhaps actually warranted? We will see how that goes down.

Yeah, they open with LSU in Orlando over Labor Day weekend and then play at Clemson three weeks later. They should blow through the rest of their schedule though. At Wake might be the toughest remaining game, but we'll see what we've got this fall.

I can't tell you how disgusted I am that they are playing FCS North Alabama the week before Thanksgiving. I will be going to Twitter to scream into the void.

Yeah, they open with LSU in Orlando over Labor Day weekend and then play at Clemson three weeks later. They should blow through the rest of their schedule though. At Wake might be the toughest remaining game, but we'll see what we've got this fall.

I can't tell you how disgusted I am that they are playing FCS North Alabama the week before Thanksgiving. I will be going to Twitter to scream into the void.
Select SEC opponents the week before Thanksgiving:

Bama - Chattanooga
Arkansas - Florida International
Auburn - NM State
LSU - Georgia State
Ole Miss - UL-Monroe
Texas A&M - Abilene Christian

I guess the endzone font is slightly different?

Yeah, we have the block lettering in there. I don't mind the block lettering, but I'm still struggling with the clash with the serif WF -- just not sure you can do a block WF and have it look cool. My main problem with our bball unis is the big traditional WF on the shorts, just not sure it works in relation to the other stuff, but I'm weird.

surprised no Strutting Deacon. has it officially replaced the Deacon Head?

Bama - Chattanooga
Auburn - NM State
LSU - Georgia State
Ole Miss - UL-Monroe
yeah man that's the joke

the better follow-up joke would be to point out UGA playing FCS-adjacent Georgia Tech that weekend

We need Nike to Jordan Brand the Strutting Deac and give us our own line of shit with the Deac in place of the Jumpman.
we recently bought a Deacon Head sticker for our car from the Deacon Shop in the mall...don't recall a strutting Deac sticker. it's way better quality than the one we got from Camel City Goods, which peeled off after only a few months. This one is an actual window decal.

Bama - Chattanooga
Auburn - NM State
LSU - Georgia State
Ole Miss - UL-Monroe
Unfair to loop Georgia State in there with the rest

Glad that they got close to matching to the Yellow Khaki on the uniforms and not the ancient old gold that no longer matches anything.

I wish Demon Deacons was in one of the end zones so it made it on tv now and then. College fans everywhere tend to like our nickname.

Back