• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

sd3 - there is a World Cup pool after all. $25/entry. Winner take all unless it gets to a certain number of people and then it pays off 1st and 2nd. two parts. pick the winner/runner-up for each group. then fill out the bracket once the knockout stage starts.

let me know if interested and I'll send you the link in PM

Group A
Winner: Netherlands
Runner-up: Senegal

Group B
Winner: England
Runner-up: United States

Group C
Winner: Argentina
Runner-up: Poland

Group D
Winner: Denmark
Runner-up: France

Group E
Winner: Spain
Runner-up: Germany

Group F
Winner: Morocco
Runner-up: Belgium

Group G
Winner: Brazil
Runner-up: Serbia

Group H
Winner: Portugal
Runner-up: Korea Republic

sd3 - there is a World Cup pool after all. $25/entry. Winner take all unless it gets to a certain number of people and then it pays off 1st and 2nd. two parts. pick the winner/runner-up for each group. then fill out the bracket once the knockout stage starts.

let me know if interested and I'll send you the link in PM
lol -and now I just got an email about the pool that you were talking about a few days ago. Anyone is welcome to join this one if you fee like gambling a bit. As sd3 said, he won a couple grand last WC!
copy/paste job:

Greetings everyone,

Apologies that this is coming up a little late in the game - the winter start of the tournament and busy work schedule caught me a bit off guard. Nonetheless, a World Cup pool is still on. This year will be a different format, over 3 phases giving multiple chances to win:

Phase 1
Make your predictions for the group stage:
1. Teams making it out of each group - 3 points for each correct answer.
2. Teams scoring or allowing the most goals - 6 points for each correct answer.
3. Predict the World Cup Champion - 25 points for correct answer.

Phase 2
When the Round of 16 is set, I will send out another form or bracket for you to fill out to predict the outcome the rest of the way - 5 points for each correct answer

Phase 3
Once the finals are set, I will send out another form asking you to predict a number of props for the final matches (consolation and final). Scoring tbd.

$50 per entry. As it's a bit late, I'll be accepting entries through each team's first game, with a Friday, November 25 cutoff. The top 10% of entries will get their money back, with top prize taking home approximately half, and a special prize for the winner of Phase 3 on its own.

5% will go to charity.

Link for pool submission can be found at: https://forms.gle/PjFA1VNeznk8ra7T8

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD TO ANYONE WHO MAY BE INTERESTED.

If you have questions, please reach out to me. Enjoy the games and good luck to all!!!

we actually have talented players gifted with technical abilities that rival top nations now... so why the fuck would we play a guy that works really hard but cant even settle a 25 yard pass? he's shite as a footballer.

I love the idea of Reyna as a false 9 and pushing our wingers (Puli and Weah) up higher to suck in the CBs and hit them on the wings, but Berhalter won't ever move away from his decided tactics because he's a shit manager that can't adjust.
I have low expectations for this World Cup but that is only because I don't trust the manager. I think our talent is good enough for R16 or QF.
Agree with all of this other than the Sargent slander, he's not as poor as you suggest

GGG is going to start Ferreira precisely for the reason you lay out as to why you want Reyna to play as a false 9. He likes that Ferreira will drop a little deeper to link up play and create space for the wingers to get in behind. The issue as noted by everyone is that this means that only one of Reyna, Weah and Aaronson can play in the front 3. GGG is playing his 4-3-3 with MMA in the midfield and has never before used any of Reyna, Weah or Aaronson as a false 9.
PLAY YOUR BEST GUYS

saw a reddit rumor about a five man backline for the Wales game

would be a great way to even further not PLAY YOUR BEST GUYS

Have we ever played a 5 man backline? That sounds like #fakenews to me.

Pretty sure it was Ives that assumed since Dest paused his interview today when asked about tactics, he thought it meant Tim Weah at RB since Lille played him there two weeks ago.

Quite the stretch IMO

I wouldn't hate that if the other Robinson was still healthy and on the roster, but he's not so that would be a horrendous idea.
But I love a back 3 with wing-backs...

Pretty sure it was Ives that assumed since Dest paused his interview today when asked about tactics, he thought it meant Tim Weah at RB since Lille played him there two weeks ago.

Quite the stretch IMO

For comparison Wahl teased earlier this week he's hearing Weah has been reps at the 9

Depay out for at least the first match and Lukaku out at least the first two. Think there are a handful of other top players in similar spots. Kind of crazy the US is almost 100% given how often injuries have kept us from finding a starting 11.

Anybody else ready to pry their eyeballs out and cram them into your ears?

Is this the thread for every match? Or just the US group?

Another way to phrase my question, is this the place for in depth analysis of the Qatari formation and how it relates to potential human rights abuses?

Back