• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Preseason Practice Reports

Any word yet on when Stan's radio show with Coach Claw will air? Likely sometime around 8/26 with the 8/28 opening game at ULM.

Looks okay. Will play some DT.

Wait.........Lamot ran the 110 hurdles in HS. Now he's playing DT?
Has he gained 50 lbs in the past 2 years?
If so and he's kept his speed, he could be very disruptive.

Phil Haynes enrolled at Wake today. Claw asked him to reclassify as a 14. He finished his last class this week and graduated.

Listed below is a basketball recruiting brief on him.

Phillip Haynes, 2015 6’6 PF (plays in VA but from Knightdale) – Everything about Phillip is BIG. He looks like an offensive lineman out on the floor and is hard to stop down in the paint. He has better than expected skills, good feet for his size, and a soft touch. He can also flatten you in a heartbeat if he chooses to as he powers his way past just about everyone he comes up against. He is not going to win any dunk contests anytime soon but that’s ok by him. He’d rather kill you with the body blows than dunk on your head anyways. Football is where his future lies as he has already committed to Wake Forest to play Defensive End

He is listed on the Wake website as 260 pounds. His 247 recruiting page lists him at 200 pounds.

Phil Haynes enrolled at Wake today. Claw asked him to reclassify as a 14. He finished his last class this week and graduated.

Listed below is a basketball recruiting brief on him.

Phillip Haynes, 2015 6’6 PF (plays in VA but from Knightdale) – Everything about Phillip is BIG. He looks like an offensive lineman out on the floor and is hard to stop down in the paint. He has better than expected skills, good feet for his size, and a soft touch. He can also flatten you in a heartbeat if he chooses to as he powers his way past just about everyone he comes up against. He is not going to win any dunk contests anytime soon but that’s ok by him. He’d rather kill you with the body blows than dunk on your head anyways. Football is where his future lies as he has already committed to Wake Forest to play Defensive End

I'm really looking forward to seeing Mr. Haynes slam dunk some running backs............

I'm really looking forward to seeing Mr. Haynes slam dunk some running backs............

Asking him to reclassify, take the one additional class he needed to graduate and join the team this late indicates he may have a chance to play this year.

Or, we think he may have a breakout year in high school and didn't want to lose him to someone else.

Bet his high school coach his pissed.

WF IMG Sports Net @WakeForestIMG · 5h
First @WakeFB show of the season with @CoachClawson is 2 weeks from tonight. 7pm at @BibsDowntown as we preview the 2014 season #GoDeacs

Asking him to reclassify, take the one additional class he needed to graduate and join the team this late indicates he may have a chance to play this year.

Or, we think he may have a breakout year in high school and didn't want to lose him to someone else.

Bet his high school coach his pissed.

I am guessing that Claw did not want to lose him as he sounds like a freak athlete. Yes, his HS coach cannot be pleased.

ACC -

Honestly, Claws is looking for warm bodies on the DL....would be a huge bonus if at 6'6" 260 he can actually play a little.

From what I can tell he is still a bit undersized, I'll keep an eye on him tomorrow morning.

I am guessing that Claw did not want to lose him as he sounds like a freak athlete. Yes, his HS coach cannot be pleased.

At least the football coach can brag that he coached a player into getting a P5 scholarship in his sport.

The basketball coach loses him and can't even say that.

A ton more energy. The head coach is actually coaching during practice. People doing the wrong things are immediately reprimanded and punished with push-ups of some sort. There are games within the practice between offense and defense to see who wins. The loser does up and downs. Players are way more intense and respond well to the upbeat energy.

A lot of stuff like that. On my phone, but can possibly expand more if you would like later today.

Hearing stuff like this makes me want to buy tickets. As of 2012 I got so tired of watching players stand around on the sidelines like bored children, not even bothering to watch, much less cheer for, their teammates. That more than anything else (well, other than protesting Wellman and [Redacted]) made me give up my season tickets last year. Sounds like The Claw is bringing some badly needed intensity back to this program and I hope to see it reflected on game day.

Hearing stuff like this makes me want to buy tickets. As of 2012 I got so tired of watching players stand around on the sidelines like bored children, not even bothering to watch, much less cheer for, their teammates. That more than anything else (well, other than protesting Wellman and [Redacted]) made me give up my season tickets last year. Sounds like The Claw is bringing some badly needed intensity back to this program and I hope to see it reflected on game day.
Come on back, join the revolution!

Yeah it was a fucking disgrace. Walked out of the 2012 BC game (which was win) and declared I wouldn't return until Wellman was gone or cleaned house.

But I'm so ClawsIn. I wish we had a game within driving distance of Austin,

Enjoying reading the BSD reports.

Can someone confirm me when practices take place? It isn't "early morning" by chance, is it?

I'll be out there tomorrow with Cumberland. Anything in particular y'all want us to watch for? We will do our best.

I'm just interested in the overall offensive scheme, if it's yet discernible.

It's definitely a 2-4-5 and some of it has been touched on in this thread. Dan also wrote a good article about it this week.

Basically there are two linebackers (Lee and Chubb) and depending on whether or not it's a run/pass situation, both players have different things they can do to read the play.

Hunter Williams is the rover and he moves around depending on situations as well.

As we get into the scrimmage on Sunday it will help out too because we can easily see the down and distance and how the plays are drawn up.

Back