• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

If the FBI were intentionally misleading the FISA Judge why would you include a footnote at all? I’ll hang up and listen

To clarify: affirmatively providing knowledge anywhere in a court filing certainly qualifies as volunteering information.

If the FBI were intentionally misleading the FISA Judge why would you include a footnote at all? I’ll hang up and listen

It is possible that sailor and his information sources have no idea what they are talking about and especially have no idea how the FISA court works.

I thought you hung up? WTF is going on here?

Deep State volunteered information about how to stay on the line.

I don't know about other issues, but Sailor definitely doesn't seem to grasp the use of footnotes in legal filings.

"I'm sorry your honor - I didn't respond to everything counsel set forth because I didn't read the footnotes."

Oh okay

Can sailor provide more horseshit opinions about how legal writing is accomplished? I can't get enough of it.

At least we know something else he doesn't teach.

This is the peaceful time for the board’s where the crazy failures that were forced to leave this country for Eastern Europe are asleep recharging their abilities to type nonsensical ramblings while failing to understand why they are mocked.

The downside as we sleep the last post on each thread slowly bump by inane nonsensical ramblings to greet us as we wake. The solution being of possible mods can we block all foreign IP address from posting between the hours of 12-9 EST please.

Republicans concede key FBI 'footnote' in Carter Page warrant

So the political motivation behind the dossier was disclosed in the FISA application. Good job everyone.

buried in the footnotes

Truth. My understanding though is that the documents in the FISA process included in a footnote regarding the partisan funding of the dossier and that Nunes is now going all “well who reads the footnotes anyways” on us to cover his (or the GOP’s) own negligence and misrepresentation.

this thing with the footnotes is hilarious.

Wait, they actually went with my joke?

“Nunes was asked about this on Fox & Friends. He did not deny the point. Instead he insisted that it wasn’t good enough because the disclosure was merely a footnote. “A footnote saying something may be political is a far cry from letting the American people know that the Democrats and the Hillary campaign paid for dirt that the FBI then used to get a warrant on an American citizen to spy on another campaign,” the distinguished Republican explained.”

Of course the issue isn’t whether the American people knew. It’s about whether they disclosed the information in the FISA process. More misdirection from a guy who seems pretty dumb.

Just so we are clear, if crimes or unethical behavior are discovered in the course of opposition political research, that information shouldn’t be handed over to investigative bodies for processing? What if they found out he fucked a little kid or stole old ladies’ retirements or sold arms to gangs? No good because Hillary hired a PI to find it?

Last edited:
Well it’s also comical because the right ignores that the GOP initially funded the research. Aside from whether it’s appropriate for partisan funded research uncovering potentially illegal information should be turned over to investigative bodies

Just so we are clear, if crimes or unethical behavior are discovered in the course of opposition political research, that information shouldn’t be handed over to investigative bodies for processing? What if they found out he fucked a little kid or stole old ladies’ retirements or sold arms to gangs? No good because Hillary hired a PI to find it?

Killary*

Right, I’m just responding to the new position Nunes and the righty echo chamber are staking out and rubes are buying, like its the rules of a reality TV show or something

Yeah this point is getting lost in this ridiculous debate. Even if Steele was Mr. Democrat McPartisan, if he uncovered legitimate evidence of serious crimes by a Presidential candidate, then it would be a dereliction of duty by the judicial system to ignore it because of the source of the information. Sure it would be prudent to consider the political source and you probably want to verify everything through other sources but you can't just throw the info in the trash.

And Christopher Steele was no partisan hack either. He's a former MI6 agent and expert on Russia who was responsible for taking down Sepp Blatter and FIFA. He was also considered a very credible source by the FBI and intelligence community. And he didn't even know who was financing the project.

Last edited:
Yeah this point is getting lost in this ridiculous debate. Even if Steele was Mr. Democrat McPartisan, if he uncovered legitimate evidence of serious crimes by a Presidential candidate, then it would be a dereliction of duty by the judicial system to ignore it because of the source of the information. Sure it would be prudent to consider the political source and you probably want to verify everything through other sources but you can't just throw the info in the trash.

And Christopher Steele was no partisan hack either. He's a former MI6 agent and expert on Russia who was responsible for taking down Sepp Blatter and FIFA. He was also considered a very credible source by the FBI and intelligence community. And he didn't even know who was financing the project.

Meh, footnote.

Back