• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ohio State Somali Knife Wielder Confirmed To Be Terrorist

Not saying it's the whole story, but I think assassinating Anwar Al-Awlaki was counter-productive. A bad propagandist is most effective at his work as a martyr.

I only don't want to hear explanations from the true morons on this board, like simos or thereff.

I have tolerated your tomfoolery for the past, oh, dozen+ years? What makes you think I don't want to hear from Catamount?

First of all, I have graced you with my so-called tomfoolery. I should put a pay wall up for my stuff. Trump may have some excess materiel I can get on the cheap. Enjoy it now while it''s still free.
Second, this tangent on dylan Roof is about as relevant to the Somali refugee stabbing spree as ted roof. So cliche it hurts.

I am not saying anyone has moral superiority. I'm saying it's false to think you have the market cornered on it

Where did you get "I have the market cornered on it"? I freely admit I don't know anything. In fact, half of my act is pointing out to others the absurdity of thinking you DO know anything.

I have zero moral authority. Neither do you. That's my point.

Like on this thread, where it couldn't have less relevance.

Skin color does tend to matter in how the media covers something like this.

When the killer is white he/she is often labeled as a "lone wolf" or "disturbed", "crazy", and almost always carrying out things on their own volition.
When the killer is a person of color, they are labeled as "radicalized" or "terrorist", "fully aware of their thoughts and actions". and sought out to represent an entire religion instead of just acting alone.

I think this is what many are touching on in this thread (before it got derailed, shockingly).

Where did you get "I have the market cornered on it"? I freely admit I don't know anything. In fact, half of my act is pointing out to others the absurdity of thinking you DO know anything.

I have zero moral authority. Neither do you. That's my point.

Not you. I think we're missing each other on this. The left thinks they have the market cornered.

Deacs89, have you ever heard of the Moral Majority?

"I was kind of scared with everything going on in the media. I'm a Muslim, it's not what media portrays me to be," he told the newspaper. "If people look at me, a Muslim praying, I don't know what they're going to think, what's going to happen. But I don't blame them. It's the media that put that picture in their heads."

99.99999% of the time, nothing is going to happen. Stop making a big fucking deal out of your religion and just quietly practice it.

"I was kind of scared with everything going on in the media. I'm a Muslim, it's not what media portrays me to be," he told the newspaper. "If people look at me, a Muslim praying, I don't know what they're going to think, what's going to happen. But I don't blame them. It's the media that put that picture in their heads."

99.99999% of the time, nothing is going to happen. Stop making a big fucking deal out of your religion and just quietly practice it.

No ruling necessary.

what would be the point of that?

One of my best friends in college was a Muslim. He'd bust out the prayer rug every day and do his thing. You know how white and black people handled it? You know how Hispanics handled it? Rednecks, Asians, jocks, outcasts, etc.? They minded their own fucking business. I'm so sick and tired of the media and social media warriors sensationalizing the prejudices in our country.

One of my best friends in college was a Muslim. He'd bust out the prayer rug every day and do his thing. You know how white and black people handled it? You know how Hispanics handled it? Rednecks, Asians, jocks, outcasts, etc.? They minded their own fucking business. I'm so sick and tired of the media and social media warriors sensationalizing the prejudices in our country.

You and 305 Electors.

This is evenly applied right? I think the same thing about the "War on Christmas." For instance, if someone makes a big fucking deal because their cashier says "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Birthday to our Risen Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." Can't you just quietly practice your religion?

Back