• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

70% of gun deaths each year are suicides

i mean, the FDA made pharma companies start to use blister packages to making it aggravating to open pill packages in an effort to reduce suicides by. seems like republicans could at least try to give a shit about Americans on this issue

I don't know if Brian Mast will get primaried, but he has a tough Dem challenger in a district that was represented by a Dem in the two terms before 2016.

A week ago:

GOP Rep. Brian Mast On Florida School Shooting

MARTIN: Does it trouble you at all, may I ask, that the shooter used an AR-15 rifle? Do you think it's time for an assault weapons ban?

MAST: Well, AR doesn't stand for assault rifle. And it's a big conversation that we could have. You know, what is it? Is it the caliber of rifle? Is it the caliber of the shotgun? Is it a rifle, is it a pistol? Is it magazine capacity? And I think there is absolutely room to talk about every single bit of this, but it shouldn't be glazed over as though it's just the most simple of conversations.

Hand guns will never be banned so why waste your breath

For the record arming teachers is a bad idea

Another thought about the cop who let the Parkland kids get slaughtered, Scot Peterson (another horrible person named "Scott" Peterson?).

One of the thing advocates of LEOs in school say is having a cop at the school will deter shooters. Cruz was a student at that school. He knew there was a cop stationed at the school. He shot it up anyway, because that's the school he wanted to target.

Saw this meme pop up.

OK, so here we go. I think there should be legal recourse to seize Johnathan Martin's guns because he directly threatened a school, a business, and two individuals directly as well as threatening to commit suicide. He's clearly a threat to others and himself.

Can I get some agreement on this?

OK, so here we go. I think there should be legal recourse to seize Johnathan Martin's guns because he directly threatened a school, a business, and two individuals directly as well as threatening to commit suicide. He's clearly a threat to others and himself.

so now we're punishing law abiding citizens? i don't see a threat just a picture of a gun and some bad poetry

Yes, but only because he's black.

This will be the interesting outcome. Because gun nuts on here have threatened to murder anyone coming to take their guns. I really doubt crazy gun owners are going to just accept that they are crazy and them over.

Back