• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

Wrote to my rep, and got this response:

"Hey thanks for your email. I remain strongly opposed to SB2. I have some confidence that the House doesn't currently have the support for override."

Hopefully that's the case.

They've backed off saying when an override attempt would occur. They had said the House would vote on Wednesday, now they're saying they may wait...meaning they're not confident they have the votes right now to override.

I wonder what the record is for number of laws struck down by a single legislature?

150609_MarcoRubio_LiberalMediaAlert_Share.gif

Kudos to McCrory, but at this point he must realize (1) he is the only one of these fools who has to run statewide, so he needs to veto crazy bills or else he'll lose in 2016 and (2) Berger et al don't care if he wins in 2016, and in fact may prefer that he loses, so McCrory shouldn't GAF when he pisses them off.

Still not that many GOP Governors who have vetoed anti-gay legislation. Jan Brewer (!?!) vetoed the religious freedom law in AZ. McCrory's another. Pence destroyed his career. Jindal issued an executive order (and pissed off business) after his legislature shut him down.

What exactly are they dismantling ... a public university system whose flagship institution simply makes up classes when it feels like it? It would appear as though some changes are necessary.

How did people get it in their heads that college campuses are a threat to conservatives? I don't recall taking Intro to Being a CommieLib at any point in my college career?

How did people get it in their heads that college campuses are a threat to conservatives? I don't recall taking Intro to Being a CommieLib at any point in my college career?

That's how they get you.

Counties with large college campuses almost exclusively vote democrat. This seems like a nationwide movement by the Republican party to discourage the next generations of students from attending the larger flagship state schools, and to discourage BA degrees.

Counties with large college campuses almost exclusively vote democrat. This seems like a nationwide movement by the Republican party to discourage the next generations of students from attending the larger flagship state schools, and to discourage BA degrees.

Basically. Of course, there is even more blatant evidence of this such as removing polling locations for college campuses and prohibiting students from using their college ID or college address to register and vote.

Yeah, seems like the Republicans would rather we just just not vote.

923, I'm missing something on your chart. Are the lines college graduates or non-college graduates?

Back