• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

I’m pretty sure the TSA agent just dumped water in my bag after I questioned whether an IPad was a large electronic.

My wife forgot to renew her PreCheck.

Avelo Airlines is starting service from Wilmington, Delaware to five destinations in Florida. The do a la carte pricing. So ticket cost, ticket booking fee, checked bag fee, carry-on fee, seat selection fee, etc.

Avelo Airlines is starting service from Wilmington, Delaware to five destinations in Florida. The do a la carte pricing. So ticket cost, ticket booking fee, checked bag fee, carry-on fee, seat selection fee, etc.
Why would you want to go to Wilmington delaware

On my CLT - SAN flight last week, the flight attendants did not get up and start service for main cabin until we were over Oklahoma due to turbulence. It was almost 2 hours. Meanwhile, I'm sitting in Main Cabin Extra boozeless while first class is being served multiple drinks in glasses and a full plated dinner. I get that the beverage carts can be dangerous in extreme turbulence, but this was fairly moderate, and I'm somewhat confident the FAs just didn't want to work.

And on the LAX - CLT flight home, we had to wait at the gate upon arrival for a woman to be hauled off the plane by police/airline personnel. Apparently she was sick and kept locking herself in the bathroom for multiple 20 min stretches with here carry on bag (against FAA rules), and wouldn't comply with the FAs when they told here to come out. Also, the FA sitting in the jumpseat beside mine was a 9.5/10 former FSU volleyball player.

I do not appreciate the advent of basic economy fares on transatlantic flights. and how now Comfort+ fares are a lot more than regular economy when it used to be a nominal fee when selecting your seat.

On my CLT - SAN flight last week, the flight attendants did not get up and start service for main cabin until we were over Oklahoma due to turbulence. It was almost 2 hours. Meanwhile, I'm sitting in Main Cabin Extra boozeless while first class is being served multiple drinks in glasses and a full plated dinner. I get that the beverage carts can be dangerous in extreme turbulence, but this was fairly moderate, and I'm somewhat confident the FAs just didn't want to work.

And on the LAX - CLT flight home, we had to wait at the gate upon arrival for a woman to be hauled off the plane by police/airline personnel. Apparently she was sick and kept locking herself in the bathroom for multiple 20 min stretches with here carry on bag (against FAA rules), and wouldn't comply with the FAs when they told here to come out. Also, the FA sitting in the jumpseat beside mine was a 9.5/10 former FSU volleyball player.
Just popping in to say that despite knowing that I am not going to die on a plane, I absolutely hate turbulence and fear for my life with each bump. Of course when they don't serve booze, that takes away my only crutch. Brutal

Just popping in to say that despite knowing that I am not going to die on a plane, I absolutely hate turbulence and fear for my life with each bump. Of course when they don't serve booze, that takes away my only crutch. Brutal
Same. Here's another fun one from the LAX - CLT flight. Overall a very pleasant flight thus far, until somewhere over western TN, the lead FA comes on somewhat franticly and says "Everyone please take your seats immediately and fasten your seat belts, we've just been informed we're expecting some severe turbulence over the next several minutes. This is the type of turbulence that can cause serious injury if you're not seated and strapped in."

Ended up being nothing but a few minor bumps. Wasn't sure whether to be pleased with the pilot for navigating things so well, or annoyed with the FA for unnecessarily causing a mild panic in the cabin

Same. Here's another fun one from the LAX - CLT flight. Overall a very pleasant flight thus far, until somewhere over western TN, the lead FA comes on somewhat franticly and says "Everyone please take your seats immediately and fasten your seat belts, we've just been informed we're expecting some severe turbulence over the next several minutes. This is the type of turbulence that can cause serious injury if you're not seated and strapped in."

Ended up being nothing but a few minor bumps. Wasn't sure whether to be pleased with the pilot for navigating things so well, or annoyed with the FA for unnecessarily causing a mild panic in the cabin
uggh..when the FA's freak out, that's usually a bad sign.
Coming back from Bermuda a few years back, FA comes over the speaker before we take off and says "we're going to be able to get ya'll home today, but we just flew through severe turbulence the entire way here so we need everyone to stay seated and there will be no service throughout"
Wheew boy, she wasn't kidding.

I do not appreciate the advent of basic economy fares on transatlantic flights. and how now Comfort+ fares are a lot more than regular economy when it used to be a nominal fee when selecting your seat.

It’s probably because at least half of comfort+ Isn’t even paid for. Auto upgrade as soon as you book a flight for platinum status or above.

It’s probably because at least half of comfort+ Isn’t even paid for. Auto upgrade as soon as you book a flight for platinum status or above.
Yeah I guess now that I’m actually having to buy two tickets without one covered by work I am complaining more.

I last flew in a prop plane in 2011 from Key West to Miami on American. This thing looked like a WWII level passenger plane and flew like one too.

last prop plane we did was Porter Airlines from Dulles to Toronto to Montreal. that was p nice actually. free booze and snacks and the airport in Toronto they use is on an island right downtown. and it's like one big lounge with free food and drinks. highly recommend if going to Canada.

I took large prop plane from Spokane to Seattle on Alaska Airlines a few years ago. That was a good flight and they served really good beer.

Any prop plane you would fly commercially would almost certainly be a turboprop, which is a jet (turbine) engine that drives a propeller as opposed to a typical piston engine..other than general size, there isn't really a safety difference. Turbo props are more efficient at lower altitudes than traditional jet engines, this are better suited for shorter flights (which is why they are typically used in puddle jumpers)

Back