• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Looks like the White House will drag its feet on releasing the Dem memo. Shocking.

Do any of you Trump apologists ever think that maybe this guy is completely full of shit? Do you get conned like this in other areas of your life?

Looks like the White House will drag its feet on releasing the Dem memo. Shocking.

Do any of you Trump apologists ever think that maybe this guy is completely full of shit? Do you get conned like this in other areas of your life?

I'm sure he will act on the recommendations of the guy he wants to fire, another guy he wants to fire, and the attorneys he doesn't listen to...

You put information in an explanatory footnote that is not central to the argument, not particularly relevant or important. They hid the information under some general innocuous terminology in the footnote, when they had exact accurate knowledge of who ordered and paid for the Steele dossier. They were "not volunteering information" - to put it in Watergate terms - for the judge. The whole footnote business was to cover their asses, which is what they continue to do to this day. They were being deliberately unforthcoming and ultimately dishonest with the judge in order to get the warrant. The political bias of Steele is one thing, the political biases of the agents and the DoJ - or perhaps the judge - is another matter to consider.

This whole matter is difficult to evaluate without a lot more detail about the FISA court, its role in this matter, and the whole surveillance of Carter Page.

Bullshit. Footnotes are absolutely used as a very standard means to attribute credit to the source of information being presented. What high school graduate does not know that? What the fuck do you teach? I mean it. What is it that you are qualified to teach?

Bullshit. Footnotes are absolutely used as a very standard means to attribute credit to the source of information being presented. What high school graduate does not know that? What the fuck do you teach? I mean it. What is it that you are qualified to teach?

do you understand the word explanatory? apparently not

Do you understand that I asked you, “What do you teach?”. Are you embarrassed to just admit that you teach English language classes?

At this point, sailor’s Brain is so addled that he couldn’t teach his fellow tenants at the assisted living facility how to wipe their ass.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/wrote-hundreds-warrants-heres-nunez-memo-troubling/

That said, the principles governing FISA warrants are, at bottom, no different from those that apply to warrants in more mundane criminal cases. For a warrant to be granted, an affiant must present to an impartial magistrate sufficient proof that a person is involved in criminal activity, and that an intrusion on the target’s constitutional rights, whether through a search or surveillance, is called for.

It has long been my practice to use informants sparingly. As many police officers have learned too late, if you use an informant long enough, it’s only a matter of time until he embarrasses you.

The rule to observe is simple: Never trust an informant completely, no matter how reliable he may have been in the past or how juicy his current tip may be.

It was Steele, the former MI6 agent who, according to the Nunes Memo, provided the basis for the FISA warrant targeting Carter Page. As a former intelligence officer, Steele would be familiar with the language needed to arouse interest in the FBI, and his credentials may have lent him more credibility than his information should have been accorded. Indeed, as Andrew McCarthy points out at National Review Online, Steele was not the actual informant for the FISA warrant. Rather, he was the purveyor of hearsay information supplied to him by other unknown and untested informants.

Such information is insufficient for a finding of probable cause absent corroboration.

But in the case of a FISA warrant, there is no expectation of a court challenge.

Indeed, there is no expectation that the warrant’s very existence will be known to anyone outside a small circle in the FBI and the Justice Department. There was thus no need to use obfuscating terms like “political entity” in describing the origins of the Steele dossier, unless people in the FBI and the Justice Department were concerned that the warrant would not be granted if the full truth about its underlying information were known to the judge.

We don’t know what other sources and information were included in the filings do we? Isn’t that the entire argument that releasing the GOP memo with cherry picked facts was dumb? I mean if these were the best facts in support of the warrant being fraudulently obtained through misrepresentation...woof

Releasing the application is great but let’s not pretend like it would stop the right from making inane arguments even with the text right in front of them. I mean Nunes went with “the info wasn’t there. Well it was there but in footnotes” and sailor came in full guns blazing in agreement with this idiocy spouting off some nonsense about “footnotes don’t constitute voluntary information.”

Releasing the application is great but let’s not pretend like it would stop the right from making inane arguments even with the text right in front of them. I mean Nunes went with “the info wasn’t there. Well it was there but in footnotes” and sailor came in full guns blazing in agreement with this idiocy spouting off some nonsense about “footnotes don’t constitute voluntary information.”

I hope that you were not trying to quote me because if you were, you failed to be even close to accurate or honest, even though my post was right under your nose

everybody would have an easier time wiping their ass if you would just get your tongue out of the way

Nice attempt at a retort. Its a shame reality told you to fuck off. At this point, even your insults don't make sense.

Maybe you should sit the next few plays out. Or just keep posting stuff that confirms you are a huge gaping twat of hypocrisy. Fine by me either way.

release the whole application and what the judge said

Fine. Oh and let’s hear from all the key players, up to and including the president, and straighten all this out!

Based on their actions so far, it should turn out just fine for them

Back