• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pacquiao-Marquez III

And I wanted Paq to win BTW... Marquez controlled the fight! I wish it weren't so, but it happened!

You just said you didn't watch the fight because it was freezing up. What the fuck? Marquez won the fight. I was pulling for Pacquiao because I want that matchup with Mayweather but hells bells... Marquez was launching on Pacquiao all night. I feel bad for Marquez... that was his moment in the sun and he got screwed by a completely corrupt sport.

I watched the first nine rounds before giving up. He was not "launching" on him. It was incrfedibly close.

If you don't hurt the champ and don't dominate, you don't deserve to beat the champ.

I do agree, that there is no way that Manny should have won 8-4 in rounds.

If you win the fight by any margin you deserve to win the fight, surely?

Regretting not watching this one, but I was so dead to the world. Guess I'll have to wait a few weeks until HBO has it on TV.

Boxing is destroying itself with crap like this. It seems almost every big fight has crap on it. Mayweathers last fight was won with basically a sucker punch and last night the fix was in, who wants to shell out PPV money for that crap?
The UFC fight was too short last night, but it was real and it was decisive which almost all UFC fights are. Watching all the stuff on Frazier this past week reminded me how good boxing used to be and how bad it is now.

Pacquiao won the fight. It was close but Manny threw and landed more punches. The butt is the only reason it was as close as it was. I thought Manny won by 3 rounds.

What Marquez did to Pac is exactly why I said that he will lose to Mayweather! Counter puncher always will pick this guy apart, and Pac isn't as dominant as some "posters" think. Look forward to this May fight coming up!! What are some people going to say after Mayweather wins this fight? It probably has something to do with Floyd running away from Amir Khan!!

After watching Pacquiao's performance last night, there is no way he beats Mayweather. (as much as i want to see floyd get his ass beat!)

Manny had foot cramps. Who knows if he'll beat Mayweather- it's only gonna happen if Mayweather gets the courage to fight him.
Pacquiao’s cramps puzzled head trainer Freddie Roach and conditioning coach Alex Ariza. Roach said Pacquiao will be tested in the coming weeks in an attempt to identify the cause of the problem.

“It was difficult for Manny,” Roach said. “His in-and-out motion was affected and he was coming in flatfooted. The pain started in his arches and then spread up to his calf. It is something that we really have to figure out and we will get advice on it.

“This has happened in his last two fights and we want to get it fixed. We are not making excuses.”

Marquez is the only guy in the past decade who has had any success with Manny. Like any other sport, sometimes there is one guy who can give a superstar problems whne no one else can.

You can't extrapolate this to Mayweather. This is especially true given how deathly afraid of Manny Mayweather hs been.

What Marquez did to Pac is exactly why I said that he will lose to Mayweather! Counter puncher always will pick this guy apart, and Pac isn't as dominant as some "posters" think. Look forward to this May fight coming up!! What are some people going to say after Mayweather wins this fight? It probably has something to do with Floyd running away from Amir Khan!!

Pick apart? He won the fight and had there not been an incidental head-butt that cut him, he may have been able to dominate the fight. At no point in time did Marquez have him edged in the fight. To say he was picked apart is laughable at best.

Marquez is the only guy in the past decade who has had any success with Manny. Like any other sport, sometimes there is one guy who can give a superstar problems whne no one else can.

You can't extrapolate this to Mayweather. This is especially true given how deathly afraid of Manny Mayweather hs been.

Mayweather would certainly give Manny issues with the way he runs and throws about 8 punches a round. Manny is a brawler who throws over a hundred punches a round. It's a contrast of styles which very well could play into Floyd's strategy. I just can't speak so much on Floyd since his only fight in a year and a half was against a guy that both Manny or JMM would knock out in less than 3 rounds. Personally, I'd like to see Manny fight JMM again in May which I would most certainly attend.

Khan vs. Floyd would be a good fight. Or even the winner of Margarita-Cotto.

It's very, very, very rare for a fighter to beat someone he is deathly afaid of and Mayweather is definitely afraid of Manny.

You have to be bandwagonboy...only not funny.

You have to be bandwagonboy...only not funny.

Give it a rest!! Marquez beat the hell out of Pac and was robbed!!....Majority people that watched the fight will tell you that Marquez won!.....and some of the same "posters" still seem to think that this guy will beat Floyd is laughable!....and I'm "bray336"

Give it a rest!! Marquez beat the hell out of Pac and was robbed!!....Majority people that watched the fight will tell you that Marquez won!.....and some of the same "posters" still seem to think that this guy will beat Floyd is laughable!....and I'm "bray336"

Every boxing writer I have read said Pacman won the fight. Not by much but he did enough to win. What did Marquez do to win? Not get knocked out? Cause he didn't land more punches, power punches or throw more punches?

and the 12th round meant alot and there is no question Manny won that round as Marquez threw 2 punches.

and I don't think Bob Arum is off base with the racist comments. Floyd's comments were basically the same thing that Fuzzy Zoeller said years ago with the exception that Floyd continues to make them.

Last edited:
I would like to see the breakdown of steps taken forward vs backwards. Marquez probably had a 1 to 20 ratio.

Perhaps he should have sucker punched him!!!! That "seems" to be your baseline for a win!

I agree. Marquez is suited to Pacquiao's style. He's a great counter-puncher and had Pacquiao off balance all night. Give Pacquiao Merryweather and it could be and entirely different kind of fight.

stonevilleicetea;420245[B said:
]Every boxing writer I have read said Pacman won the fight.[/B] Not by much but he did enough to win. What did Marquez do to win? Not get knocked out? Cause he didn't land more punches, power punches or throw more punches?

and the 12th round meant alot and there is no question Manny won that round as Marquez threw 2 punches.

and I don't think Bob Arum is off base with the racist comments. Floyd's comments were basically the same thing that Fuzzy Zoeller said years ago with the exception that Floyd continues to make them.

"Some ringside observers had a draw (ESPN, Boxing News, Telegraph), others (Las Vegas Sun, USA Today, Wall Street Journal) had Marquez winning in the third fight between the pair." From British newspaper the telegraph who had it as a draw. I haven't heard anyone say manny won. I've heard draw of jmm barely won. JMM fought a poor 12th round which cost him.

Mayweather gets results. He's a douche, yet he's technically razor sharp.

Back